“If you like the taste of cardboard you will love this pizza!”
Review of Captains Pizza & Sub Restaurant - CLOSED

Captains Pizza & Sub Restaurant
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Portland, Oregon
“If you like the taste of cardboard you will love this pizza!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

So it was late one Friday night and the food delivery options were limited. We found Captains Pizza and decided to give it a try...not a good idea.

We ordered two pizzas on their $22 special. The delivery took about a half-hour to arrive. The pizza was horrible. There was no real taste to the pizza besides for a cardboard type taste that was not good.

We will never order pizza from here again!

• Visited September 2013

Pennsylvania
“Try someplace else!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

With so many options in OC, there is no reason to eat here. The delivery took over an hour, so the food was ice cold when it arrived. The kids were impressed by the size of the pizza (I think it's 28 inches), and they both seemed to enjoy it. Hubs and I, not so much. It tasted slightly better after being microwaved, but not enough to want to have it again. The cheesesteak was horribly unappetizing. We each took one bite and set it aside. Cold, with a gooey mass of fluorescent orange cheese on top of it. Foul. The mozzarella sticks have a very odd taste to them, but can't put my finger on what it is. The delivery guy was really nice, and very apologetic about how long it took to arrive to us, but the food was just awful.

• Visited August 2013
Somerset, Pennsylvania, United States
“Super fast delivery and cheap earns them 4 stars”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Delivery in 20 minutes! Super fast! Ordered 2 large pizzas. Pizza was decent and affordable. Found coupons in Hotels MENU book to get 2 pies for $22.99. Large pizza is 14".

Visited August 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“We loved their 28" Pizza! YUM!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I've never eaten at Captain's pizza before. We saw a woman at the pool with the biggest pizza I've ever seen and we asked where she got it. So we tried it. It was about $36 for a 28" pizza and we thought it was delicious! I would go back for the pizza!

• Visited August 2013
alex e, Manager at Captains Pizza & Sub Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
hi , with my regards to your alerting review which I can find harsh on my restaurant reputation , but I can assure you that I do check on every single customer inside or outside my restaurant , as to the age , I wont risk 25 years of captains reputation ... so please accept my apology ... thank you
Northern VA
“STAY AWAY!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was some of the most disgusting and overpriced food we've EVER had.

For two cheesesteaks, two orders of fries, and a cold sub sandwich, we paid just over $34. Ridiculous. The deli meat and cheese on the sub sandwich was sliced waaaayyyy too thick. The steak on the cheesesteaks tasted like cold steak-um meat. The cheese used tasted like cheap, generic-brand, cheese. Fries do not come with any of the sandwiches.

When they first came to bring us our plates and silverware, we were given really old plastic plates that were wet and had bits of paper stuck to them. Should have got up and left at that point instead of asking for clean, dry plates.

Asked for three waters... got two waters and one awful glass of lemonade... they must have ran out of sugar. YUK

As for the atmosphere. Ugghhh. Waitresses not knowing what comes on things or what is served with what. After we had been there 15 minutes, waiting on our food and watching TV, a family comes in and the restaurant lets him take the remote and change the TV to a sports talk show without any regard for everyone else who was in there already watching TV.

The food you get looks NOTHING like what you see on their website or in the restaurant books you may have in your rental unit or hotel.

Seriously... go to Subway or Quizno's or Dominoes or Pizza Hut if you want a sub or pizza. Do NOT go here... EVER. Save your money for something edible. Save your stomach from gut rot.

• Visited July 2013