“A+ for the renovation” 3 of 5 bubbles

Waterman's Seafood Co
Ranked #55 of 412 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Jersey
“A+ for the renovation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This rest. went thru major renovation because of fire and reopened late last year. Beautifully done. Fresh, Bright, and very inviting décor. Their menu changed a bit and yes the wait service is lacking. However, it's a good place for blue crabs lovers. They have decent size crabs for a reasonable price. I have always loved their fried oysters and their fried fish sandwich. now they have fish tacos which wasn't bad. I will still go bad for their crabs and oysters.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Birdsboro, PA, USA
“Newly rebuilt since the fire, service has gone downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Went on a Saturday for a late lunch/early dinner. A party of four we were seated promptly. Ordered drinks, appetizers and our meals. Drinks came promptly followed almost immediately by our dinner salads. What happened to our appetizers? "Oh yes, I will go get them right away" said one of the wait staff. Half way through our salads and appetizers the main meals are delivered. While I appreciate the promptness of the kitchen their timing was terrible. The restaurant was almost empty so I guess they had plenty of staff in the kitchen to attend to cooking our food. The whole meal was rushed and handled poorly. The other three had seafood dishes which ranged from okay to good in quality. Broiled Seafood platter, Crab cake and shrimp. I ordered the ribs which are described on the menu as "fall off the bone". I could not chew them off the bone, the steak knife they gave me could not cut them off the bone and finally they gave me a little very sharp knife which after much cutting pared enough meat to almost make a dinner. The ribs were very dry and tough. Realize this is primarily a seafood place. But if you are going to put ribs on the menu and advertise them as fall off the bone they should be somewhere near there. Had been to the old Watermans before it burned down and found it to be a much better restaurant. Metal tables my be good for cleaning off the seafood but it makes a terrible noise when people are banging their crabs with the little wooden hammers. What is the noise level during rush hours? I have made my first and last visit to the new Waterman's.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Have been to Watermans many times in the past and it was a positive experience, however this time it was awful. After being promptly seated. . .even on Easter, we waited an hour to submit our order. When it did come the mac and cheese that was ordered came as veggies, then as mac salad when I mentioned the order was wrong. My baked potato didn't come until after the meal was finished. I had salmon which was a bit overcooked, and the previously great crab cakes were sub par. The newly remodeled restaurant was rather poorly decorated. It makes me think that there are new owners/mgt. as it just wasn't the same Watermans we usually go to.

1 Thank Scsusz9
Falls Church, Virginia
“great deal for kids all you can eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were here off/pre-season and thought the service and the food was good. Great deal for the kids all you can eat feast. Our kids certainly got their (our!) money's worth.

Visited April 2014
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Great food and selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Fresh seafood...we never miss a trip to Waterman's when visiting the beach. You can choose from all-you-can-eat, regular menu items, appetizers, something for everyone not just seafood, but highly recommend!!

Visited June 2013