“Even the Corn on the Cob Was Bad”
Review of Mug & Mallet

Mug & Mallet
Ranked #219 of 426 Restaurants in Ocean City
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Wheeling, West Virginia
“Even the Corn on the Cob Was Bad”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

After searching forever to find a parking spot near the boardwalk at Ocean City, my wife and I didn't want to drive any place else for something to eat. Being in Maryland, I really wanted a crab cake and we chose the Mug & Mallet because it had seafood on the boardwalk. Bad idea. We sat inside because it was cloudy and a little chilly, and almost left when we realized it was just a couple of tables separated from a bar by a small divider. The food just wasn't good. I had a Crab Cake Fluff and it tasted like mostly filler with a ton of pepper. My wife had a different style of crab cake but basically said the same thing. The sad part is that the corn on the cob wasn't even good. I'm still confused about how you mess up steaming corn. Our waitress wasn't bad, but I gave her a $100 bill to pay with and it was fifteen minutes before she finally brought my change. It induced a short panic attack. We won't be back.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Aaron B

Baltimore, Maryland
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I loved the food. We got the all you can eat crabs, shrimp and corn. Totally worth the price! And the staff was so friendly and helpful.

Visited May 2014
dundalk
“this place is fantastic.”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

came to town looking for crabs and I found it here. not only was the service fantastic and the brews cold and cheap, but I got to chat with the chef about his experiences. definitely one of the best local shops to grab a bite on the go or have a meal with the family! we even went back for seconds! a must if your in second street.

• Visited June 2014
Ocean City, Maryland
“Boardwalk Gem”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Located on the Ocean City, MD, Boardwalk, the Mug and Mallet is a real gem! The location is perfect for beach goers or those walking the boards. The menu is outstanding from appetizers to sandwiches to entrees. The prices are more than fair. They have a kids menu as well. Happy Hour is 1 to 4, Monday through Friday, with half price appetizers and great drink prices.
There is a lot of seating in the newly remodeled dining and bar area. There are lots of outdoor seating as well on the updated deck area.
The food is delicious. The staff is friendly. This is a must stop when in the area.
Be sure to check out their website.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank denmiller2003
Connellsville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Bad Service, Good Food”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I would like to start by saying this experience probably is not typical. I went here for breakfast one morning because it was extremely close to my hotel. We took and outside seat and waited for our server. He promptly came out and took our drink order, leaving us with menus. He then took another tables drink order and left. An hour passes and he finally brings drinks apologizing and taking our order. Another half an hour passes and we are finally brought food. Mind you no refills in between. Our servers, who turned out to be a cook filling in because another server had apparently quit. He apologized and compensated us. The food we got was still very delicious, and our server still got a tip. I would recommend this place strictly on the hope that service was a fluke and because the food I had was great!

• Visited August 2013