“Go for Ice Cream”

Ranked #7 of 33 Dessert in Ocean City
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Pros: Very good homemade ice cream, good value.

Cons: Slow service despite a small after-lunch crowd.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I asked if they could make my hamburger into a double-hamburger. Was told "no". To me it seemed a simple addition of an extra patty, together with a little more charge to accord. Not a job for a Harvard grad.

However, when the burger arrived, it was very very nice, and cooked to my liking as specified, "medium". On a pretty darn good bun, not this stale tasting mess you get out so often lately.

Also, I could see why no extra patty. Because the solitary one was huge enough! You wouldn't be able to fit 2 into your mouth.

I saw what from all visual accounts was surely a grand!!!! club sandwich going by ... with enough white bread to take a diabetic person out. But I'm sure they could rustle one up on wheat per request.

That is unless the same lack of responsiveness to request goes to the wheat that went to the double patty. He he!

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Dumser's was right next to are condo.We walked by the food and it smelled very good, so we decided to give the food a try one day. When we stopped on a Thursday evening, there was no lines which was pretty nice. Me and my wife decided to get the chicken breast bites and the chicken tenders. The price was a little with the price being around 10 dollars per basket. After a short wait though, the price was worth it. The chicken was nice and hot, with a lot of fries with your choice of sauce. With all the food you ended up getting, the price ended up being not to bad. There was nice outdoor seating to sit. The chicken was very good and the fries weren't bad either. Overall pretty good dinner style food and I would recommend giving it a try.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

For a late lunch we shared a homemade chicken salad sandwich, with fries. I had a large iced tea and my husband had a delicious chocolate shake. Our chicken salad sub was cut in half for us, each half on it's own plate with what I thought must have been a few extra fries. The salad was very, very, very good. Tasty, cold, crunchy pieces of celery, seasoned well. The sub was a good size. The fries are those crinkle, accordion fries. They were not very hot, but were okay. Our service, at 2 pm, was very good. Our waitress was young, but she took good care of us. We were one of four tables at that time, in the room.

A problem with Dumser's is finding the ones that serve what you want when. Only one serves breakfast, only two serve food, and the rest are Dairyland, meaning ice creams. Overall, I'd return. With a 22% tip, our bill was just under $30.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is a great place for ice cream and other snacks. Ice cream is made locally and the freshness can be tasted. Flavors are constantly rotated which means you are likely to never try the same flavor twice, unless of course, you want to.