“You know it's bad when they don't even bother to ask if everything was ok!”

Paul Revere Smorgasbord
Ranked #321 of 440 Restaurants in Ocean City
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We decided to try this place the evening we arrived after driving most of the day. It was downstairs in our hotel. What a pitiful excuse for a restaurant! The "meat carving station" just had a chunk of cold dried up meat. The other entrees were looking pretty dried up and pitiful also. Whoever cut the items for the salad bar cut them in HUGE chunks and they looked totally un-appetizing. The food tasted like the cheapest quality they could find. Not to mention... all the workers kept coming out and getting platefuls of food in groups. Not professional at all in my opinion. Beware too that they add a 15% gratuity to your bill automatically. This place is NOTHING like they advertise it. Do yourself a favor and skip it! If you want a good buffett -- head to Phillips. A little pricier, but well worth it!

3  Thank Joyce K

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We eat here every time we go to Ocean City...several times as a matter of fact! The lines are long at mealtimes but they go pretty fast! The food is really good for a buffet....chicken is wonderful and so is the soup....shrimp is a plus!!!! Price is excellent for the family to enjoy a great meal!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was the second time we ate here. Our first visit, about 4 years ago, the food and service was much better! This time, I was sadly disappointed and left with a bill of 60 for three people before tip. The salad bar was fine; the rest of the food was cold, there were not enough plates, our table was WET (like they cleaned it but didn't wring out the rag) and the desert area was a mess!

Our server was fine but several others acted like it was a chore to answer questions or be kind. Sadly disappointed and will not return.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and i and a family friend ate there in Aug of 2013. Our first time to Ocean City so thought we would give it a try. Bill ended up being over $100.00 for the 6 of us and the food was terrible. Our family friend ended up getting sick five mins as soon as we walked out. I will never eat there again.

1  Thank Michael2972
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I can say without a doubt this is the worst place I've ever eaten. Dark, musty restaurant ended up being a $40 bill for two people which included food which made a school cafeteria look good. The tomatoes at the salad bar tasted like armpit, the macaroni and cheese was noodles with canned nacho cheese sauce, all the meat was old and dry, the mashed potatoes tasted like chunky sour cream, the apple "crisp" was so runny it wouldn't stay on my plate... Asked for Diet Coke and got tea. I don't know if I'm more offended that they charged us $40 with a straight or added 15% gratuity for staff who has no idea how to run a restaurant. you know it's bad when you look around and everyone's face looks despondent. I wouldn't eat here again even if it was free.

5  Thank Nuzzums