“Great off the Boardwalk hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bonita Beach Hotel

Bonita Beach Hotel
Ranked #26 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Schuylkill Haven, PA
“Great off the Boardwalk hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We booked this hotel for a quick last minute get away, I was very pleased with it. The indoor pool was great there was a nice deck to sit out on. The room was very large, 2 beds and a sofa bed. microwave, refridgator and small kitchette. would def stay here again

Room Tip: covered parking
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank millie516
carouselresort, General Manager at Bonita Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
millie516,

Thank you for choosing the Bonita Beach Hotel for your vacation destination. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of what the Carousel Group has to offer. For staying with one of the five Carousel Group properties, you are able to take advantage of the FREE ice shows, the FREE movies on the beach, as well as a 10% dining discount for any food purchase at the Carousel Hotel. We hope you are having a fun and safe summer!

Ross F. Whitman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

this hotel is midtown Ocean city. The is no breakfast of dining available here. The room was beautiful, clean and freshly painted. the ladies on reception were informed and helpful. the housekeeping was scanty, once during our stay the sheets were changed and the floor was not hoovered. Even had security knock on our door 2am thing she saw people coming into our room with pot. she was quite agitated as it took me some time to remove cpap machine in order to answer the door. We had to check with reception the next day as to the reason for this middle of the rousing.

Therese B,

We are happy to see that you enjoyed your room. As you noted, we are a midtown hotel so it makes our hotel conveniently located within ALL attractions in Ocean City, Md. I do apologize for security knocking on your door in the middle of the night and waking you up. We hope you're having a great summer!
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have stayed at the Bonita Beach Hotel before and have always liked it. The décor is very nice, it's bright, sunny and cheerful and is one of the reason I keep going back to the Bonita. On my recent trip at the end of April 2014 I was extremely pleased with the front desk lady who checked me in Kerryann. Kerryann is an excellent employee who they need more employees like her. She is very knowledgeable and professional. The other employee I dealt with was the maintenance man Hutch. He is a wonderful employee who was very helpful and took care of my issue in a very timely matter. They need more employees like him. The maid service left a little to be desired. During my time they the hotel was quite empty and one day I did not receive any maid service at all. On 2 days the guess dirty towels and trash bags were left in the hall at the end of the maids' shift. I was told they were spoken to about that issue. I would defiantly recommend the Bonita Beach hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Rona L,

Thank you for choosing the Bonita Beach Hotel for your Ocean City, MD vacation. I am personally happy to see that my front desk supervisor as well as my maintenance supervisor were able to provide exceptional service to you and your family. We take great pride in providing the best experience for our guest who are spending their hard earned money to come here and relax. As far as the housekeeping goes, I do apologize for your less than stellar service and I have brought this to my housekeeping managers attention. We can't wait to see you again next summer.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean overall and the women at the front desk was very nice and knowledgeable. The pool was very nice, and we had 2 Queen beds and also a pull out bed in our room. The downside was it was very pricey and the location is very far from the main boardwalk. Overall the stay was great, clean, and the room was spacious. I did love the full size refrigerator! Also, the kitchen had clean dishes and silver ware to use. I really did enjoy my stay, and if it wasn't for the location.. I would def stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ashley U,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Bonita Beach Hotel. We are one of few hotels that offer a full size fridge as well as silverware for your kitchenette. Though we are not on the boardwalk we are within a five minute drive of the boardwalk. The nice thing about the Bonita Beach hotel is we are located smack dab in the middle of Ocean City so we are a reasonable distance from any attraction. We hope you're having a great summer!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Recently chose the Bonita Beach hotel due to it's proximity to other family members accommodations. Pro: rooms are clean, indoor pool was a nice feature, relatively quiet.
I wouldn't complain if the hotel was priced reasonably - because it was the weekend, it was very overpriced for the quality of hotel. Rooms have not been updated in many, many years - this includes thread bare towel, carpet in desperate need of replacing, wallpaper curling off the walls. Paid a little extra for a premium view and we were 1 room off the street looking at the parking lot. The only saving grace is that the room was clean.

1 Thank cync3
cync3,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. At our hotel we offer what we feel is an affordable clean room, close to the beach. If you compare our hotel to other hotels in the area, you will see the value in it. A few things that add value to our hotel are the FREE ice shows, the FREE movies on the beach, as well as the 10% dining discount for any food purchase at the Carousel Hotel. We hope that you will give us another chance when you take another vacation in beautiful Ocean City, MD.

Huntington, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I recently traveled for the first time to Ocean City, MD. I stayed at your hotel on May 31 and checked out on June 2, 2014. The room was very nice and clean and the staff at the front desk was friendly.
The biggest complaint I have is that the Maid Service on June 1, 2014 was dismal. When we got back to the room after a long day of fishing the only thing that was done was the Bed was made.
There were still towels and wash cloths in the floor in the bathroom. Now I know that you dont need to replace towels on the rack but hey come on. All this was laying on the floor and never picked up. I certainly wasn't going to use them after laying on the floor.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Don S
Don S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize for your experience with our maid service. At that point we were in the process of training our new housekeeping staff and I can assure you that this review helped with that process. We hope to see you again next summer!

Havre de Grace, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during the spring car cruise weekend, we booked the hotel 3 months before the event and told the lady that we want a street view, she told us that she'll try her best. So we got there and checked in, they gave us a room on the second floor, very back, other side from the street that we requested, with a GREAT parking lot view. The room looks dirty. We've never been so disappointed in a hotel. So we called the front desk and told them about it. They gave us another room, 5th floor with the same great parking lot view. They have a big room with a full size fridge. But the housekeeping never cleaned our room during our stay, but they keep refilling new towels and washcloths. They are a short walk to the beach which is a good thing. Other reviews are right about the pool, its a little dirty, you can see the sands settling at the bottom, and there's too much chlorine that as soon as you get in the game room you can smell chlorine from the pool area. We go to ocean city annually for the car cruise weekend and usually stay in a certain hotel every year, but We tried this hotel because of web reviews but it was a big mistake to give it a try, will never go back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jerbbi
jerbbi,

I am very sorry to hear about your less than stellar stay. As you can imagine during the cruiser weekend we get many request to be as close to Coastal Highway as possible. As far as the cleanliness goes, I find it unacceptable that the room was not cleaned up to our standards. I have brought this review up in my weekly meeting with my staff and hope that you will give us another chance. We hope to see you this October for the Fall Cruiser Weekend.

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels