“This is a special place!”
Review of Lankford Hotel

Lankford Hotel
Ranked #21 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 13 November 2012

This is an amazing place to stay if you want a family friendly atmosphere and a truly relaxing place to stay. We have been coming back each year for the past 9 years and encouraging other family members to join us each year! We love the charm of this place, as well as, the warmth of Mary, Sara and their families. It's a quiet, cozy and quaint place to sit out on the porch and read, explore the little shops, grab some Boardwalk Fries or just throw you blanket on the beach and soak up the day! Our week at the Lankford is the highlight of our summer!

Room Tip: Sorry there is no pool...the oceanfront rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank allie1201

Reviewed 7 October 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last 15 or so. I love that it is right on the Boardwalk (8th st.) family run, and a clean, very affordable hotel. The only downside is, it is very dated. The rooms are very small and meek. Would love to see this hotel get a facelift. Don't get me wrong, I love the charm and the hospitality of this hotel. I will continue to stay here in years to come.

Room Tip: Try and get the ocean front room with the porch upstairs. It is nice to leave the windows open to h...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank doglover1972
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I have stayed at the Lankford many, many times!! The best word for this very old hotel is "quaint"!! If you are looking for luxury then you might want to look elsewhere...I do love being pampered at hotels but when I go to Ocean City I just want a place to sleep, without paying an arm and a leg, so I can just enjoy the beach...and this is what you have right out the door of the Lankford....the beach....

I am very picky about cleanliness and the Lankford definitely meets my expectations. The rooms are very small but again, they are fine for either my daughter and myself or my husband and myself...The beds are just ok. The one thing I wish they would upgrade are the comforters and the blankets....They aren't as nice as I would like...If you watch alot of tv while away, you might be dissappointed...the tv's are about a 13 inch I believe...we don't watch much tv at the beach therefore these tv's are absolutely fine for us...

I love the morning compimentary breakfast...the variety is small but sufficient for me. They have bagels, muffins, pastries, toast, coffee, and juices.

There are no elevators so be prepared to go up and down steps.. Again, this is not a problem for me and my family.

Sisters, Mary and Sara, are the owners... they are very accomodating and become like family when you go as often as I do....their children are always around being helpful as well....

The location is the best part of staying at the Lankford!!! It is located on the boardwalk, on 8th street....therefore, you literally walk out the front door, cross over the boards, and you are on the beach....I love that!!!

If you are looking for a place at the beach to visit often, without going bankrupt, the Lankford is the perfect place!! I come here many times thoughout the spring and summer seasons and I am NEVER DISSAPPOINTERD....

Room Tip: Ask for the newer renovated rooms in the HOTEL as they have white walls, which makes them brighter t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank ejjPortDeposit_MD
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Great place to relax in Ocean City. They have kept the Old Charm and that is rare.
The family that owns the hotel is great and they keep the rooms very clean.
Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the boardwalk, it is worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank fortlaud1212
Reviewed 22 September 2011

This is a family run hotel. It is right on the Boardwalk, cheap, and clean. Very friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Free, upgraded continental breakfast in mornings. I have stayed here many times, and will continue. Feels very safe, clean, and very affordable. No pool, and a little dated, but quaint. I would recomend The Lankford Hotel to anyone on a budget or with familys.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank doglover1972
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Family-owned, the Lankford Hotel is actually a series of five buildings with a range of options from standard hotel rooms to full apartments. The family that owns and runs it was there all the time, or so it seemed, and they were very helpful.
I stayed there Friday and Saturday of Labor Day weekend (the traditional end of the beach season), and the rates were surprisingly low.
I had a room for two nights. It was a bit on the smallish side and sparsely furnished (no desk), but clean and comfortable. There was a ceiling fan, which was nice, and the shower had a liquid-soap dispenser in it, which was also a nice touch.
A continental breakfast (toast, bagels, danishes, coffee, tea and juices) is included each morning.
Did I mention that it's right on the Ocean City boardwalk and steps away from the beach? And that it has a front porch and second-floor balcony overlooking the boardwalk from which you can watch the legions of passers-by?
On-site parking meant not having to feed the voracious Ocean City meters, and my car never left the lot the entire time I was there.
By the way, the hotel is 80-plus years old, so there's no elevator (at least not in the building I stayed in), and the free WiFi was only available in the lobby, but if those aren't issues for you, I can heartily recommend the Lankford.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Peter P
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This is the second year that some friends around the country have gathered at the Lankford. The rooms are small but clean and the air conditioning works and you have hot water. You don't go to Ocean City to hang out in your room. The location is right on the boardwalk and if you like to people watch either one of the porches is the place to be. The outside doors are closed at night and I've never slept in a quieter hotel The staff is very friendly and helpful. There are no elevators for the guests but the staff willingly brought our luggage up to our second floor suite. My friends and I will be going back again next year and hopefully many more to come.

Room Tip: Being that things are so basic you will need to bring your own hair dryer if needed.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family