Our stay here was bittersweet. Amazing pool, spray ground pirate ship and shuttle. That was the sweet part of out stay. The room which was in the lodge was bitter. Our first and only complaint to the front desk was about the horrible mold smell in our room and what appeared to be throw up outside our room. They did make note of it and during one of our treks to the room with luggage there was a maid sitting next to it spraying what appeared to be water on it. Then she left never to return. The floor was never cleaned up so we avoided the area at all cost. After seeing that and realizing the maid staff doesn't care about cleanliness - I am guessing because there is no one following up on them- we did not complain about how filthy the bathroom was. There was buildup around the faucet that went into the sink every time it got wet. The shower tiles need to be tilexed desperately. And we found a fork under the table...hmmmm what else do they ignore then. For a family on a very tight budget this was a disappointing stay. I wish I could say the 3 amenities we did enjoy made up for it but it didn't come close. I think management and owners need to find a better way to ensure cleaning is being done properly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Year-round family resort offering affordable rates and packages surrounded by many free amenities creating a unique, fun, memorable vacation trip and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Francis Scott Key Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Francis Scott Key Family Hotel Ocean City
- Francis Scott Key Motel
- Francis Scott Key Hotel Ocean City Md