“this place is fantastic.”
Review of Mug & Mallet

Mug & Mallet
Ranked #215 of 441 Restaurants in Ocean City
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

came to town looking for crabs and I found it here. not only was the service fantastic and the brews cold and cheap, but I got to chat with the chef about his experiences. definitely one of the best local shops to grab a bite on the go or have a meal with the family! we even went back for seconds! a must if your in second street.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Located on the Ocean City, MD, Boardwalk, the Mug and Mallet is a real gem! The location is perfect for beach goers or those walking the boards. The menu is outstanding from appetizers to sandwiches to entrees. The prices are more than fair. They have a kids menu as well. Happy Hour is 1 to 4, Monday through Friday, with half price appetizers and great drink prices.
There is a lot of seating in the newly remodeled dining and bar area. There are lots of outdoor seating as well on the updated deck area.
The food is delicious. The staff is friendly. This is a must stop when in the area.
Be sure to check out their website.

2  Thank denmiller2003
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I would like to start by saying this experience probably is not typical. I went here for breakfast one morning because it was extremely close to my hotel. We took and outside seat and waited for our server. He promptly came out and took our drink order, leaving us with menus. He then took another tables drink order and left. An hour passes and he finally brings drinks apologizing and taking our order. Another half an hour passes and we are finally brought food. Mind you no refills in between. Our servers, who turned out to be a cook filling in because another server had apparently quit. He apologized and compensated us. The food we got was still very delicious, and our server still got a tip. I would recommend this place strictly on the hope that service was a fluke and because the food I had was great!

1  Thank Bobby G
Reviewed 25 September 2013

For years I have been saying that I want a meal which consists of the following:

Newspaper on the table
Roll of paper towel
Beer
Bucket for body parts.

Check, check, check, check. Thank you Mug & Mallet. Came here for dinner with 10 people and had an excellent meal. Two of us split the some steamer special which was 1lb of crab, 1lb of shrimp, 1/2lb of snow crab and corn for $25. Awesome. Add a pitcher of beer and some fritters and I really don't need much more.

The restaurant itself was a little dirty, but really, it is a boardwalk restaurant, so I am not expecting miracles. Also, you are pretty much going to make a MESS eating, so why shouldn't the place be a little dirty too. We were able to sit outside along the boardwalk. Our waiter was a nice guy and kept the beer coming.

I am sure there are better seafood places in the area, but this was exactly what I was looking for. If you want to just chow down on crabs and do some people watching at the same time, this is the place for you.

1  Thank OhmZoned
Reviewed 6 September 2013

If there is any place that has friendly atmosphere and great food, it's the Mug & Mallet. The crabs were cooked to perfection. The strawberry daiquiri's were out of this world, could not get enough of these drinks. The staff were awesome. I would definitely go back. We loved the place so much we ate there every day while on vacation. The view while out on the deck was beautiful.