“Family Reunion”

Ranked #2 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Family Reunion”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My family and I just celebrate our family reunion, the entire process was easy, staff was very pleasant, and accommodating. Everyone had a really great time, location was excellent, there was more than enough for everyone, regardless of age, to do. Because of the shuttle bus services, there was no need for us to drive to the boardwalk, which made it easy to spend more time on the boardwalk, then having to be in traffic and look for parking. I am looking forward to another visit.

1 Thank family118715
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
I love seeing our family reunions gathering throughout the property. This year we had several groups with matching t-shirts and even some had family trees displaying their heritage! We hope your visit becomes a tradition!

Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I took my great-grand-daughter to Francis Scott Key Resort for two days. The weather was not great but we had a wonderful time. The room with the safe, mini refrigerator and two double beds was perfect for us. The indoor pool, putt-putt golf, movies each night provided opportunities for my Great Girl to make friends and have lots of fun.

We enjoyed eating at the Route 50 restaurant.

The staff is awesome!

We took the Greyhound bus down and the bus station is very close - a 3-5 minute walk to FSK.

We shall return.

Room Tip: If we had stayed longer, I would have needed a microwave with the kid. I liked being on the 2nd flo...
2 Thank clemanit
We love our comments from grandparents that are spending time with their grandchildren. We do have almost half of our guest rooms that have full kitchens for those longer stays.

Thanks for choosing the FSK

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My family visited Francis Scott Key Resort on a not-so-great weather weekend. Luckily, the indoor pool area was amazing so we didn't miss the beach or outdoor pool and splash areas too much. During peaks of sunshine, we took advantage of the basketball and volleyball areas and took the short, free shuttle to and from the boardwalk. And were in walking distance to the outlet mall and local restaurants. It's a great location and nice resort for families. I would have given a rating of 5 if the bathroom had been cleaner. But overall, it's a great place that I would gladly visit again.

1 Thank Nakita F
Thanks for taking your time to write. I have passed the comments over to our houskeeping manager and we will get that 5 next time! We are so please that your family was able to make some memories when the weather was not cooperating!

See you soon!

Johnstown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband & I joined by my son,daughter-in-law & grandchildren had a great time during our stay. We did go to the beach, but came back & swam at all the pools ( Indoor & outside) & played golf everyday. It was so nice to have the shuttles to the beach & not have to drive & have to find parking especially with little ones. The rooms were very clean & the staff went the extra mile & had towel "sculptures" on the beds.Totally enjoyed our stay!

1 Thank Kathy H
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
I am so pleased your family enjoyed their stay. The towel animals are a big hit! The shuttles are very convenient and a cost saving for our guests as well.

Hope we see you again

Annemarie DIckerson
new york
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My family recently stayed at the Francis Scott Key Resort and let me start by saying we did not want to leave. We went with my 2 boys ages 3 and 7. They loved all the amenities from the indoor/ outdoor pools to the spray ground pirate ship. For my husband and I, it was excellent because we were having a relaxing time by the bar right next to the outdoor pools where you can keep an eye on the kids. What we like best is that they had different activities to keep you busy right at the resort. If you chose to go outside you have a variety of restaurants and shopping outlet right across from the resort and small amusements park a block away from the resort. They also have RT 50 diner at the resort but they close by 3pm which was disappointing. Anyhow, did I mention they have a basketball and volleyball court along with playground. They also have miniature golf right next to the outdoor pool. Its countless things to enjoy. The only things I may suggest is updating the rooms a liitle bit. We stayed at the florida building and it needed some painting but room was CLEAN. I would also suggest a little more variety of food and drinks at the spray ground because we kept going to the outdoor pool to get things to eat and drink. I also would like to see a kids program I am not sure if they have this but I know other hotels in Maryland have a kids program. As this is a family resort they should also add live entertainment for the adults in the outdoor area that would be the ultimate. Overall, this was our first time at FSK resort and we had a fantastic time!! I will recommend this resort to other families. I also would like to know about specials because we originally rented for 4 days but had so much fun that we added another day and after that I heard that the extra night would be free online when you book 4 nights you get the 5th night free we didn't get that. Oh well Ill call and get this information clarified.

1 Thank Barb G
Thank you for such an informative review. We do have a wonderful 5 day stay package. When you check in on Sunday you pay for four nights and get the fifth night free. You do need to book in advance and it is called the Budge Special. We also offer 15% discounts if you stay 3 weekdays. And as always if you book online you save 10%!

You brought up some great suggestions! We are updating the bedspreads, blankets for 2014 along with several outdoor updates!

See you again soon...
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed 19 August 2013

1. They promised me a pull out bed and changed it without telling me and just refunded the price difference for the crappy room i got. My husband and I had to squeeze on a double bed with our toddler who bounces around in his sleep....so uncomfortable. our two older kids shared the other bed...the bathroom was dirty and the room had flies in it.

2. The front desk manager was very rude. She told me if I wasnt satisfied with my room after I asked why she changed my room...she said she can give me my money back and i can find somewhere else to stay.

3. They moved us to a different room the next day and there was no microwave in it...i had to go accross the road..literally..to use a microwave with a newborn I might add. And they knew I was coming with a new born.

4. They were doing construction early in the morning...i called the front desk and they said a railing broke so they cant stop..they had to fix it...so there goes my relaxation. The activities are crappy...nothing you cant do in your neighborhood. I would NEVER recommend this place to my worst enemy.

5 Thank Marlene A
When we are wrong we are wrong. I had the opportunity to speak with this guest and we did not handle their concerns properly. When she made her reservation we had overbooked the room type. Not in any way her fault but somehow we turned what was our mistake into her problem. Completely unacceptable. The maintenance issue that was needed was to repair the railing on the second floor was necesary for safety purposes and did cause noise but her other issues are all valid and on us.

We are looking forward to this guest returning and giving her the service that her family and all our families deserve.

Again I am thankful that I was able to speak with this guest and receive her concerns directly.

SIncerely
Smithsburg
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My family loves staying at the FSK Motel. They have everything. You can really relax and enjoy yourself and your kids. They have a great outdoor pool with poolside bar, a pirate ship spray ground, an indoor pool, putt putt, basketball & volleyball courts, playground and the shuttle to the boardwalk is awesome. There are many types of rooms to choose from basic hotel room to efficiencies to small cottage houses. Something for every taste. Its a lot like staying at a campground because of all the amenities and activities you can enjoy or just lounge with a drink and watch the kids play. The rooms are clean, comfy and the beds are great. We'll be back again and again.

1 Thank Paula P
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
We Luv that you luv the FSK. We are so blessed to have such loyal guests that we get to spend time with each year. We know that you have choices on where to vacation and we are so lucky that you have choosen us!