“A New Local Favorite and a real value”

Alex's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #183 of 437 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Italian
New York City, New York
“A New Local Favorite and a real value”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I have enjoyed over 5 dinners at Alex's during the past three months. The food is very good and the value second to none. Alex's was formerly known as Osteria Fraschetti but changed names (but not owner) last year. I believe they did this to accent the Italian Cuisine angle as the area having a very small Italian population may not have identified the word Osteria with Italian dishes. We also had relatives to Alex's on one occasion and they enjoyed his Sunday evening Prime Rib special . We (along with many other locals) opt for his 13.95 three course dinner held on Monday thru Thursday. My wife has had the flounder francaise on three diffefrent occasions and I enjoy the rockfish filet. The entree comes with a well addressed salad and we always opt for mussel of clam appetizer. The room is welcoming and the server staff friendly.And don't forget the price is right.

1 Thank Peter S

Fenwick Island, Delaware
“Wonderful Italian food, nice friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We have dined at Alex’s in West OC on two different occasions, most recently on a Monday evening. Alex’s has very reasonably priced specials on Monday through Thursday nights. The specials include an appetizer, garden salad and the entrée.

On our first visit I ordered the lasagna and Crista had the chicken marsala. We enjoyed our dishes and the appetizers (Mussels and caprese salad) very much.

On our most recent visit, Shawna and I had the caprese salad as our appetizer. It was served with thinly sliced tomatoes and covered with soft mozzarella cheese,

Crista started with the mussels marinara. The marinara sauce was great for dipping homemade Italian bread into.

The salad was served family style. There was more than enough salad for the three of us.

Crista had the veal piccata for her main course. The veal was cooked perfectly for her taste. Shawna ordered the chicken picatta, which was very good. It was sautéed with capers, button, lemon and white wine sauce.

I ordered the penne alla vodka, which included Prosciutto, onion, vodka, cream and a light tomato sauce.

The food was very good and the service was excellent. We recommend Alex’s, especially on a weeknight, when you can take advantage of their specials.

1 Thank hoopscoach-dmar
Bel Air, Maryland
“Menza - Menza”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

In Italian menza - menza means so - so and that about characterizes my family's last visit to Alex's. We arrived around 8 PM on a Friday (mid June) and there was no crowd or wait but it was still 15 minutes before our waitress arrived. Since it was late and we had our 3-year old in tow we dispensed with the appetizers and went straight for the main course. Bread and salad is served family style, i.e. one big bowl for the table. The salad wasn't much, mostly lettuce and nothing else dressed with creamy Italian dressing, very basic. The bread was freshly baked and good.

(Descriptions/Prices are from the menu on line) The daughter and 3-year old son had the "Fettuccine Alfredo - Egg noodle pasta tossed with original Italian Alfredo sauce $15". The daughter mentioned that the Alfredo lacked the usual consistency and Parmesan flavor of most Alfredos she has had in the past and tasted more like buttered noodles. The 3-year old scarfed his down without complaint - which is actually a complement for him. The wife had the "Linguine alle Vongole - Succulent whole baby clams sautéed with garlic in red or white sauce $17". The clams were good but the red sauce was way too runny and she ended up wearing more than she ate - it was way too watery. And I had the "Scaloppine alla Carmine - Succulent veal scaloppine sautèed with Italian Gorgonzola and walnuts in a light cream sauce $19". It was a departure from what I normally order but I found it soundly made and tasty. It came with a side of pasta. The meal was a bit pricey for what it was - but they do offer more reasonably priced early bird specials.

The wine was perhaps the best part of the meal - we had a bottle of Italian Sangiovese and at $22 it displayed strong fruit characteristics and was very flavorful and an exceptional (restaurant priced) value. Over all the meal was just, as the Italians say, menze - menze.

york, PA
“best relaxing restaurant”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stop at Alexs 3 or 4 times a year. The staff is very pleasant always willing to do what it takes to make sure you have a great time. The food is very good and the prices are the best in Ocean City. It is located in West Ocean City.

• Visited May 2014
Marathon, Florida
“Named changed and so did the meal”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Been here many times when it was the previous name. Always like it as I didn't have to fight the crowds in Ocean City.
Food and service used to be pretty good.
Caesar salad was soggy with way too much dressing
Pasta was excellent with a side of sausage
Veal was dry and had a strange taste.
The kitchen was horribly slow, I was by my self and the meal took over 2 hours!

• Visited May 2014