“girls getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
baltimore,md
“girls getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2009

My best friend and I went down to OC last weekend. We are both 30 years old and I am a nurse. After reading the reviews, I was hesitant about staying here. We decided to give it a try and were pleasantly surprised. The front desk was very accomodating and allowed us to check in three hours early. I did my bedbug check with the matresses and there were none. The room was spacious, the shower had great HOT water and the view was fabulous for what we payed. The pool was clean and there were NO kids. The lobby onb the thrid floor was bright and cheerful. We learned to not always follow the negative reviews. Our glass is always half full....

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank chrissyp0303

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Philly
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2009

I just called the Bonita to change my reservation from Friday and Saturday to just Saturday. The lady abrublty told me that because I was going from two nights to one that my rate for the one night would have to increase. I don't believe it. It's not even peak season yet! So I just cancel the reservation. My girlfriend and I planned a simple quick getaway to OC. Nothing complicated. I refused to paid an extra $20 for a room just because we are unable to stay two nights. We will take our chance and just drive around to hotels/motels once we get there. Your lost Bonita Beach.

Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

ocean city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2009

well it was a surprise from my boyfriend, we live here in ocean city and everytime we passed by it i would say to him how beautiful it looked, well on our 2 month anniversary he took me there, when i went in front desk was very poite, we got in to the room, very nice bathroom, clean white towels, clean kitchen, i loved the king sizebed, i loved everything i will definetly come back once i get a chance, i work as a front desk clerk here in oceancity and my boyfriend works as a housemen we know how he hotel busins is and we knw how hard everyone works, it just so happens that there are many nasy people out there that are never satisfied with anything

• Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank manz88
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2009

Booked at this hotel because of the great room rates and description. Three out of the four of us staying at this hotel ended up with a rash from bed bugs/dust mites. Had to go to the doctors for treatment. The room was dirty and the beds and linens were also not clean. This hotel needs to be inspected and steps should be taken to renovate the hotel rooms with new beds, bed linens, etc. and get new management and maid service that will actually take care of seeing that these problems do not occur again!
This was a horrible experience for me and my family!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ADCPennsylvania
Baltimore, MD
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2008

The Price was right, the DRAWINGS looked good, we could use an efficiency, the location was ok, the reviews were meh. So we booked for our last 3 days in OC this summer. My spouse's boss was nice enough to let us stay at his North Bethany beach house for the first 2 days otherwise we would have rented a condo. First off...don't let the Bonita's drawings on their website confuse you, this is a motel. The lobby is depicted to be large, it is tiny. The "atrium" looks big, it is really just a shaft that goes up between floors, and on the lowest level is filled with a couple of couches and fake palms. The pool was ok, but full of sand, and the view was a sliver of ocean, while dodging cigarette butts, and trash thrown from other balconies. The front desk staff unprofessional, their ethic seemed "family" and not in the good way. They had a dog behind the counter, and respond with just a minute when it was obvious that they were doing nothing more important than surfing the web or emailing. The "gentleman" behind the desk thought I would enjoy an off color comment about a guest who inquired about the hours of the dunkin donuts across the street "Not needing any donuts" and proceeded to enlighten me about his own weight loss. Yeah ok... This hotel uses immigrant kids (teen and early 20's) from former block countries and Russia, they are nice kids, but not great cleaners. Our bathroom was spot cleaned not fully cleaned. There was splatter on the wall in the open closet (across from the little kitchen) the rugs were fairly nasty throughout. The fridge was spotless. The included dishes cleanliness was suspect at best. 2 out 5 times that I left by way of the lobby the woman who worked the counter was in a heated argument with a guest about something. To top everything off, on our last night the fire alarm went off at 3am, we scooped up my 3 year old and my 7 year old was already awake and went outside awaiting the fire department. I'm a professional photographer, so I grabbed my camera (of course). The fire department came and talked to the clueless front desk night teen (maybe 20 something), and after a 40 minutes of standing outside the kid unconvincingly and without explanation told us it was "ok" to go back in. YAY!

• Liked — Fridge
  • Disliked — Dirty
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank JKontheroad
Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2008

The hotel's website is very deceptive. The rooms are not what most travelers would consider "suites."

The hotel is somewhat dirty and run down (peeling wall paper, dirty pool, leaking roof in the bathroom at the pool area, broken equipment in the exercise room), etc.

There are definitely better hotels in the area that cost less money...I would not recommend this place.

• Liked — Location was somewhat convenient and we could see the ocean from the balcony of our room.
  • Disliked — Dirty pool, sheets that were way too small for the bed.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MarylandRoadtripper
carouselresort, Manager at Bonita Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Dear valued guest, we do apologies for your less than adequate stay at the Bonita Beach Hotel. You will be happy to know that the property has gone under the new management of The Carousel Group. We have had great success in hospitality management and strive for nothing less than excellence. We know your experience was less than satisfactory and we promise we are doing everything we can to make sure your next experience will not be your last.

We are making a lot of great upgrades to the hotel as well as adding staff members to help with everyday operations and positive customer experience. Thanks again for staying with the Bonita Beach Hotel in Ocean City, we look forward to having you again in the future.
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2008

Rooms are huge. This is a great stay at the Beach. Newer hotel. Very clean, very nice. Will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TBDPa