“Best Breakfast Ever”

Ranked #3 of 436 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Sahara Cafe is a seasonal summer business .
Ocean City, Maryland
“Best Breakfast Ever”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Holy Pork Sausage, don't miss this breakfast spot attached to the Sahara Motel in Ocean City. This place prides itself in fast service, quality food product, and the lowest prices I have seen on the shore. Don't let lines scare you, Sahara's efficiency gets you in fairly fast and served immediately. Almost like they were preparing my food before I got to the table. I found my favorites to be the Chicken Fajita Omelette, and the Crab Benedict. Wow, they use real back fin. I also judge a breakfast place on the sausage and how it is cooked. The large link sausage was better than what I can make at home and way above what I have had at other places. But, the sausage gravy, I think, is by far the best I have had in my life. It is creamy and chocked full of ground sausage. Made with love, it competes with Sahara's Cream Chipped Beef I always have on top of Sahara's golden brown home fries. One can tell this owner and kitchen works for their customers not for themselves. If you like the perfect cup of coffee with superior breakfast choices, you will not go anywhere else while staying in Ocean City. This clean place deserves 5 1/2 Stars.

2 Thank Gary C

Baltimore, MD
“Surprising Find”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We decided to check out this place, after reading the many positive reviews and I'm so glad we did. The place is very unpretentious, yet warm and inviting and reminds me of the many diner style restaurants that I remember visiting in OC when I was a child. The decor was actually fun and unexpected with Jerry Garcia and the Greatful Dead pictures lining the walls. The service was great. We arrived early in the morning and were seated promptly, although people arriving moments after us had to wait for a seat and by time we left, there was a line out the door. The breakfast foods were exactly what I would expect to find in a diner. Just simple classic breakfast items. I ordered hash and over easy eggs which came with hash browns and toast. My wife ordered the scrambled eggs and toast. The hash looked to be the basic canned hash that you would find at any other diner. It was cooked perfectly crispy on the outside and served in a hefty portion. The eggs also perfectly over easy. The hash browns were the classic shredded style hash brown that had been cooked perfectly crispy on the outside while soft on the inside. All our food came out quickly. Service was friendly. The prices might be the lowest I've seen this close to the boardwalk in lower OC. For two breakfasts with coffee, our total with tax was about $18. I really couldn't say anything bad about the place. Even the bathrooms were clean and well maintained. You can tell this place is owned and managed with pride! Try this place! You won't be disappointed.

3 Thank mikemike0221
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I ate here on Sunday and the food was great! I ordered Ray's perfect storm ...2 eggs, french toast, 2 pieces of bacon and hash browns... absolutely delicious. Easily the best breakfast that I had in Ocean City maryland. I will definitely be coming back.

The coffee was also very good, as well as the service!

2 Thank Adriane C
Millersville MD
“Edges out the Satelite Cafe”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We decided to try the Sahara Cafe as it was pretty close to our hotel. We've always enjoyed going to the Satelite Cafe as it is a bit closer to hotel of choice. We did have a couple of complaints with the Satelite that were fixed with the Sahara. Getting coffee refills was a chore to the point of wanting to wait till the servers back was turned to get my own. And that was the other problem. They don't employ enough wait staff and getting anything past the plate of food you ordered was difficult.

The Sahara's staff is top notch and there is no wasted movement. Yet, my server took the time to stop and really listen to a question I had and then went to the trouble of finding the info I needed. Coffee is also no longer a chore as they bring you a carafe...even if only one person is partaking, as was the case at our table. We both had pancakes and bacon. Pancakes we light and fluffy and I wanted to finish them but it was such a generous serving that I couldn't. And the bacon was the nice, thick, primo kind I make at home. That was a pleasant surprise.

We will be back on our next trip to OC to try out lunch. BTW...they only serve breakfast and lunch.
And I think someone there likes the Grateful Dead. Just a hunch! Also, as is the case at many other OC establishments only cash is accepted.

2 Thank dana21108
Newark, Delaware
“Ocean City's Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I were in OC for a couple of days. I looked up local breakfast places and decided on this one. It is a small location connected to the Sahara Motel. As we walked up to this place we had our second thoughts but saw that a lot of people were going inside. We were seated immediately upon arrival. My wife said that the sign of a good breakfast restaurant is if they can make a good eggs benedict. Well this place did 1 better. They added crab to it. My wife was sold!! I had the Lifeguard Platter which included pancakes and bacon. When in town, we will definitely be back. Oh, bring cash as that's all they accept. Our waitress Joyce was very kind. She has been with this restaurant for 27 yrs. You go girl!

Visited August 2014