“A review to read!”
Review of Bonita Beach Hotel

Bonita Beach Hotel
Ranked #19 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 29 May 2009

Not quite sure what all the fuss is about with all the other reviews. My husband and I are in our late 20's early 30's. The hotel was fine! If your looking for a 5 star hotel as some people stated below ha ha then dont stay in ocean city!! Compared to other trash hotels we have stayed at this hotel was fine!! The lady at the front was very nice to us and even chatted with us about her dog. We asked for coffee they were accomadating. At one point our door was stuck and our key wasn't working properly it took them one minute to get it resolved. The sheets were clean the room and everythin g else was clean so I am not sure if people just had a bad experince but my husband and I would def. stay here again! (ps there were no bed bugs possibly people leaving the bad reviews could be their competition) The full fridge was also nice!! There were zero kids!!

1  Thank garlor05
carouselresort, Manager at Bonita Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear valued guest, thanks for your great review. The Bonita Beach property has gone under new management of The Carousel Group. We have had great success in hospitality management and strive for nothing less than excellence.

We are making a lot of great upgrades to the hotel as well as adding staff members to help with everyday operations and positive customer experience. Thanks again for staying with the Bonita Beach Hotel in Ocean City, we look forward to having you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 May 2009

The hotel itself was ok - but the service from the front desk lady was outrageous!! I booked the trip online and she would not recognize the price that was confirmed online. We disputed the price even though I showed her my confirmation directly from the website. I am still in dispute because I want to be refunded the difference. If it wasn't memorial day weekend, I would have said forget it and tried to book another hotel, but vacancies were few and far between. I will never go back and do not recommend staying there. They don't know how to treat customers.

1  Thank Eclass215

Dear valued guest, we do apologies for your less than adequate stay at the Bonita Beach Hotel. You will be happy to know that the property has gone under the new management of The Carousel Group. We have had great success in hospitality management and strive for nothing less than excellence. We know your experience was less than satisfactory and we promise we are doing everything we can to make sure your next experience will not be your last.

Reviewed 25 May 2009

The hotel itself was fine but the service is why we will never return! Checking-in became an hour long ordeal. I was very disappointed and it was not worth the trouble at all. Save yourself time and money.

Reviewed 25 May 2009

My best friend and I went down to OC last weekend. We are both 30 years old and I am a nurse. After reading the reviews, I was hesitant about staying here. We decided to give it a try and were pleasantly surprised. The front desk was very accomodating and allowed us to check in three hours early. I did my bedbug check with the matresses and there were none. The room was spacious, the shower had great HOT water and the view was fabulous for what we payed. The pool was clean and there were NO kids. The lobby onb the thrid floor was bright and cheerful. We learned to not always follow the negative reviews. Our glass is always half full....

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank chrissyp0303
Reviewed 14 April 2009

I just called the Bonita to change my reservation from Friday and Saturday to just Saturday. The lady abrublty told me that because I was going from two nights to one that my rate for the one night would have to increase. I don't believe it. It's not even peak season yet! So I just cancel the reservation. My girlfriend and I planned a simple quick getaway to OC. Nothing complicated. I refused to paid an extra $20 for a room just because we are unable to stay two nights. We will take our chance and just drive around to hotels/motels once we get there. Your lost Bonita Beach.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2009

well it was a surprise from my boyfriend, we live here in ocean city and everytime we passed by it i would say to him how beautiful it looked, well on our 2 month anniversary he took me there, when i went in front desk was very poite, we got in to the room, very nice bathroom, clean white towels, clean kitchen, i loved the king sizebed, i loved everything i will definetly come back once i get a chance, i work as a front desk clerk here in oceancity and my boyfriend works as a housemen we know how he hotel busins is and we knw how hard everyone works, it just so happens that there are many nasy people out there that are never satisfied with anything

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank manz88
Reviewed 4 March 2009

Booked at this hotel because of the great room rates and description. Three out of the four of us staying at this hotel ended up with a rash from bed bugs/dust mites. Had to go to the doctors for treatment. The room was dirty and the beds and linens were also not clean. This hotel needs to be inspected and steps should be taken to renovate the hotel rooms with new beds, bed linens, etc. and get new management and maid service that will actually take care of seeing that these problems do not occur again!
This was a horrible experience for me and my family!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family