“Huge portions, well priced, you can bring the kids!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sahara Cafe

Sahara Cafe
Ranked #9 of 418 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sahara Cafe is a seasonal summer business .
“Huge portions, well priced, you can bring the kids!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

On our first trip to Ocean City, we had "restaurant sticker shock" and were having some trouble finding places to feed the 12 and 14 year old without breaking the bank. Look no further, this is the place. We came in for a late breakfast and it was the best meal we had in 4 days. The pancakes, french toast, and the Belgium waffle were all outstanding - so much so that the kids kept shoveling the food in and my wife and I got a little quiet time. I had the crab and cheddar omelete and it was outstanding. The eggs were nicely cooked, not overdone, and I was a big fan of the hashbrowns. Even the coffee was good. As others have pointed out, this is a cash only joint so make sure to bring real paper money. I could not recommend an Ocean City restaurant more highly - what a great meal!

• Visited July 2014

East Stroudsburg, Pa
“Nice breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just had to finally try this place after years of reading about it. It is a cozy friendly neighborly kind of place. Staff was very nice and welcoming. Coffee was good and fresh and prices very very reasonable. We both had omelets. The ingredients were good and plentiful but my wife had the spinach and feta and the spinach was not chopped up, it was in leaves she did not enjoy it. Another factor is the omelets were razor thin even though large. To us the egg is the main highlight of the omelet so I would suggest that they add 1 or 2 more eggs and raise the price or we will certainly ask them to do so next trip. Dont want to criticize this very nice place just suggest.Pancakes and french toast on other tables looked good.

Visited June 2014
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great Place for Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We visited this restaurant at 10:00 am on a Sunday morning - had about a 10 minute wait for a table since the place is not very large. They DO NOT accept credit cards but have an ATM on site for those without cash. Our group was three adults and one child. My wife had an omelet with crab and onion that she said was fantastic - and loaded with crab. I had creamed chipped beef on toast but also had a pancake. It was all delicious. My son had eggs and pancakes. He cleaned his plate. The only item that was disappointing to us were the grits - which could have used more salt in the water - according to those at the table who tasted them.
The menu prices were reasonable for the quantity of food. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
Jay W, Owner at Sahara Cafe, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us !! We know there are many choices to dine while in Ocean City and we appreciate you come in to see us . Ask for me personally if we can make your dining experience even better !! We don't salt anything and let it up to the customer decide if the dish needs a bit of salt . Thanks again !!
Jay
Frederick, MD
“Best Breakfast in Ocean City, MD.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Best breakfast in Ocean City, MD. Big portions, little price.
French Toast is best I have ever had. I usually pour syrup on mine, but Sahara Cafe's tastes so good, I don't want to ruin it.
Bring cash, they do not take credit cards.
This morning we walked right in, got seated, and had our food within 20 minutes. Sometimes there is a long wait.
They are very friendly and even when I had to ask to move tables because the fragrance on the people seated beside us was so strong, the hostess and server were very sweet and understanding about it.
Be sure to visit the Sahara Cafe just once and you will always go back. The Sahara Cafe' truly is the best breakfast. I know they all sat that, but it is true here.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank tojojijo
Jay W, Owner at Sahara Cafe, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you very much for your review . Hope to see you again soon . Please ask for me personally if I can make you dining experience an even better one !!
Jay
“Great Food, Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

My friends and I were staying in OC and were looking for a nice place to eat. This place looked good so we tried it. It was Amazing!!! The portions were big the food was cooked perfectly and the price was right. I will come back my next visit to OC

1 Thank Joseph T