“Great location, beautiful sunsets”
Review of The Edge

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Edge
Ranked #50 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great location, beautiful sunsets”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed in room 2. It was very clean. Nice heart-shaped Jacuzzi. Great for couples and romantic. Bed was comfy. Nice little patio overlooking the bay. Turn-down service was a nice touch. The sunlight will wake you in the a.m. though. Upper Windows are not treated. Lower Windows have blinds, but not curtains. Very private though. Shower is open, meaning no door or curtain. The room has a nice condo feel. And the bay view can't be beat. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mulkie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Abingdon, Maryland
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Went to the Edge for the first time. The service was great, rooms beautiful and view was unreal. Can't wait to go again. Never thought i would appreciate turn down service it just added to the whole atmosphere.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ken N
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The Edge is by far the best hotel in Ocean City, MD. Beautiful rooms with such an attention to detail. Every room has a fireplace and a luxurious hot tub. I have stayed in five or six different rooms to date and each one has been spectacular.

The staff is very friendly and goes out of their way to make you comfortable.

You really need to experience the sunset from the room as well as from Fager's Island next door. Both are perfect in their own way.

Great location in Ocean City, easy access to everything but being on the bay side means you can get away from the noise and craziness when you are ready to wind down.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms that are not above the pool.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Locals29
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This place was fabulous even in the middle of winter. We read all of the reviews and still had a hard time picking a room. We chose Room 1. Wow and double Wow. What a view! The Jacuzzi is more of a rectangle, which made it more comfortable for us. The queen bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The shower.... no words. The entire ambiance, staff, details... so perfect. I especially loved the turn-down service which included Godiva chocolates. They even have real glasses for your use (hot beverage, champagne flutes and water glasses. The fireplace, while electric, was just wonderful. The 20 feet vaulted ceiling. I cannot imagine any of the rooms are any better than this. The staff are so wonderful. And.... starting at 3pm every day they have fresh home made cookies at the lighthouse... There are not enough words to describe this experience... We chose a package which included an hour in room massage, champagne, lunch and dinner vouchers (at the Fagers Island Restaurant, and continental breakfast. Go... Treat yourself.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MonieB
virginia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I must say I read all the reviews before going so I knew we were going to enjoy this place. It definitely held up to it's fabulous reviews! We stayed in the Oriental Express room and it was wonderful! Gorgeous views! If you're coming across the bridge and looking at the hotel it's on the top left side to get an idea of the room's location. From check in to check out everything went smoothly! We are already planning our return trip! Check in was a breeze and there were fabulous white chocolate macadamia nut cookies just baked in the lounge area with a gorgeous fire in the fireplace! Went to Liquid Assets for dinner and I highly recommend it as well. If you have any questions, just ask :)

Room Tip: Love the Orient Express!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pixeegrl
Denton, Maryland
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Have been staying here for the past 13 years started at the lighthouse then to the edge I must say first our stays have always been wonderful the service has been superior been on our 11 th anniversary it was awful first we check in at about 6:15 pm John was great getting our luggage up to our room oh we had number 12 one of the penthouses the turn down service shows up and starts asking should we light candles I did not realize it was my job to tell them theirs then they nevered turned down on bed so I called to make sure the pillows were the ones I was supposed to use at this point they did ask to send turn down service back but I did decline I had already did it so I went out just in time to hear turn down being loud saying while I ask if there was anything else they wanted again I did nt know I had to ask for them to turn dwn our bed since I was told that was included in the price we paid so now I am upset over this but am not letting ruin my anniversary so we fill the tub just to find out only half the jets work I must say for the price it is not worth it I could have had just a nice as room for at least $150:00 or more cheaper so no I will not recommend this any more to anyone we own a business and can only get away for short weekends and what a disappointment this was

Room Tip: Not here penthouse room 12
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Niccie69
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Wonderful weekend stay. The location is fantastic. You are right on the bay, the perfect setting for unbelievable sunsets each night. Fager's Island restaurant/bar/night club are right there in walking distance and cater's to all types of people. The rooms themselves are very well appointed and comfortable. A few minor details keep it from a perfect rating - but well worth a stay. For instance, you have a flatscreen television in your room - but not HDTV. Seems like a minor gripe but I feel like that takes away from the overall experience. I would definitely come back and would recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet relaxing place to stay in Ocean City.

Room Tip: I would choose a higher floor, you get a better view of the bay and sunsets.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends