“my go to for ocean city”

Francis Scott Key Family Resort
Ranked #7 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Bangor, Pennsylvania
“my go to for ocean city”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

kids love the pool s and mini golf . adults will love clean rooms good beds and small kitchen.
have stayed a number of times always nice.teens love that they can get on bus to go to boardwalk. employees very kind and helpful laundry room on site next door to pool wash your clothes and swim we stayed in the new york i prefer the pennsylvania but then we are from pa.

2 Thank celestia l
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
We love our PA guests...Thanks for allowing the FSK to be your go to when traveling to OC!

Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My family and I just returned from our first trip to FSK. We had a great time! We stayed in a room with a kitchenette in the New York building. The room was nice and included anything we could need. I was surprised to find not only pots/pans, but also glass and dinnerware, utensils, and even dish soap. Really the only thing we needed to bring was a roll of paper towels. The indoor pool was a big hit for my 18 month old. I loved the free use of life vests and towels as well. Just an FYI, they do not allow innertubes or inflatables in the pool, so it's nice that they supply life vests instead. We had lunch at the Route 50 Diner located inside the hotel lobby. The service was great with good food and decent prices. Diner and hotel staff were very friendly (with the exception of one older shuttle driver, who was rude on several occasions). Overall the shuttle service is excellent. They run frequently and the ride from the resort to the beach is only 2-5 minutes, depending on traffic. Best of all, it's free! The resort is also close to a lot of great places to shop and eat. We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank DcmbrRose
Thank you for your honest comments. I will follow up on our bus driver...not acceptable! The life vests are a nice added peace of mind for our families!

SIncerely
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I chose FSK Family Resort for a last-minute trip with my youngest daughter who is 6. We had a great time! The price was reasonable, and the facilities were clean and well maintained. The room was a little old, but clean, but I saw renovations going on in other buildings, so they definitely maintain the property. We used both pools, the splash pirate ship, and the game room/arcade. The indoor pool was a nice amenity because it was rainy during our visit. We took advantage of the movie night in the main building, which was great (they provide the popcorn)! We ate in the adorable 50s style diner, which was also very nice. We didn't use the shuttle bus, but that's a nice benefit to offer families. The staff were personable and helpful. The only issues I had were how late the housekeeping was done in our room (after 3 p.m.; we had to leave to allow them to clean the room), and a spotty DVD player in the room (that they said they would address right away). Overall, a nice visit, and I would recommend FSK to other families with young children.

1 Thank Maggie M
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. The Rt 50 Diner has been a nice addition for our guests! The movie is always a nice way for families to unwind at the end of their day!

See you soon!
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2013

this place is so dirty, and the workers are so rude! The first day we got here there was blood stains on the sheets of one of our beds, and when we asked for new sheets they smelt so bad like smoke and still had stains on them. The frozen drinks are terrible, and the rooms are infested with flies. The second night my family was woken up by what sounded like a water fall in the bathroom.. Water from the upstairs toilet was pooring into our room.. When we asked someone to come look at it we were told " it has been leaking for 25 years, room service will come soon enough to clean up". I am so grossed out and can't wait to go home. This was the worst vacation I had ever been on. They also try to make as much money off of you as they can. You even have to pay for ice. NOONE STAY HERE

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank xocennababy101
Ouch! I tried to research this guest so I could respond directly. We did have an issue with a shower curtain the was left out and leaked downstairs. I can honestly say that our family business motto has never been to keep a known problem un-repaired. We are not perfect but when an issue happens I think we are on top of it. If the housekeeping was not up to par then that is all on us and I apologize. We have free ice in our lobby but we do charge 25 cents in out remote locations as our fishermen tend to wipe us out in the early morning. We believe in offering a value and all of our amenities are free . We never want a guest to feel such strong negative feelings. Had I or another manager been notifed if we couldn't reslove their issues we would have refunded their money and helped them make arrangements at another property. It is our goal for all families to have a great vacation if not here at another Ocean City Hotel.

I would be glad to speak to this poster directly.

800-213-0088
New Jersey, US
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed here in June 2013. Family of 5. Pools were great! Plenty of things for kids to do. Close to beach. Shuttle drops you off at boardwalk. You could walk to beach too. Will return the next time to O.C., MD.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
The shuttles are a wonderful amenity for our guests... We look forward to your next visit!

Cordova, Maryland
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is my second time staying here. What a wonderful family friendly place. My son and I enjoy it. Clean rooms, most comfortable mattresses, super nice staff. I love the fact that I can park my car and never have to drive while here, since the shuttle will take you back and forth to the beach.. The indoor pool is great, my favorite is the hot tub. The outdoor pool also has a hot tub and a tiki bar. There is a fishing pond (catch and release) where FSK supplies the rods and lures, put-put golf, corn hole, volleyball, pirate spray playground, indoor and outdoor pools, and free DVD and board game loans. Check in time is 3pm. but we got there about 11:30am and to my surprise were able to check in early. I just can't say enough nice things about this resort. They are always making improvements, and is a great get a way for anyone.

Room Tip: If you don't want to climb steps ask for a first floor or get a ranch room. I would guess the F...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
We love that you love the FSK! We are always trying to improve and we appreciate that your family has noticed. We know you have choices when choosing where to stay ...Thank you!

Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

With the two pools, water splash area and mini golf, the kids will be entertained when not at the beach.
We had a kitchenette which help save on food too. Would say its best for kids 10 and under, unless you don't mind lots of kids running around. We had a great and plan to return next year.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank D O
Our rooms with kitchens are always popular as you can spend less on food and more on Ocean City fun..or shopping! We will look forward to your next stay!