“Anniversary night”
Review of The Edge

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Edge
Ranked #50 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Denton, Maryland
“Anniversary night”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Have been staying here for the past 13 years started at the lighthouse then to the edge I must say first our stays have always been wonderful the service has been superior been on our 11 th anniversary it was awful first we check in at about 6:15 pm John was great getting our luggage up to our room oh we had number 12 one of the penthouses the turn down service shows up and starts asking should we light candles I did not realize it was my job to tell them theirs then they nevered turned down on bed so I called to make sure the pillows were the ones I was supposed to use at this point they did ask to send turn down service back but I did decline I had already did it so I went out just in time to hear turn down being loud saying while I ask if there was anything else they wanted again I did nt know I had to ask for them to turn dwn our bed since I was told that was included in the price we paid so now I am upset over this but am not letting ruin my anniversary so we fill the tub just to find out only half the jets work I must say for the price it is not worth it I could have had just a nice as room for at least $150:00 or more cheaper so no I will not recommend this any more to anyone we own a business and can only get away for short weekends and what a disappointment this was

Room Tip: Not here penthouse room 12
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Niccie69

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Wonderful weekend stay. The location is fantastic. You are right on the bay, the perfect setting for unbelievable sunsets each night. Fager's Island restaurant/bar/night club are right there in walking distance and cater's to all types of people. The rooms themselves are very well appointed and comfortable. A few minor details keep it from a perfect rating - but well worth a stay. For instance, you have a flatscreen television in your room - but not HDTV. Seems like a minor gripe but I feel like that takes away from the overall experience. I would definitely come back and would recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet relaxing place to stay in Ocean City.

Room Tip: I would choose a higher floor, you get a better view of the bay and sunsets.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jason E
New York
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Great place to relax and get away. This is definitely not a place for children - singles or adult couples. We didn't get our first or second room choice because we booked late, and were not disappointed in the room we had (No. 9). We were able to glance at a few others because the housekeeping staff was friendly and agreeable. The other 2 looked fine also. As we have not been to OC MD for a dozen or more years, this was the first trip without kids. There is nothing on Fager's Island but the 2 hotels and the restaurant. I expected a larger island to drive a bit on! Nonetheless, if you just want to unwind, a nice place. I chose this place because the weather in October can vary so much, and I wanted something waterfront that we could enjoy inside as well. Bed, ammenities, and cleanliness were great. I was glad there was not a desk in the room - this was more of a luxurious suite instead of a hotel. The fireplace was a nice touch to add to the ambiance, although it didn't produce heat. There was a fridge, sink, and nice countertop. The fridge had a few complimentary sodas and waters. Two downsides from our perspective: The tiled shower had no door or curtain, so if someone was sitting on the sofa, you might wish to not be exposed unless you are younger than 25 (LOL!). A little privacy would be nice. The 1st night we had the continental breakfast delivered, which was OK - grapes, a piece of coffee cake, and OJ. (Coffee, tea, and hot choc were already in the room). The 2nd night were grapes, OJ, and some not so great pound cake slices that we tossed. A nice muffin or donut from a bakery would have been so much more delicious and appreciated. I will do a separate review on the restaurant - but in summary, excellent food there. I discovered I no longer like the OC tourism street after street, but this place was isolated enough that I didn't notice it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor, which was one of the more private rooms over the water, I noticed that w...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fairreviewinny
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We celebrated our birthday kickoff weekend together at the Edge during Labor Day weekend. We stayed in the RIVIERA ROOM. Gorgeous!!!!! We highly recommend, and will probably request that one again when we come back.

Our room was on the first floor and right near the Bay. In the afternoons into the evening we'd sit on our little porch area with some champagne we bought down the street and watch the sunset while listening to the music. Thanks to the floor to ceiling windows, we could be in bed or even taking a shower in the afternoon and still be able to bathe in the afternoon light.

The Fager's Island Restaurant was also conveniently nearby, so we could easily get breakfast or enjoy a nice dinner. But there are also a number of other great places to get a drink or a good meal along Coastal Road.

We even tried the swimming pool there and had a great time. It started raining and got a little dreary, and so we ended up the only ones there, but the water was warm and oh so comfortable! And the pool itself was set up to look like a beach. It was an interesting experience swimming there with the bay right next door.

And should i mention the Jacuzzi in the room? really nice :) It's right next door to the window so you feel like you're on the bay. And the bed was just super comfy as well.

John the night keeper was a real darling and Marie was just as nice.

Room Tip: Get the Riviera Room. And bring your own champagne or wine to enjoy the afternoon sunset.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Angela A
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The rooms are immaculate. The attention to detail was unbelievable. Every night the room was turned down candles were lit, lights were dimmed and fire was going. Bedding was high end quality. The room was immaculate. the view was beautiful and the front wall is all glass you can sit in the sitting room or lay in bed and watch the gorgeous sunset. Patios are private and every night fresh fruit with coffee cake is delivered to the room for a continental breakfast in the morning. Staff is very pleasant and helpful. Would recommend this to anyone. The food in the dining room is top quality although a little pricey but well worth it.

Room Tip: choose the Edge over the lighthouse rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Joanne H
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This was our first getaway to Ocean City in almost 15 years. We usually stay in Rehobeth or Bethany. We decided to stay here because the rooms looked nice and we always loved Fagers. While the room was beautifully appointed.. There were a couple of shortcomings to give it a perfect score. The lighting in the bathroom was nonexistent. There were almost no drawers to put your clothes away only a closet and two small drawers, luckily we were only there for a couple days and kept our clothes in our suitcase. Plus, the porch overlooking the bay was so tiny it felt a little cramped with two people sitting out there with coffee or cocktails. We were told no children were allowed at the pool by the rude woman at the front desk and there were small children playing in the pool and no one there to monitor what was going on. And speaking of the rude woman... we were greeted by a woman at the front desk who immediately asked for the remainder of our deposit before anything else. it was a little strange. she was not friendly and only marginally helpful when we asked any questions. We have stayed at many five star hotels and always the staff is accommodating and accessible. This was not the case here. In fact, the checkin process is in another building all together and we ran into others who drove up to the hotel and could not find where to check in. I called to make the reservation and was never told where to check in at that time only found out when we called the hotel and couldn't figure out where it was on our way there. You do not drive up the same road as Fagers.

Room Tip: There is no fitness area or spa and it is a long walk to the beach.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Dziner27
Smyrna, Delaware, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I booked a room at the Edge @ Fager's Island for a couple of nights to celebrate our 30 year wedding anniversary. We had never been to this hotel, but it looked like a nice place from the pictures on their website. I called and made the reservation and the lady on the phone was very pleasant & helpful. When we arrived in O.C., we did have a hard time finding the place. But, once we found it, we were pleasantly surprised. The staff @ check-in was great! They took us to our room, which was Room #9. Incredible view & decor. There was a heart-shaped whirlpool tub, fireplace, and balcony where we ate our complimentary breakfast every morning. We are planning on going back to O.C. again this summer & will definitely stay at The Edge again! It was awesome!

Room Tip: Room #9 is on the 2nd floor. It faces the bay & has a great view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple