“would NOT recommend & will not stay here again”
Review of Bonita Beach Hotel

Bonita Beach Hotel
Ranked #25 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Maryland
“would NOT recommend & will not stay here again”
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Beds have extremely worn mattresses, sheets were dirty, toilet rim was black, and sleeper sofa sank two feet! The beds were so uncomfortable we left one day early and lost $200.00. They make you pay for entire stay up front and don't allow you to cancel even if unhappy. I would NOT recommend this to families especially with young children.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank momtohalfdozen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Manassas, VA
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Based on the mixed reviews, I was not sure what to expect. This is not a fancy hotel. However, it's quiet, very close to the beach, and has plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance. The boardwalk is about a 10 minute drive. The kids enjoyed the pool. My husband appreciated the free wireless connectivity. Price was good ($155/night) for a family of 5 and the room was spacious with 2 queens and a pull-out couch. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean. We had a partial view of the ocean which required leaning over the balcony and looking to the left. The front desk was a little gruff, but most requests were satisfied. Only negative was that we had requested adjoining rooms with another family at time of reservation. Upon check-in the adjoining rooms were not available. They neglected to tell us that securing adjoining rooms required that we book the two rooms on the same credit card. However, they put us side by side and we were able to talk across the balconies (yes they are that close). I would definitely go back again for a budget-conscious vacation.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank beachtraveller5
Clark
Reviewed 7 August 2009

I too booked our reservations through Expedia and the price quoted was not honored. Not only that, The very rude woman at the front desk would not accept our cash when checking out. She stated that it was already charged to our credit card even before we checked out. Customer Service Sucked.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank AntiqueL0ver

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Detroit, MI
Reviewed 5 August 2009

We also stayed here because of our daughters dance competition in town. When we called and wanted to come in one day early, that was no problem, but when we found out our dance schedule finished one day earlier than expected, we were told sorry, policy did not allow early cancellations, so we paid one full day extra as we drove back to Michigan. That is fair enough, policy is policy. But when toward the end of our stay we got a call from our bank about overdrafts, and we found out why, we were very upset. I had put my deposit on my debit card, which was a charge for the first night of the stay. When I checked in, they took an imprint of that card but I prepaid the rest of our stay on my Visa Card. They assured me they were just taking an imprint of my debit card. They did charge my Visa $811 for the balance, but they also charged me that same amount on my debit card. The desk said that they realized that right away and issued a credit, but the bank of course placed a hold on that amount for 7 days. No one bothered to tell us, except our bank when some overdrafts hit. Even after this, they were not willing to at least waive half of the final day room cost.

The location itself we liked. It is on the beach side of the road, which is a big plus. The walk to the beach was no more than 2 or 3 minutes, and there was a nice water spicket/shower on the side of the hotel as you came back that you could use to get sand off of you.

Our room's balcony had a nice view of the ocean on one side and the bay on the other.

The room itself was nice, maybe a bit worn but the wear and tear on these rooms must be high,

The indoor pool was pretty murky, we only used it once. There was a nice sun deck that adjoined it.

Next time we will find a different hotel, life is just too short to come back to a place where customer service and making the customer happy just really isn't a concern.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank indyjim1969
ny
Reviewed 5 August 2009

i feel like i am having de ja vu reading the last review they did the same exact to my family, telling me how old my daugther is my daugther is 10 and the front desk kept calling my room asking how old she was. i checked out the next day i wasnt even there for 24 hours and they charged me 500 dollars. i was so upset i had to find another place to stay and i was with 4 kids under the age of 10 i do not reccomend this hotel to anyone. they have a dog running around the lobby which i am extremely allergic to, the drawers were all broken in the room my clothes i kept in my suitcase the bed linens were filthy when we asked for more towels they said you will get them tommorow they were extremely rude they made my daugther cry if i could have put a sign outside and tell people not to come in i would . they started to ruin my vacation and i missed my daugther dancing because i had to check out. whoever george is he is extremely rude and should probably get another job hopefuly not working with people. they also moniter everything you do. when i am on vacation i dont like having people knowing when i am going to the bathroom. stay away from the bonita beach hotel anyplace is better than here if i rented a tent on the beach and used a port o potty it would have been nicer and cleaner.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank nainas4kids
carouselresort, Manager at Bonita Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Dear valued guest, we do apologies for your less than adequate stay at the Bonita Beach Hotel. You will be happy to know that the property has gone under the new management of The Carousel Group. We have had great success in hospitality management and strive for nothing less than excellence. We know your experience was less than satisfactory and we promise we are doing everything we can to make sure your next experience will not be your last.

We are making a lot of great upgrades to the hotel as well as adding staff members to help with everyday operations and positive customer experience. Thanks again for staying with the Bonita Beach Hotel in Ocean City, we look forward to having you again in the future.
Philadelphia
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Just returned home from a stay at the Bonita Beach hotel. Everything was fantastic, and for the price I was extremely pleased. I have stayed in my share of dives and delights in OCMD, and this was definitely a delight! A+, will return ASAP!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank summermaui
Dear valued guest, thanks for your great review. The Bonita Beach property has gone under new management of The Carousel Group. We have had great success in hospitality management and strive for nothing less than excellence.

Maryland
Reviewed 23 July 2009

I made reservations with this hotel for my daughter's dance competition. We were orginally scheduled to stay at the Comfort Suites but later changed because we were able to stay at this hotel. We had stay at this hotel in the past and really enjoyed our stay and was looking forward to it again. I had even recommended this hotel to the studio that we belong to of almost 100 members. This time however was completely different. Not sure if managment has changed since the last time that I was there. The front desk staff is very rude after she asked my 14 year old niece how many were staying in our room and she would have to charge us to two additonal adults. When I came down to see what was going on she was very rude and said I sign paperwork stating that children older than 10 are considered adults but never gave a copy of the paperwork that points that out nor do they stress that at the time of check-in or if you make reservations on the phone. I was so angry at they way the owner stood in the lobby and allow his employee to speak to me that I check out that day. My niece was so upset she thought that she had ruined our vacation simply because she wanted to come at the last minute to celebrate her birthday!!!! The housekeeping is another reason to stay away. We received wash linens that were dingy and some still had makeup on them from pervious users one day we just used our own towels instead! I agree with some of the other writers that the cleaning services comes very late and there is water damage throughout the hotel. Also people who clearly do not stay at the hotel park in the spaces which are reserved for guest and walk over to the beach. Several years ago there were parking passes now there is none. Will never go back and neither will my studio! Too bad Bonita!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business