“Return year after year”

Ranked #1 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Return year after year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

This was our 5th year a FSK, again we were met with courteous staff clean rooms! There is something for everyone to enjoy, spray grounds for the kids, outdoor pools and hot tubs, indoor pool with volleyball net and yet another hot tub!
This year we stayed in the Ohio building, (most of the times we have stayed in FL) Ohio was just as wonderful! Right in the middle of everything!
Shuttle buses are at the top of my list! Never a long wait! Bus drivers are just simply wonderful! Full of local information.
We stayed 5 days again this year however on the return home we have decided it is just not long enough! Next year the plan is for 7 days.
If you are looking for a place that provides lots for families to do this is it! Rooms are big enough and clean. Keep in mind it is not the Hilton. West OC has many things to do also without going into the boards.
I would personally recommend FSK to everyone looking for reasonable prices and clean accommodations. And tons of family activities!
Mini golf could use some attention but it served its purpose.
Thank you FSK for yet another wonderful summer vacation!

Room Tip: Ohio right in the middle of everything. Fl building is attached to the indoor pool.
1 Thank Dawn K
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thanks for your great review! We are making repairs on the putt putt when the season slows but we are prepping for a new pool in that area for 2015. We take your comments to heart and appreciate your business!

Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

What a great place only about a mile from the beach. Fabulous family focused amenities and customer service. Free shuttle to the boardwalk. I highly recommend this place for anyone with children. We will definitely be back!

2 Thank Enicholson20175
Thanks for your comments...I think we are a special little OC gem! We will look forward to your next visit!

South Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I've been going to Ocean City since I was in my teens. I've been staying at FSK for over 30 years! It gets better every year. It's always clean, the staff is very attentive and courteous. The shuttle is the greatest now that my kids are in their teens. They don't have to wait for us; they can just go to boardwalk.

1 Thank Lois F
We do have something for everyone. It is great to see people of all ages enjoying our amenities. Thank you for choosing the FSK!

Evesham, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We got home yesterday after staying at FSK from Sun-Sat (8/18-8/24). What a great place for our family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids-10.5, 8 & 3.5). There was something for us all! The room was clean, large (2 doubles & sofa bed), and bed bug free! My hubby works in that field & thoroughly inspected it. Our room backed to the pirate spray ground. My kids loved that! Only complaint about the room was that the coffee maker was a bit flimsy...it did the job though. When we discovered that our clock didn't work, maintenance had us a new one in about 5 minutes! The ice machines are a quarter except for the main building. Not sure why. Wasn't really an issue for us.

Our biggest thrill was the indoor pool! It allowed all of our kids to play w/ their varying levels of swimming skills. My oldest has autism and the employees were very understanding of his little "quirks". If you forget your child's swim vest, they have some you can use! Oh, the pool also has a handicapped chair/lift to help those w/ issues get into/out of the pool! The snack bar was a nice addition too. The arcade did have a few machines out of order but I'm sure they're working on it. The putt-putt was fun too. A few of the greens were pretty beaten up but we managed. You can also take out fishing poles to try your luck at the little lake. We only took a quick visit to the kiddie pool in the outdoor area b/c of our children's' differences. There are even movies in the main building in the lounge w/ popcorn. the kids got a kick out of that. The shuttle was great!!! Never more than a 5 min or so (think max was 10 but that could have been b/c i was waiting w/ 3 kids, lol) wait and they drop off close to the inlet/boardwalk. The drivers would even drop you off at your building.

My only real peeves were the wifi and the diner. There are 2 computers in the main building but we wanted to look things up from our iPad in the room. It's a wifi only and could only pick up a signal every once in awhile for maybe a minute or 2 at a time. If you have a smartphone w/ a data plan, this won't be a problem for you. The diner was disappointing. The portions were a little small for the prices and some of the quality was off (the home fries weren't so good). I had ordered a Cobb salad and it was missing the avocado, egg and cheese. All the waitress said was that they were out of avocados.....could have mentioned that after I placed my order so I had an option to pick something else. We did end up having breakfast there on Friday and it was a bit better but the home fries were still off.
With everything being said, we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend FSK and would stay again!

1 Thank Auntfeffie13
Thanks for taking your time to write. I will try and answer a couple of your concerns. We charge the quarter for ice in our remote machines (not in the lobby) as we have several guests that fish and our machines were getting wiped out of ice because they were filling their coolers early morning. The WIFI is an issue and we are working on the resolution as I type. Each year the load on the WIFI jumps triple digits. Not too long ago guests may travel with one lap top and check their email. We now have all family members traveling with ipads, iphones, nooks, kindles, laptops and even Xbox wanting to stream. As you can imagine alot of data is pushing through. The upgrade we are introducing for 2014 will not accomodate streaming for our guests but should allow for a much greater and controlled bandwidth.

