“surprising”

Ranked #25 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
easton, md.
“surprising”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for two nights. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. My room was great, large and accommodating. They had just about everything anyone could want. A special shout out to Ross Whitman who made my stay special. Give him a raise!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Nanci R
carouselresort, Manager at Bonita Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear valued guest, thanks for choosing the Bonita Beach Hotel for your beach vacation! We have just started managing this hotel this year and look forward to a successful season with many happy customers. Ross is our property manager and he works extremely hard to makes sure your stay is one to remember. Thanks again for being our guest, we look forward to having you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Succasunna, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We decided to go to Springfest in Ocean City and tried to book in at the Carousel only to find there where no rooms in the house. They suggested one of their new locations that they took the helm of the Bonita Beach so we decided to give it a shot.
When we arrived at the property we where prepared with our drivers license ,credit card and aarp card Ross the property manager checked us in . It took less of 2 minutes and he explained that the Carousel Group had taken over and they where in they where doing a lot of TLC. During our four day stay Hutch from maintance was always about.
When we entered our room it was spotless and large with 2 queen beds a pull out couch. The kitchen area contained a full size refrigerator ,microwave and coffee maker .The kitchen had dishes and cups and even paper towels and dish soap. The bathroom is large with a 5 ft vanity well lit with a large mirror.
The location of the Hotel which is really a motel is on the beach block and you can get your feet into the sand in less than 2 minutes it also has a nice indoor pool with a sundeck and a play room with ping pong table and coin operated games.
While I missed the Carousel I would definitely book at the Bonita again because per square foot you get a lot bang for the buck in a midtown location close walking distance from food and drink .
While this may sound like kind of bias it is because Ross and his staff are dedicated to make our stay a wonderful time. We where not the only ones everyone with even large families of 6 in a room where pleased and the kids had a good time.

Room Tip: Higher floors closer to the beach
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank marc s
carouselresort, Manager at Bonita Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear valued guest, thanks for your great review! We have the best management team in Ocean City and are truly excited to show off this beautiful property! The Carousel Group has done a beautiful job hiring staff and preparing this great hotel for the Summer of 2013. Thanks again for being our guest, we can't wait to have you as our guest again!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Wanted to escape PA for a weekend and hit the beach before the summer crowds. We took a chance on this place and really liked it. Friendly staff, clean rooms. It's not the closest to Seacrets, but it's a quick ride on the bus. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bob B
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for the great review! The hump seasons are often a wonderful time to visit Ocean City considering the great rates, mild weather and town occupancy. We are only a short bus ride away from everything in Ocean City! Thanks again for being our guest, stay tuned for great Summer rates. We cannot wait to have you again in the future!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My partner and I traveled to Ocean City just about a month ago for some r&r. We don't stray outside of Baltimore very often, so we were very excited to spend a weekend at the beach. I booked us at Bonita Beach mostly because we liked the name and the pictures online made it out to be a nice place. Well, I'll tell you this much...we couldn't have been happier.

The staff members at the front desk were all friendly and accommodating. The manager was energetic, animated, and enthusiastic. They were able to answer any questions we had about the town and even booked us a cab one night!

Our room was beautiful. It was extremely clean and had a wonderful view of the ocean. There was a full kitchen equipped with a refrigerator microwave, and a coffee maker. The beds were very comfortable, as well.

The place is in a great location. Tons of places to eat and drink all within a few blocks and just a short cab or bus ride to the Boardwalk.

Overall, we had a great time and will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Omar L
Dear valued guest, thanks for the great review! Our management team is the best in Ocean City. Bonita is at a great location, close to the beach right in the heart of Mid-Town Ocean City. Be sure to stay tuned for more great rates! We cannot wait to have you as our guest again, thank you so much for the great review!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I am a part time musician so I travel a lot on the weekends and have stayed at a lot of hotels. For its price, Bonita Beach Hotel was a great place to stay. I chose to stay there because it was close to the bar I was performing at not knowing anything about it. The rooms were really spacious, the staff was friendly and helpful. My band mate and I made great use of the pool and game room since it was the off-season and the weather was not so great. I am definitely going to stay at Bonita Beach for any other Ocean City trips.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Taylor T
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for your review! We are so happy you had a chance to make good use of the pool! We hope you had a chance to play some ping pong and win a prize from the crane game. We pride ourselves on exceptional accommodations and great hospitality with a smile. We can't wait to have you as our guest, and swim in our great pool once more. Thanks again for the review!
Westmister
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We visit OC quite a bit, especially in the “off” season and I was looking for a change from the usual hotels we visit. We had never stayed at this hotel and so I researched it here.

I read the bad reviews but noted there were responses to each of the bad reviews making the point that there was new management by Carousel. Thinking I knew their reputation I ignored the bad reviews and booked the hotel. I wished I hadn’t.

The staff was nice and the hotel itself appears very nice and presents as very clean. The problem were the beds. They were the worst. The queen mattresses in our room were very uncomfortable and my own guess is that they have not been upgraded/changed in a very, very, very long time. They are completely worn and extremely uncomfortable.

It was windy the first night we were there and the slider to the balcony made it sound like a train was coming through the room. We assumed that it was only because of the very windy conditions that evening. I was wrong, the next evening was nice but the sound of the wind in the slider was the same. I know it was the slider because when I opened it slightly, maybe 1-2 inches, the noise stopped.

I guess it will just take a while until the Carousel Group gets this hotel updated, but for me, I’ll pass on this hotel the next time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank racer705020
carouselresort, Manager at Bonita Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear concerned guest, we thank you for your review and thank you for your stay. We do apologize for your discomfort, we would have been happy to move your room if this issue had been brought to the attention of one of our skilled staff members. The hotel was built in 1998 and is one of the newer hotels in Ocean City, MD. The sliders still have many years of life left, but it sounds as though the seal may have been loose on your sliding glass door. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we are giving carefully attending to these details as they arise. We do kindly thank you for your valued business and ask that you stay in one of our great hotels again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Reviewed 9 April 2013

The front desk staff was very courteous upon check-in and throughout our stay. From our balcony we had a nice ocean view and very close walk to the beach. Our kids loved the indoor pool. Plenty of stuff within a few blocks for eating and activities for the family.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank aash333
carouselresort, Manager at Bonita Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear valued guest, thanks so much for the great review, we are so happy that you and your family had a great Ocean City vacation! The Carousel Group just started manageming this hotel. The Bonita Beach Hotel is just steps from the beach, great attractions and has a great indoor pool attached to a sundeck and gameroom. We can't wait to have you as our guest once more, thank you again for the great review!