“Very Good!”
Review of Captain's Table

Captain's Table
Ranked #49 of 437 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located on the 3rd floor of the brand new Courtyard by Marriott on 15th Street and the beach, the family-owned Captain's Table brings back its famous menu, featuring the freshest fish, seafood, vegetables and steaks, not to mention the impeccable service. We are open 7 days a week, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in our restaurant and at the bar and lounge. Banquet rooms, meeting facilities and private dining rooms are available as well, making the Captain's Table the perfect place for you your next party, wedding reception or corporate function. Children's menu available. Families welcome. ADA Compliant - handicap accessible.
Usa
“Very Good!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our hotel front desk recommended the Captains Table and we are glad they did. Drinks at the bar pre dinner. Enormous martini glasses and well made drinks and we were off to a great start.
Started with baked oysters with a seafood foam and garlic bread crumbs. I don't know what equipment they are using to bake these oysters. I am in the business and rarely have I had oysters so perfectly cooked. Smoking hot and sweet and plump. Husband had fried oyster app and again, perfectly cooked crisp, plump and hot. We split a wedge salad. Tons of bacon and blue cheese but could have had just a touch more dressing other than the chunks of blue. My dinner was scallops and crabmeat. Served in a casserole and delicious. Accompanied by loads of fresh green beans and a baked potato. Husband had "signature scampi". Shrimp, scallops and crab again served in a casserole with a very garlicky sauce. Very good. Interesting way to serve scampi. Wine list was very limited but had a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc that was just fine.
Room needs to be rethought as it has a modern and cold feel to it. Also noise is an issue. Big table of golfers nearby and they were loud. Not the staff's fault the room just needs to be configured better. Service was fine. Our "training" waiter was very good and knew his wines and food. Really a nice dinner for a fairly reasonable price.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank H T

Annapolis, Maryland
“One of the Local's favorite place to dine.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I started going to the Captain's Table a long time ago when it was in the Santa Maria Hotel. They tore down the old building and built a nice new building and brought back my favorite place to eat in Ocean City. I have never left without being completely satisfied with our whole dining experience. The meals are just Heavenly, and the Soup's are worth their weight in gold. As a local Hotel owner, I tell my patrons about this place and everyone returns a new forever patron of them and me for turning them on to my favorite place to dine in Ocean City.

1 Thank GDE543
“Good food, slow service”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Just visited Captain's Table and the food was very good. My family and I enjoyed a variety of appetizers. We ordered the crab nachos, shrimp cocktail, scallops, and calamari. The crab nachos were amazing. The size is very generous and the complexity of flavors is remarkable. The bacon wrapped scallops with barbecue sauce was also very good. There was a great balance of sweetness to counter the saltiness of the bacon.

Although the food was very good and the ambience is great compared to other restaurants on the boardwalk, the service left much to be desired. We were seated promptly, but did not receive any bread for fifteen minutes. We only ordered appetizers and they did not reach our table until 30 minutes after being seated. The restaurant was not crowded and there appeared to be in issue with the kitchen as food for all tables appeared to come out at the same time.

Ocean City, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My family and I went here for dinner. We were treated horribly by the owner, she was very snobby and treated us like we were second class citizens. I would never, ever recommend this place to anyone because regardless of how good the food may or may not be, there is no way I'll tolerate being treated the way we were. Our waitress and the host were very polite though.

1 Thank MamaNicole1
Raleigh, USA
“Huge portions”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I had the fish and chips -- so called light fare and yet I got FOUR pieces of fish -- very tasty, good fries, nice sauce, good service

Visited May 2014