“I do recommend this hotel.”
Review of Hotel Monte Carlo

Hotel Monte Carlo
Ranked #75 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
St. Clair, PA
“I do recommend this hotel.”
Reviewed 12 April 2009

The stay was nice. Activities close to hotel. Quick walk to the boardwalk. Enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pool.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Jaxson2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Baltimore,Maryland
Reviewed 9 April 2009

Made reservations for March 13th & 14th,4 rooms.Had to cancel one room and was told I would have to pay the reservation fee (one nights stay) and I agreed. Checked in and was charged a higher rate than was quoted over the phone,ok we can live with that were here. A friend called me and wanted to come down for the weekend with his wife and I said great I had to cancel one of my rooms and that they could have it,just tell them at the desk when they arrive. The following day all 8 of us went out around 11:00 am and returned around 11:00 pm. The beds weren't made,no trash removal,no coffee for the morning,no clean towels and our heat had been turned off,it was cold. Called the front desk and was told they would address the problem in the morning. Next morning didn't hear a thing. We decided to stay another night but booked a room at another hotel. We were checking out and were told we owed an additional $148.00. We asked what for and could not get a reasonable explanation or an itemized bill explaining the extra charges. We asked to see the manager but he would not come down to the lobby he would only talk over the phone. My friend talked with Mr. Bowden the manager and could not get any straight answers from him. Mr. Bowden was rude and hung up the phone. We did pay the additional money only because they had my credit card number. The couple that had taken the cancelled room were told when they were checking out that they would have to pay an additional fine of $200.00 for smoking in their room. They were held up a half hour while the room was checked out by the smoking police I guess. Anyway they didn't have to pay the $200.00. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau with no results. Emailed the OC chamber of commerce,no response from them at all,so now I'm here venting. I have been to many hotels/motels and have never had any problems. If I were you I would stay far away from the MONTE CARLO HOTEL.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank mikesroadhouse
hotelmontecarlo, General Manager at Hotel Monte Carlo, responded to this review, 14 April 2009
We are saddened to hear this guest did not have an enjoyable time has he would of liked. At check in one room was cancelled and deposit forfeited per our hotel stated policy. We pride ourselves for the cleanliness of our hotel and correct any issues has they may arise. I am the manger this reviewer is referrring to and I did not at any point hang up on him. That is completely unprofessional and no one on my staff would do such a thing. We try at all cost to avoid such issues by stating our canceallation policy is 10 days prior to check in. We never change rates after a guest has reserverd a room. Please understand this reviewer has stated several untrue things against our property. Our guest are the most important people to us and their comfort and happiness are our main goal.

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

baltimore
Reviewed 6 April 2009

This was the first time in this hotel and it will definitely not be the last. The service and the room was great.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sasserbugs
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 March 2009

Nice location, Pool, Hot tub. Ugly rooms..one of our beds was broken (the legs near the feet were uneven/bent and felt like you can slide off of it in your sleep).
It's too expensive and the rooms can use a makeover/upgrade. It was clean so no bugs or anything like that. Not sure if I'll stay there again.
Oh and parking was a pain too..not enough spaces.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank hawkmp
Our rates for our hotel are the most economical of all hotels compareable to us in the downtown area. We offer more ammenities for less money than other properties near us. We have just replaced all the bedding in our hotel as well as new carpeting to give our guest the best quality and value for their money.
maryland
Reviewed 28 March 2009

this hotel is in the best location on the board walk you can walk just about anyware that you like. the hotel is clean and the staff is very pleasent and helpful. and the rates are just as good.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank fordman02
WALDORF, MARYLAND
Reviewed 26 March 2009

The Hotel Monte Carlo was so convenient. The location was great. We stayed at there while attending the Sand Duels Soccer Tournament. It was my second trip to Ocean City in 15 years. I was totally unfamiliar with the area. The staff was great in giving us guidance and recommendations. The hotel was nice, we had a great view and were very comfortable during our stay. I'll definitely go back this year.

• Stayed June 2008
2 Thank VICBELLET
bethlehem,pa.
Reviewed 24 March 2009

It was our first trip to Ocean City last year for the car cruise weekend. The Monte Carlo Hotel is in a prime location for all of the fiestivies of the weekend. Great room with an excellent view. Planning our return trip again this year. I'm sure our accomadations will exceed our expectations again.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends