“Best Chinese food in OC”
Review of Rice House

Rice House
Ranked #185 of 440 Restaurants in Ocean City
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

This place has an outstanding chef, the food is always consistent and I've been coming here for over 4 years. The menu has a large variety and the food is exquisite. Today's special was fried green tomatoes with scallops. My favorite is general tho's chicken, don't forget to order some Jasmine tee with your meal.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I was really disappointed with Rice House, as it had been recommended by a friend and seems to have garnered many very good reviews. I suppose if you haven't had much sushi outside of resort towns you might rate the place differently.

Let me start by saying that the waitstaff were very very nice. A young mother's child knocked over a large drink, soaking her table, and while she kept apologizing, her server just kept saying "you're fine." Everyone I dealt with made me feel very welcome and I was asked more than once if my food was good.

A few negatives: I asked if the restaurant had Singha beer, was told yes, and ordered one. What came back was a Tsingtao beer, very different though the names could, I suppose, be confused -- but, hey, this is a Japanese restaurant, so staff should know the difference. I ordered a crab/avocado salad and the sushi special. After a short wait, the sushi was brought out and I was told the crab/avocado salad would be out shortly. Both by virtue of its nature and its placement on the menu (and since I said "I'll start with the avocado crab salad and then have the sushi special"), it should have been served first. When it did arrive, it had a fairly small amount of crabmeat on a half of a perfect avocado and lots of shredded cucumber. It would have been more accurately described as a cucumber/avocado salad with a crab-laced dressing. The sushi itself was "okay," certainly not bad but really nothing to write home about.

I was disappointed. The meal cost a bit more than far superior sushi meals that I've had elsewhere (though not in this area).

Again, though, the servers were lovely (if not knowledgable about their beers). I probably wouldn't go back, all the same.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Great atmosphere.Delicious.When in town.will go back again and again.great location,On our way to Frontier Town-water park

Reviewed 25 May 2013

My wife and I have been going to Rice House for the past 10 years, at least 6-8 times per year, and we love it. The food has been consistently excellent, both the traditional Chinese dishes and the sushi. The wait staff are congenial, always recognize us, stop to chat with us, and never make us feel rushed. This is by far the best Chinese restaurant we have discovered on the Eastern Shore. There may well be equals or better, but why bother to look when this one is so close and so pleasing to visit.

Located on mainland Rt. 611 a short drive from the Rt. 50 bridge out of Ocean City, this restaurant primarily serves the West Ocean City and Berlin folks, but if you are in the southern part of Ocean City, it's easy to get to and worth looking for.

1  Thank NormS187
Reviewed 21 February 2013

My wife and I live in NYC , a quick busride from Chinatown and I worked (before retiring) in Flushing Queens which has far surpassed Manhattan Chinatown as the largest and most populated Chinese neighborhood in the East. We have a second home in Ocean City and while I was originally New York Centric when it came to Chinese food, we have learned to love Rice House. Chef B is creative and his many specials are all worth trying. I particularyl like the noodle curry and seafood offerings and my wife enjoys the many chicken and pork based fusions. The young Eastern Europeon lady servers are terrific, competent, friendly and anxious to please. We eat here on every trip to OC and will continue to do so.