“Food was decent but service is lacking”
Review of Yokozuna Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yokozuna Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Hi went here with some friends in August to get sushi, It seemed fine in the beginning as the waiter took our orders pretty quickly. Then after that he was no where to be seen, he actually seemed like he was ignoring us. The place was not busy at all so there was no reason for such a long wait for our sushi, and to get drink refills. The waiter brought free salads as an apologie which kinda helped. All in all the sushi was decent but the service was horrible. If you do go here, expect to wait a long time to get your food, at least 45 minutes.

Reviewed 9 October 2009

I have frequented Yokuzuna over the years. Usually stop by before or after the Movies. Place looks the same but the prices are higher, service is worse and generally not real busy the two times I have been back.

I thought the sushi was ok. Philly Rolls of course and the Snow White special was to dies for. Not much else on the menu though. Prices way to high. Not for the budget but still nice to have sushi uptown again. Nick at the Bar was very nice and bought us some Sake Bombs....I will say he needs to watch his language. He was using some bad language att he bar which is right next to the tables and I could see a table was pretty angry. I'll go back as I have not much choice. Average at best.

Reviewed 7 September 2009

My boyfriend and I arrived at around 8:20. I tall man with dark hair told us that it would be 10 to 15 minutes and to sit down. He was very unpleasant and not very personable. He was very preoccupied with closing the restaurant and not having many customers from the looks of it. Anyway there were about five empty tables, but he sat us down at the Sushi bar after making us wait even though the Sushi bar area had remained empty the whole time we were waiting.....very strange. Anyway we ordered right away and our waitress was nice(I'm sure she could'nt help the situation). We waited a good hour for our food. There was a party in the back that was getting most of the food and attention the whole night. I counted at least twenty dishes go to the back like one to two every fifteen minutes or so....at least it seemed that way. The man that had greeted us lied to several people who came in and asked if there was a wait and he told them it would be an hour. However, he picked and chose whom he told it would be an hour or if it would be 5 to ten minutes. I don't think he cared that he was full of [--]. (by the way none of the tables ever got filled so they were not reserved or anything).... Anyway, I will never go there again. The food was so freakin slow and there was only one Sushi chef doing all the work and I'm not sure what the other one was doing. Sushi was good, but my boyfriend is still in the bathroom and I am nausiated. That place was strange and bogus. Don't waste your time. Whomever is running that place needs to get some business skills and know how to run a restaurant that could do more business than I'm sure it does. I will not be shocked if it does not remain. Oh well, coulda woulda shoulda!

Reviewed 10 July 2009

Hopefully Yokozuna will stay open again, as it cloised in 2008. It's our favorite sushi place in OC. The version that closed... it would take 45 minutes at a minimum to get the food. One time it took 1 hour and 45 minutes. We arrived at 8pm, got out food at 9:45pm. Yes, they were busy, but.... Their excuse was the sushi chefs didn't want to send the orders out piece meal. They wanted to display the whole order on large wooden boats. We made a deal with the previous manager. We'd called in our orders and by the time we got there (20 minutes) we'd only have to wait 25 minutes more....

We've been to the NEW Yokozuna twice. We got our food both times in about 20 minutes! That's a vast improvement. They kept the same menu, thankfully. I notice they went from 2 sushi chefs to 4-5! That makes all the difference.

Good Luck Yokozuna!

Reviewed 15 August 2008

menu had a wonderful variety and offered quite a selection for a good price... high recommendation