“Excellent Food”

Ranked #40 of 439 Restaurants in Ocean City
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Rosenfeld's is a kosher-style, Jewish delicatessen, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as over-sized desserts. Wait-staff service, take out service, and ordered-in-advance party platters are all available, as are sliced meats, cheeses, salads, smoke fish, and breads by the pound for carry-out to your home or hotel.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Visited May 29, 2014 for lunch and was glad we did. The sandwiches were very large and tasty.Best pastrami and turkey breast have have eaten. The turkey breast was not dry and very juicy.
The pastrami was fresh and both sandwiches were on rye bread and overfilled and served with tasty pickles.The help catered to your every request. The pricing was also very reasonable.

1  Thank Lewis S

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have eaten lots of corned beef in my lifetime, from NYC to Baltimore and beyond. Some of it has been pretty good and some of it has been pretty bad but at this deli it was simply fantastic. The sandwich was a ‘two-hander’ piled high from a freshly cut hunk of still warm and juicy corned beef. It came with a great pickle that wasn’t overpowering in flavor and we got a side of non-greasy onion rings there were sweet, crunchy and, yes, not greasy at all. She who must be obeyed had a smoked turkey that was so big she couldn’t finish it. The wait staff was exactly what should be at a deli, knowledgeable, bright and positive women who know exacting how to serve patrons well. If you are going to Ocean City Maryland you can’t go wrong going here for a bite or more!

3  Thank lovestoeat2010
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've been disappointed in most delicatessens (even New York's "famous" deli's) for many years. Who would have thought we'd find what we remembered how it SHOULD be in Ocean City, MD? Delicious, delicious, delicious! Rye bread...A+, corned beef...A+, etc.......wish we'd had room for more but after the (really) home made bread pudding, we couldn't eat another bite. It was Memorial Day weekend so the restaurant was crowded, but the wait staff was efficient and good natured. Aside from GREAT food, there are so many clever touches in the decorative aspects of the restaurant ("Let my people go" on the bathroom door for example), you can't help but leave smiling as well as sated on REAL delicatessen food.

1  Thank Diane S
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I just ate the best Reuben in my life. My wife and I just pounded down the Paul’s Traditional for lunch. She actually had to split hers with other family members as a fight broke out when they saw our sandwiches. I’m much bigger than she is so I was able to fend off the little savages (our kids). In any case, back to the food – I don’t know what these folks do to prepare the meat but if you are looking for the definition of melt in your mouth look no further. Eating Rosenfeld’s food was like having a religious experience, so much so that after I ate the Reuben, I told my wife I was ready to convert. While we were waiting for our order, I also had to pry her away from the desert cooler– but not before she ordered the bread pudding. I’m not a big fan of bread pudding but theirs was another homerun. Firm, not soggy and made with an abundance of cinnamon – very tasty. Their pickles are also excellent – I highly recommend the food.

Now, for some of you critics on this forum, first and foremost – this place is a deli and its in Ocean City. If you looking for pianos and wait staff dressed in tuxedos your in the wrong place. In fact – please stop going there so those of us that really enjoy good food can get served quicker. If you’re going to OC this summer and you don’t try this place – your missing out!

2  Thank FioreWine
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I just had the best Reuben I ever ate. The onion rings are to die for, along with the Turtle cheesecake. I regret that I had only one stomach - wanted to keep trying other menu items. My wife's brisket and turkey sandwich was phenomenal!! You can't go wrong here. The wait staff was some of the nicest and most helpful we ever encountered. If you don't leave this place happy you don't know good Jewish food - better than Brooklyn.
Tony & Jeryl, Rye, NY