I have passed the notes on the Diner to my husband as he is charge of that area.

We will learn and improve from your comments... thank you!

Annemarie DIckerson
Pittsgrove, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

This was our third stay at the Francis Scott Resort. We made this a family getaway. We rented three rooms with full kitchens. Two of our daughters, their husbands and children joined us.

The Rooms: The rooms are spacious. There are two double beds and a full kitchen. It's worth the little extra to book these rooms. The house keeping staff was great. You will have plenty of towels and other supplies. Clean and comfortable rooms.

Activities: There is plenty to do- and all included in the price of the room. There is a playground, pirate splash park, mini golf, barbeque area, outdoor pool and a great indoor pool with a small water slide, perfect for young children.

Parking: There is plenty of parking. You may not be right in front of your room but it's a short walk to the rooms.

50's Diner: the 50's theme diner was great. The food is good and very reasonably priced. It's open for breakfast and lunch. very friendly and helpful staff.

Check-in: EASY and FAST. The staff was very helpful and supply you with the layout and information about the resort.

I like this location much better than being in Ocean City itself. If you bring a boat there is plenty of room to park it on the grounds. You feel very safe at this location. We were in the Florida building. It's far away from Route 50 and connects directly to the indoor pool building. The trip to the National park is only about ten miles. If you want to go to the Ocean City beach there is a free FSK shuttle that runs all day. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: Pick the Florida building for great rooms with full kitchens.
2 Thank jcs2100
What a great overview! Thank you. I especially loved the pictures of the Assateague ponies...what a treasure to have in our back yard!

Annemarie DIckerson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Last minute change of plans, thank God they still had rooms. It was just as cheap as the worse hotels and motels, yet a resort. They have plenty to do for the kids. Even though i had to pay for a horrible hotel and didn't get my money back, it was worth coming here. I don't see how there were vacant rooms, maybe people don't know about this place yet. I recommend it to all families, especially those with younger children.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank BatesFamilyTravels
We are so blessed to have so many people call the FSK their home away from home. Thank you! We are always striving to improve and give our families the experience they deserve. See ya next time!

Strasburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We just returned from a 2 night stay at FSK and really expected it to be better than it was. I booked our room just days before our vacation and they could not accommodate me in the same room for two nights so I had to make separate reservations for each night and had to change from one room to another the next day (understandable) I just wished that they would have made more effort to get the other room ready for us before 3pm because with a family of 6 having to pack everything back into the car and tote it around with us all day was a real inconvenience. Our first night, when we pulled the bed from the sleeper sofa it was broken so I called the front desk and within 5 minutes someone was there to help us. They took that sofa sleeper out and brought us a brand new one (was very impressed with the response time). The next night we were in a room upstairs and loved the balcony that overlooked the spray park. My children enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools, and the free movie rentals. The only real complaints that I have is that they knew we were having to switch rooms and it would have been nice if they would have made the effort to get the other room ready for us sooner than 3 and no one ever called to even let me know it was ready. I had to call them and got into our new room around 4pm. The mini golf course needs some serious attention as well! The carpet on the course is coming up everywhere, large holes in it which causes the ball to go all over the place. My children were really looking forward to using this amenity but they were so disappointed they only used it once. The 50's diner was nice but the service was very slow and we had to ask for refills on coffee, they forgot half of the order and we had to ask for it before we got it. We only eat there once for breakfast because of the poor service. The people at the front desk were very pleasant and the lobby was very clean. Our rooms were clean and spacious and the beds were super comfy, they even give you a memory foam mattress topper for the pullout sleeper sofas! The game room needed attention as well, half of the games were not in operation (which was another amenity my children had looked forward to). We were expecting more than we got given the price we paid per night.

1 Thank hubbiespie
Thank you for your honest comments. I am sorry your room transfer did not go as smoothly as it should have. To be honest I believe our policy and housekeeping staff is usually one of the best in regards to how we handle check ins and moving rooms. We pre-register all guests as they arrive, contact housekeeping to move to the top of the que in that section and take the guest cell phone and call when completed. We even allow guests to use our amenities as early as 10am on check in and till 6pm on check out. Sometimes we do have a maintenance issue, carpet cleaning ect that can delay that procedure. I apologize for your delay. We did do minor repairs on the putt putt in June but each season it does take a hit. We will be doing repairs this winter for 2014 but we are planning a new pool where the existing outdoor pool is for 2015.