“Great breakfast, with a wonderful feeling of "Welcome"!”
Review of Breakfast Cafe

Breakfast Cafe
Ranked #303 of 436 Restaurants in Ocean City
Eastern Shore, Virginia
“Great breakfast, with a wonderful feeling of "Welcome"!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Today, driving my mother to the Cape May Lewes Ferry from Virginia, she decided she'd like to have pancakes. With only a very few places serving breakfast after 11 AM, I remembered seeing this Breakfast Cafe on Rte 50 in West Ocean City. Another issue, is an ill dog that cannot be left at home, nor left in the car. I recalled that Breakfast Cafe also has a shady patio. Off we went. Upon arrival, I asked if my dog would be welcome there! Gee whizzz! Was he! Mom ordered her pancakes, but 3 instead of a short-stack so the dog could also have one. The waitress immediately took our dog's water bowl and filled it. When our breakfasts came out (I'd ordered creamed chipped beef on biscuits), she not only brought our food, but an extra plate for the dog. The pancakes, according to my mother, were the best she'd ever had, the coffee was fresh ground for us, and freshly brewed--also excellent, and I do have to say that the chipped beef was a delight. The home fries were baby red skin potatoes, smothered in the chipped beef, which was not a gelatinous mass usually served up in most restaurants, but a home-made, beefy flavored, rich looking breakfast repast. Wow! Dog friendly AND delicious food! Way to go, Breakfast Cafe, I WILL BE BACK!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Frostysmom

“where is my food?”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I watched my wife and kids eat the food while i waited for mine. I told them we were in a hurry... that didn't matter. i finally got my food to go and my eggs weren't there. the OJ tasted funny and my wife didnt even want to finish hers. i ate at the hotel and wasn't satisfied. i asked for wheat bread,but got white bread...the potatoes didn't taste finished and the sausage was dried up. we won't be going back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank BatesFamilyTravels
Maryland
“Awful, new management blunder?”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stopped by this little cafe this past weekend and what a dissapointment. First when you walk in, you enter into their back kitchen area and there was no one to greet us or a sign that said whether to sit ourselves or not. Hubby and I just sat ourselves down at a 2-top. The waitress was too busy to notice us. It was 15 minutes before the bus-boy gentleman actually greeted us and offered us drinks. The waitress was zipping around like she was on her 20th cup of coffee. She couldnt even take the time to smile or look us in the eye. We waited another 20-25 minutes for our food. The breakfast potatoes were dry, have no idea how that happened but they were paste-y. I also got the wrong toast but by this point I was just too hungry to argue. The only thing that was good was the eggs, well cooked. While we were there I saw 2 other tables send back their food. The tables were cramped, service was crazy, and food was poor. We won't be returning.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank LovinLife2gether09
oh
“It is what it is”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I wasn't expecting anything upscale. I could tell that by the outside of the building. We wanted to sit outside so we could watch our dog (who was waiting in our vehicle with the windows partially rolled down on a cool morning). The waitress said No, she was the only one there....now by reading the other reviews, it sounds like she is always the only one there!!!

Anyways, the place was not busy and at one point we were the only ones in the place, so she certainly could have managed!

Overpriced.....two eggs, basic toast, bacon was very thin....maybe the microwave kind, and some average home fries. I think the meal was about $9. Too much money for the quality of the food. Cracker Barrel would have been cheaper. Was worth about $5 tops.

Old furniture, not necessarily clean. Bathroom was kinda dirty and yes, I noticed the old changing table also.

But, it is what it is.....we will not be back. Many many other choices in the OC area!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank drpc12
“Don't. Waste your time”
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

They lock the doors when they are full. Very unprofessional...waitress & owner complainted about being under staffed. Cook was the only person that was assisting waiting customers. They had outside setting but told you to wait until inside seats were available they were nit serving outside since they were short staffed.

1 Thank Thumma