“It's time to find another crab house”

Higgins Crab House North
Reserve with OpenTable
Higgins Crab House North is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 426 Restaurants in Ocean City
Price range: US$9 - US$39
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 128th street
Transit: Convenient to Ocean City municipal bus stops
Description: Ocean City Md"s premier Maryland style Crab house and Seafood Restaurant. We go to the docks 7 days a week to purchase the very freshest Chesapeake Bay seafood from the man (or woman) that caught it. Bring the family and and enjoy the finest Maryland has to offer...The Higgins Family
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“It's time to find another crab house”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

It is tradition that every time we go to Ocean City MD, we always have dinner one night at Higgins. We were there the weekend of August 24, 2013, their are two adults and two teens in our group.

The service was outstanding by Ella, she was very friendly and quick to refill drinks and clear our table.

The bad. We ordered the crab legs and the blue crabs. The crab legs were dusted with sea salt and they just tasted old. A reviewer had used the comment microwaved and I would agree. The blue crabs which is what I really look forward too were the worst I have ever had. I have crabbed most of my life and I know how a dead crab smells, and we had several dead crabs in our bunch that we received. If they weren't dead and rotten smelling, then they were pasty or to small to enjoy any amount of meat.

With all the choices in Ocean City my family and I will choose a different establishment to enjoy Maryland's famous blue crab. I hope that Higgins gets back to how they used to be, but I fear in this economy they are more concerned about turning a profit and feeding the massive tourist population less than quality food.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Stick to the crabs”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This is a beach crab restaurant, meaning a bit expensive though you get what you pay for, which means lots of crab with very good sides, including really good coleslaw and fried chicken, though the fries disappointingly were the coated fake ones. We had a reservation through Open Table and were seated promptly on a Saturday night though admittedly late summer. The service was great (Alexei from Moldova -- very energetic and attentive). My advice, though, is only order the crabs, whether blue or Alaskan King. One of our party of six had a crab cake, which clearly was the worst I've ever tasted. My sense is the rest of the non-crab menu may be a bit lacking as well. If you want a good crab-picking experience, I'd recommend this place, but I'd stick to the crabs, which is the only basis for giving this restaurant a good review.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“dissappointed”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

love Higgins crabs every time we go we got the all you can eat crabs(there was 4 of us) after the 2nd tray of crabs we got 6 more they came out cold and pasty like they just microwaved them very surprised at this we never had a problem like this before. At $32 plus drink times 4 people I was annoyed they only gave us a 10% discount. Will think again about going there

bowie, MD
“Stay away”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We were trying to go to the crab bag, but the wait was 45 minutes. We ended up at Higgins. There was no wait and that should have been a tip off. We were seated right away. The menus offered a variety of seafood. We got some steamed mussels for appetizer - overcooked, steamed clams- average, and mozzarella sticks- cold. Ordered crab cakes for dinner - mostly bread and lacked flavor. Everything took a long while to come out - except for the drinks. Pick another restaurant. The reviews for the same restaurant on 33rd street seemed better, but I would recommend you stay away from the chain.

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Light Crabs & Mediocre Service”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Menu food tastes like it came from a cafeteria. Crabs were light and tasted re-heated. I didn't have a ruler handy, but I believe we received smaller crabs than we paid for. One person at our table seemed to be invisible. The server forgot her drinks and her salad, then seemed surprised that she was upset by his service! Never again!

Visited August 2013