“I never thought I would say this, but I wish I was at the Olive Garden!”
Review of Olive Tree Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Olive Tree Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Where do I begin.... my boyfriend and I were just looking for some average italian fare, but we were gravely disappointed. We have both worked in the food service industry for years. My boyfriend is a sous chef at a fine dining restaurant in Pa. We arrived at about 930, the parking lot was mostly empty but we decided to give it a try anyway. The hostess that sat us was very pleasant, as well as our server, but that didn't make up for the poor quality of food. We ordered drinks; I got a rum runner. Our server came back to ask me whether or not I wanted it frozen, so I said, "Sure". It wasn't good. Too strong, not sweet enough or something, so I asked for a side of pineapple juice to mix in. That was better. We ordered a fried mozzarella stick and zucchini appitizer (which i thought meant zucchini sticks, but it was rounded slices). The zucchini was too soft. The bottomless salad bowl was okay, but the pepperoncini was strangly too salty. Okay, weird, but no big deal. We were at this point, however, highly doubting whether or not our entrees would be up to par. We had both ordered the seafood marinara. It looked fine when served, large portions. But the seafood just wasn't good. Maybe we should've known better than to order a seafood dish here, but I figured I'm down the shore in August, how could it not be fresh? You could tell it was frozen (scallops, shrimp, and calamari at least). The mussels, clams, and crab just didn't taste fresh. The first thing I ate was a mussel, and it was a little funky. My boyfriend felt the same way, so we sent it back. I hate sending things back, but I also hate not to enjoy a meal I'm paying for. The elderly couple behind us was also having a poor experience at the same time. Overhearing them in conversation, it sounded like this was a place they used to come back to year after year. It's a shame because it certainly didn't sound like they would be back. Anyway, I digress. We decided to split a chicken parmigana because, "How can you screw up chicken parm?" I was wrong. Way wrong. They killed it. Super tough. We said we would eat it anyway, picked at one breast, pushed the plates away, and asked for the check. The waitress said, "So, I guess we don't want that wrapped?" No, thank you. I don't like to make a fuss, but it would've been nice at this point if someone showed a little more concern. Like a manager. Is anyone paying attention here? We weren't charged for the seafood (which we sent back basically without touching), but were charged a share charge for the salad (which is clearly printed on the menu) and a full order of chicken parm. Would've been nice to see a discount on that. Lousy dinner. Worst I've had in a long while.

2  Thank Cheftress

Reviewed 21 August 2012

I went there with my family of 4, ranging in ages from 14 through44, and each member truly enjoyed their meal. This is a lot coming from a family of with a lot of Italian heritage. I ordered the vegetarian lasagne and it was so tasty and well prepared. My son had the cheese ravioli, which I believe he did not breathe while he ate them because they were so fresh tasting. The chicken alfredo was so rich and flavorful as well as the chicken parmesan. The never ending salad was wonderful for this hungry family. Our severer was a young man from Ireland who was attentive, pleasant, and quite service oriented. Would absolutely visit again next time in OC.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We have dined at the Olive Tree on at least two occasions, more likely three and we were pleased every time. We were very happy with the menu and the food, not to mention the service. Undoubtedly we will return.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We went there one night for dinner, I just love italian and I was not disappointed at all. I had the lasagna which was excellent !! The service was excellent. A classy restaurant with truly home-made italian cuisine. Prices were a little high, but so is everything in Ocean city, Maryland. We got dessert to go since we were so stuffed. Ate the cake later on, it was awesome! One day I will return to the ocean for a vacation and will definitely eat here again for that delicious, authentic italian meal !!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

I love Italian food! The Alfredo sauce was the best I have ever had! The marinara sauce was also very good! If you ask they will let you sample the sauces. Desserts were wonderful, all homemade. Did not have room to eat it at restaurant, so we got them to go! Very friendly service, clean, family atmosphere, casual dress. Big thumbs up!!!!