“Fantastic Lunch”

Olde English Fish Chips & Chicken
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: We are a quick service Restaurant serving the finest quality English Style Batter Dipped Seafood and Premium Fried Chicken & More! You will be delighted to find that we are an affordable Seafood and Chicken specialty Dine In or Carryout Restaurant. For a casual Dining experience, visit one of our locations either in Middle River Or Ocean City Maryland.Try Something Different Today!
Ocean City, Maryland
“Fantastic Lunch”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Eight for lunch. Friendly service. Generous portions. Good price. Clean and neat. Great experience. Will return!!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Jim D

Baltimore, Maryland
“FRIED!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

When it first opened, I had lunch there and it was good! Last time I was there, the tourist season hadn't really started and it was close to closing time. The piece of fish was very small and husband was not at all happy with his chicken, too greasy! I love fish and chips but am hesitant to go back....it's located in what I refer to as a "tourist trap" area for sure!! :)

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Snowycat84
Andy M, Owner at Olde English Fish Chips & Chicken, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
I would first like to apologize if you were not made aware of all of our products that Include Large Jumbo Fish Fillets. We feature a 3oz Cod Loin for our Signitaure Fish and Chips. This is a much smaller piece of Fish in comparison to our 8-10 oz Fillets. I am assuming you chose the 3oz smaller piece of fish and that is why it was small - in comparison to our Large Fillet. Our business was founded upon establishing Family Style Restaurants in local Neighborhoods and that is why we chose Ocean City, Md as it is a wonderful place to bring our Family Restaurant concepts to. Our menu consists of meals that are very reasonably priced and range from $4.99 to $11.99. We feel that with these prices points, we are very resonable. Many of our customers are Families that are looking to save money and not be subject to the many local Tourist Traps that surround us. We hope that you will try us again in the Future. I'd be happy to cook up a 8-10oz Jumbo Cod or Haddock Fillet for you so that you can experience something different.
Cheers!
Merrick, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chicken Wings”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

These are the best chicken wings around, nice and crispy with many flavors to choose from. My favorite is sweet chili pepper wings made to order cooked fresh and hot, not pre cooked. Every time we come to OC, I take either the family or friends to try out their food.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank zap b
Ocean City, Maryland
“Fish and Chips”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Being a local here in Ocean City,I like to try out different food locations.Many tourists ask us where's a good place to get this or that.Recently I tried your place on 67th st.The store was very clean,the 3 girls working were very friendly too.The man who did the cooking was the person in charge.He went on and on about explaining to the 3 girls about the story of fish and chips,how it's made and everything else you can imagine about the food and all about how his family runs all the locations.As he's explaining the story of fish and chips and how his is the best,just like they make it in England.Since he was the person in charge,he should have known that 1 or 2 of his help was from England.She politely said to him,have you ever had real fish and chips from England? It took him by surprise and said no but maybe someday I will.It was kind of off putting to me.He acted like these girls were not too intelligent,I hope he realizes that they were probably college students.Here in OC many stores,restaurants,hotels treat these kids like they are lower level people,well they aren't.They're doing the jobs that our kids won't do.They work hard,many hours and multiple jobs.As far as his great fish and chips,well,it was just OK.To be honest,it tasted like frozen fish not fresh,both pcs.looked almost exactly alike.The chips were way under done too.Just wish I didn't order it to go.The tiny cup of tartar sauce could'nt have been more than a teaspoon amount.Was'nt enough for half a pc let alone 2 pcs.Many of our local shops offer us City employees from 10-20% discount because we are the ones the tourists ask for places to eat at.Sorry but I was not impressed at all. I'm not writing this to trash this place and I'm sure others will have a different opinion,it's just my opinion on my visit there.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank 1128jessy
Gambrills, Maryland
“Fish and Chips”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This restaurant is conveniently located near our condo in Ocean City. As a result, we have eaten here several times. The service is excellent, the restaurant is immaculately clean and the fish and chips are sublime.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Estelle D
Andy M, Owner at Olde English Fish Chips & Chicken, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
We are always happy to hear from our customers. Thanks for stopping by. We really appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a Great Summer!