“Love this place, miss the old menu”

De Lazy Lizard Brew Pub
Ranked #147 of 440 Restaurants in Ocean City
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Lazy lizard is one of our favorite OC restaurants and we usually eat here at least twice on our multiple summer trips. I had waited all winter for the mahi sand which with wasabi sauce and my friend I dined with was anxiously awaiting her favorite wrap and when we looked at the new menu none of the lizards favorites were there this year. How disappointing!! Customers look forward to their favorites and we were very unhappy with the menu choice this past Memorial Day weekend. With that being said, I opted for the crabcake sandwich which was awesome but ask for the spicy orange sauce instead of the tarter to go with it because it is not served with a traditional remoulade sauce. Service is always excellent and lizard has the best drinks in OC. You will love the atmosphere! Please bring back customers favorites to the menu

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Went there for drinks two nights in a row, that's how much we liked it. They have 6 of their own brews, and many others on tap. I tried a flight of their non-IPA beers and my husband had both their IPAs. Pretty good beers for such a small operation. Service was great, Mike and Melanie were there both times and they were the best bartenders I've ever met.

Definitely looking forward to visiting the place during our next trip to OC.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

The Fish and chips was wonderful. The cold slaw was homemade and very creamy. The bartender was friendly and helpful. This is a nice sports bar and I would come again.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We were staying in Ocean City for a night in November on the way to Asseteague Island, but didn't realise how dead the city was in the off season. Luckily, we walked around and found the Lazy Lizard Brew Pub. We walked in and saw only three other customers. 5 minutes later, we were the only two customers there.

I've been in places in similar situations where on a dead night, all you get are excuses, eg "the kitchen is closed", the beer taps aren't working etc, because they just want to shoo you out. However, at the Lazy Lizard, we were treated to outstanding service despite the fact that the place was empty aside from us.

The barman was very friendly giving us a great experience in tasting the range of the beers they brew. The food was excellent (seared rare tuna and a burger), and they even cooked up some extra food later on despite having shut the kitchen as we stayed to watch the hockey. Despite (apparently) having a rough start opening up at the end of the high season this year, if the attitude and hospitality we experienced are anything to go by, this place will be rocking by next season.

As well as that, they are bringing out some of their beer in cans for distribution. Based on our night there, I will be keeping an eye out for it.

Will definitely be back if I am in Ocean City again.