“Perfect location and friendly staff”
Review of Lankford Hotel

Lankford Hotel
Ranked #17 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This place is lovely and only a short walk (10 feet tops) to the boardwalk and to many area restaurants. The hotel is older and has its quirks (nothing bad just like any other old home) but that is more then made up for with the helpful staff and location. You can do no better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank WGLASS
There are newer reviews for Lankford Hotel

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Well, I was nicely welcomed by an extremely friendly front desk staff to a family place that resembles a lot one those old and cozy beach houses. You see people sharing couches on the lobby, talking on commune balconies and all that right in front of Ocean City’s boardwalk.
I liked the ambiance a lot and the Internet speed was one the best I ever got in a hotel (and I was in the second floor). The room is tiny and the bed is only good for one. The bathroom is also very small (specially the shower area),but its clean.
Now, the things I think need improvement: A blackout would be a great replacement for those plastic blinds and a regular chair would be more useful to watch TV that that weird and uncomfortable one seat sofa (the feet are too short). Last but not least, come on guys a 14” TV?!.
Spite of all criticism I do recommend the Lankford.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FredBueno
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We decided to stay here after reading the wonderful reviews on this hotel as we have had it with the pricier and larger hotels on the boardwalk. (The past few years we paid higher room rates for amenities we did not need and then we were frequently awakened in the middle of the night to LOUD fire alarms forcing us to evacuate down the stairs-- the alarms were set off by teens with nothing else better to do!!!). Having a "2:30 AM curfew here was music to our ears. We were never disturbed by any other guests inside or outside the hotel.

This hotel is run and maintained the way it should be as I hear that these guests return year after year. Everything from start to finish made our stay sooo pleasant -- EASY access to the parking lot made packing and unpacking the car so easy. Access to the beach is wonderful as are boardwalk amenities. Having no elevators to wait for was a blessing for us we were only one flight up and we know how long some elevator waits can be in other hotels. The owners and staff always had a smile on their faces and were NEVER too busy to answer questions we had or to assist us in any way.

We chose a small room ocean front to save some money and it fit our needs. Even though the room was small we made the most of it knowing that we planned to spend the majority of our time outside.

All in all, we were EXTREMELY satisfied with our stay and will be back again next year!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Diane D
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I truly enjoyed our stay at The Lankford Hotel. The staff was friendly, the price was right and the location was perfect! The hotel is older, but the room was clean and we just used the room to sleep, so we didn't need anything fancy. The only complaint I have about the room was that the air conditioner was very loud and rattled a lot...I think it's on it's last leg. But it was a minor problem and really didn't bother us much...the room stayed very cool. I was surprised at how quiet the hotel was, we were never disturbed by loud guests during our stay. They also had complimentary bagels/toast/coffee/tea in the mornings which I thought was nice. Seemed very kid friendly (they even have a couple toys in the lobby). If we come back to Ocean City (and I hope we do!) I will definitely be choosing The Lankford Hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChelsH23
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Pros: The location was perfect as you are directly on the boardwalk and seemingly in the middle of everything. The hotel staff did a great job of cleaning the rooms and was very polite and helpful.

Cons: The room and bed was tiny (Lodge Side Room) and my wife and I had a hard time sleeping. The shower head needs to be replaced and it was hard to take a shower. Wifi hardly worked.

All in all my expirence may be slanted because my wife and I could have chosen a larger room but did not. If I were to revisit I would require a bigger room. The other issues I had (wifi and shower) are easily fixed and I believe will eventually get done.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David P
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Lankford Hotel represents what Ocean City is to so many people-a family place to enjoy the beach. We have been staying at the Lankford for 21 years, and love it! The owners and staff are so welcoming and helpful-they truly want you to enjoy your time in Ocean City. The Lankford Hotel has the best location on the boardwalk-you can park your car, and walk everywhere! We can't imagine staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: The rooms are all very clean-oceanfront is a bonus!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Maria B
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We recenlty visited the Lankford Hotel in Ocean City to attend our son's retirement from the Coast Guard. The hotel was excellent. Mary and her staff were superb. Location was wonderful. Thanks very much!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family