“Wonderful Place, Awesome Service”
Review of Shangri La Motel

Shangri La Motel
Shangri La Motel
Ranked #5 of 18 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have nothing bad to say about this place what so ever! We can down to OC for a girl's weekend, didn't want to spend a lot of money, but at least wanted a nice place to go to sleep. I found this place online, it got good reviews and was fairly priced. We stayed between August 30-Sept 1, when we checked in, we were greeted warmly by the owner/manager, she offered a room for us to check in early so we took it (keep in mind check in wasn't until 2pm and we got there at 830). We got unpacked and hit the beach, which the beach was only a 1/2 block away. I didn't use the pool but it looked clean and nice. Our room was really cute, 2 queen size beds, stove, microwave, full size fridge and stocked kitchen. 2 seating areas and a place to hang our clothes.

The decor looked a little newer and even the bathroom looked updated. The pillows and sheets were soft and the bed was comfy. The towels were even soft too! When we had an issue with our stove not turning on the owner took care of it right away! Every morning fresh coffee and tea was available and the owner would great us every morning and even brewed a fresh pot of coffee for me. The place only has 3 floors, and we were on the 3rd floor so it was easy to carry our stuff up. There was no elevator there, but that was ok with us. It was nice coming in our room for a quick break from the beach and then after being out all night a comfty bed to crash in.

I just can't get over the service so, how kind and efficient everyone was there. I was so pleased and will suggest this place to anyone that needs place to stay. I would of course stay there again for sure. I wish I would have gotten the owner's name, but I plan to call and let her know how happy we were with our stay. Thanks Shangri La Motel! :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank apierce88

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here for 3 days for a last minute vacation with our children. Luckily we got a room and they were not sold out! We stayed from July 4th through July 6th. I had never stayed here before and was extremely happy that we did! Rooms were big and very clean. It seemed like the carpets and beds were new. There was a refrigerator and stove with plenty of dishes. The pool and pool area were clean and welcoming. The manager/owner in the office was very nice and helpful. She even offered for us to check in early if we wanted. Very short walk to the beach. No problems with parking and we came and went as we wished. Wonderful place to stay. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Chellmabell
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed here 2 times in Aug! Great prices! Rooms are nice size for family! Every room has a kitchen with pots,pans,plates,silverwear,cups, bowls, toaster, oven, refridgator and microwave! Just bring your food! There are two tables with enough chairs to seat 6. Half block off the beach and a pool! The staff is great! The owner is a wondrful lady willing to help any way she can! We will be back next summer for a week stay this time!

• Stayed: August 2013