“Lots to do for the Children”

Francis Scott Key Family Resort
Ranked #7 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Pittsgrove, NJ
“Lots to do for the Children”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This was our third stay at the Francis Scott Resort. We made this a family getaway. We rented three rooms with full kitchens. Two of our daughters, their husbands and children joined us.

The Rooms: The rooms are spacious. There are two double beds and a full kitchen. It's worth the little extra to book these rooms. The house keeping staff was great. You will have plenty of towels and other supplies. Clean and comfortable rooms.

Activities: There is plenty to do- and all included in the price of the room. There is a playground, pirate splash park, mini golf, barbeque area, outdoor pool and a great indoor pool with a small water slide, perfect for young children.

Parking: There is plenty of parking. You may not be right in front of your room but it's a short walk to the rooms.

50's Diner: the 50's theme diner was great. The food is good and very reasonably priced. It's open for breakfast and lunch. very friendly and helpful staff.

Check-in: EASY and FAST. The staff was very helpful and supply you with the layout and information about the resort.

I like this location much better than being in Ocean City itself. If you bring a boat there is plenty of room to park it on the grounds. You feel very safe at this location. We were in the Florida building. It's far away from Route 50 and connects directly to the indoor pool building. The trip to the National park is only about ten miles. If you want to go to the Ocean City beach there is a free FSK shuttle that runs all day. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: Pick the Florida building for great rooms with full kitchens.
2 Thank jcs2100
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
What a great overview! Thank you. I especially loved the pictures of the Assateague ponies...what a treasure to have in our back yard!

Annemarie DIckerson
Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Last minute change of plans, thank God they still had rooms. It was just as cheap as the worse hotels and motels, yet a resort. They have plenty to do for the kids. Even though i had to pay for a horrible hotel and didn't get my money back, it was worth coming here. I don't see how there were vacant rooms, maybe people don't know about this place yet. I recommend it to all families, especially those with younger children.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank BatesFamilyTravels
We are so blessed to have so many people call the FSK their home away from home. Thank you! We are always striving to improve and give our families the experience they deserve. See ya next time!

Strasburg, Virginia
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We just returned from a 2 night stay at FSK and really expected it to be better than it was. I booked our room just days before our vacation and they could not accommodate me in the same room for two nights so I had to make separate reservations for each night and had to change from one room to another the next day (understandable) I just wished that they would have made more effort to get the other room ready for us before 3pm because with a family of 6 having to pack everything back into the car and tote it around with us all day was a real inconvenience. Our first night, when we pulled the bed from the sleeper sofa it was broken so I called the front desk and within 5 minutes someone was there to help us. They took that sofa sleeper out and brought us a brand new one (was very impressed with the response time). The next night we were in a room upstairs and loved the balcony that overlooked the spray park. My children enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools, and the free movie rentals. The only real complaints that I have is that they knew we were having to switch rooms and it would have been nice if they would have made the effort to get the other room ready for us sooner than 3 and no one ever called to even let me know it was ready. I had to call them and got into our new room around 4pm. The mini golf course needs some serious attention as well! The carpet on the course is coming up everywhere, large holes in it which causes the ball to go all over the place. My children were really looking forward to using this amenity but they were so disappointed they only used it once. The 50's diner was nice but the service was very slow and we had to ask for refills on coffee, they forgot half of the order and we had to ask for it before we got it. We only eat there once for breakfast because of the poor service. The people at the front desk were very pleasant and the lobby was very clean. Our rooms were clean and spacious and the beds were super comfy, they even give you a memory foam mattress topper for the pullout sleeper sofas! The game room needed attention as well, half of the games were not in operation (which was another amenity my children had looked forward to). We were expecting more than we got given the price we paid per night.

1 Thank hubbiespie
Thank you for your honest comments. I am sorry your room transfer did not go as smoothly as it should have. To be honest I believe our policy and housekeeping staff is usually one of the best in regards to how we handle check ins and moving rooms. We pre-register all guests as they arrive, contact housekeeping to move to the top of the que in that section and take the guest cell phone and call when completed. We even allow guests to use our amenities as early as 10am on check in and till 6pm on check out. Sometimes we do have a maintenance issue, carpet cleaning ect that can delay that procedure. I apologize for your delay. We did do minor repairs on the putt putt in June but each season it does take a hit. We will be doing repairs this winter for 2014 but we are planning a new pool where the existing outdoor pool is for 2015.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My family and I just celebrate our family reunion, the entire process was easy, staff was very pleasant, and accommodating. Everyone had a really great time, location was excellent, there was more than enough for everyone, regardless of age, to do. Because of the shuttle bus services, there was no need for us to drive to the boardwalk, which made it easy to spend more time on the boardwalk, then having to be in traffic and look for parking. I am looking forward to another visit.

1 Thank family118715
I love seeing our family reunions gathering throughout the property. This year we had several groups with matching t-shirts and even some had family trees displaying their heritage! We hope your visit becomes a tradition!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I took my great-grand-daughter to Francis Scott Key Resort for two days. The weather was not great but we had a wonderful time. The room with the safe, mini refrigerator and two double beds was perfect for us. The indoor pool, putt-putt golf, movies each night provided opportunities for my Great Girl to make friends and have lots of fun.

We enjoyed eating at the Route 50 restaurant.

The staff is awesome!

We took the Greyhound bus down and the bus station is very close - a 3-5 minute walk to FSK.

We shall return.

Room Tip: If we had stayed longer, I would have needed a microwave with the kid. I liked being on the 2nd flo...
2 Thank clemanit
We love our comments from grandparents that are spending time with their grandchildren. We do have almost half of our guest rooms that have full kitchens for those longer stays.

Thanks for choosing the FSK

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My family visited Francis Scott Key Resort on a not-so-great weather weekend. Luckily, the indoor pool area was amazing so we didn't miss the beach or outdoor pool and splash areas too much. During peaks of sunshine, we took advantage of the basketball and volleyball areas and took the short, free shuttle to and from the boardwalk. And were in walking distance to the outlet mall and local restaurants. It's a great location and nice resort for families. I would have given a rating of 5 if the bathroom had been cleaner. But overall, it's a great place that I would gladly visit again.

1 Thank Nakita F
Thanks for taking your time to write. I have passed the comments over to our houskeeping manager and we will get that 5 next time! We are so please that your family was able to make some memories when the weather was not cooperating!

See you soon!

Johnstown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband & I joined by my son,daughter-in-law & grandchildren had a great time during our stay. We did go to the beach, but came back & swam at all the pools ( Indoor & outside) & played golf everyday. It was so nice to have the shuttles to the beach & not have to drive & have to find parking especially with little ones. The rooms were very clean & the staff went the extra mile & had towel "sculptures" on the beds.Totally enjoyed our stay!

1 Thank Kathy H
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
I am so pleased your family enjoyed their stay. The towel animals are a big hit! The shuttles are very convenient and a cost saving for our guests as well.

Hope we see you again