“Great Pizza”

Pino's Pizza
Ranked #36 of 420 Restaurants in Ocean City
Price range: US$4 - US$35
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Takeout
Description: We re-open Friday May 12th 2017! and close up for the season after the 2nd weekend of Oct. We offer 10 minute Carry-out, or Fast Delivery to all of Ocean City. NO EAT IN. 81st street Coastal Highway. 2017 is our 36th year! How we make our Sauce: Our pizza is most noted for its tasty sauce as well as not being skimpy with it. In 25 years of being in the pizza biz, we have never ever deviated from buying the best, most delicious, and most expensive, cold packed plum tomatoes from Stanislaus County California. We buy it fresh ground and its not from concentrate. Its texture is bits-and-pieces and we add only 10% water. There is enough in the ground plum tomatoes already. Then we add our own preportioned large bag of spices and herbs mix. In this biz, it called the "Goodie-Bag". It consists of Oregano, Parsley, Basil, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, & hot crushed peppers. We wioll not tell you portion so out flavor stays original and unique. We boil these 8 spices and herbs like a loose tea brew, and then combine this brew to cold smashed tomatoes pieces and puree. WahLa---done. No cooking the tomatoes. Taste fresher this way. It`s Punchy. The spices and herbs "POP" better this way.Our unique 4-Cheese blend:Mozzarella, White Cheddar, Parmesan, and Romana. I love how mozzarella is so WHITE and how when cooked it stays white, but with little brown dots that appear when it`s done. Mozzarella is creamy white and gives the pizza a chewy texture which is a thumbs-up feature in the pizza world. The other 50% of my cheese blend, which is also freshly shredded on site daily, is Wisconsin white cheddar. Wisconsin white cheddar is extra flavorful, exactly the same price as Mozzarella, and is known for keeping the cheese soft the next day for those that eat cold pizza, or re-heated pizza. Our 3rd & 4th cheese added to each pie, is a couple thick pinches of both Romano, and Parmesan cheese, added on top, and baked into every pizza that leaves my front door. This is my own signature "4 cheese blend". We use only fresh made Pizza Dough:It is hand stretched. It's between a thin to medium thick crust. EVERY single pizza that leaves my premise has a crust that has been brushed with EVO which helps the crust brown nicely. Our pizza crust has great fold-ability and is soft and on the chewy side. Re-heating it in the oven will produce a crunchy crust. Re-heated pizza is the bomb because it dries up the crust more and makes the cheese hot and gooey again, yet the sauce is insulated, so it's not scolding. That's why a re-heated slice is easier to eat and more tasty actually!Toppings: All our toppings are fresh. We fresh slice all our veggies on premise except for our black olives, sweet peppers, & banana peppers. My personal favorite house-cooked topping is our bacon. It is very savory! We par-cook it 3/4 of the way in the oven by itself, dump off the grease, then blast chill it for storage. Then we cook it the rest of the way on the pizza. This way it is not greasy on the pizza. Affordability/Quality: Compared to chains $10. Pizzas, I admit we are expensive. But along with this fact, I hope while you eat our pizza, that you will agree it is more substantial as for its generous portion of rich hearty sauce, a generous portion of our 4-cheese blend, and a hearty portion of fresh delicious toppings. We are a "Mom & Pop" shop. You are reading about us now, contemplating to NOT choose a pizza chain for some reason. What was it? You were searching for a place that offers something better, more unique, and you were willing to pay a little more. We have coupoin specials that we honor even if you simply mention them. Its ok if you do have the coupon, but you must at least mention the offer. Ask for our 2-fer deal: Two XL 16" Cheese Pizzas for $27.99. If wings are a must add-on, ask for our Pizza and 10 wing deal: A XL 16" Cheese Pizza with 10 Regular or Boneless Wings, for only $22.99 About Us: Pino`s is NOT a chain as some think. This has been a family run business for 35 years. No second store anywhere. It has been in my family for 30 years after buying it from Pino Tomasello in 1986. I personally run the day to day operations since 1992. My wife Tracey handles the deposits, bills, and paperwork side of the business. Thank you Honey! We believe it is true that the best customer service and quality control comes from a store that is "owner operated" personally. Not where the owner is divided by 4-5 stores etc. We are happy doing one store and because of this, hopefully you will experience something better over-all. We only Serve BIG Pizzas: XL 16" Pizza for $15.99. Our NYC 20" Pizza for $21.99. Our 28" Super Party Pizza for only $36.99. Thank You, Jim Hofman Owner/Operator
Trappe, Maryland
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have always had a great pizza from Pino's Pizza. The staff is very courteous and friendly. Pino's is a must have when in Ocean City!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank David H

PA
“So good!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I just tried this pizza shop for the first time this past trip and it was amazing! I've been going to Ocean City since I was a kid and can't believe I'm just now trying it. The prices and amount of pizza you get are great as we had coupons provided by our hotel! It's def. different from your average pizza. Can't wait to have this again!

• Visited July 2014
Mechanicville, New York
“Best ever”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Great pizza flavor and service. And the BIGGEST pizza we ever had. Not only was it 28 inches around there was no lack of flavor with the large size. Will definitely order again. They deliver throughout all of Ocean City in 1 hour.

1 Thank Mary S
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Good, not great”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was excited to try Pinos pizza because of the great reviews. Our family found it good, but not as good as our home town favorites. I found it very cramped just standing in the shop waiting for my pizza.. I would recommend the owner consider a bigger place with an eat in option.
I found it expensive for pizza, the toppings are charged individually. Maybe offer a veggie or meat lover or 3 combo option.

Visited July 2014
Smithsburg, Maryland
“Best pizza ever”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Looking for a excellent pizza. Look no further. This pizza has that old time pizzeria taste. Just the right amount of cheese and sauce and spices. The staff has always been so helpful and the price is just right when you are on a budget. Highly recommend.

Visited July 2014