“Great place to stay!”

Francis Scott Key Family Resort
Ranked #5 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We show horses in this area alot and also come to Ocean City for other events, Everyone in the family prefers to stay here. Great indoor pool with a bar, spacious rooms and easy access to your room. Even the beds are comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DawnK24
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you...our Tempurpedic mattresses are a big hit! They are allowing horseback riding on our beaches now in the off season...hopefully you can enjoy that next time!

Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I booked a one night stay for my 10-year old son and a friend for his birthday. Check in was super easy, the room was done and they had no problem accomodating us with an hour early check in. The pool was a blast. The lifeguard was very interactive with all of the kids and adults. The pool bar/concession was also very friendly. We took advantage of the free DVD check out and watched a movie in the room and ate pizza. What a great time and the kids said it was the BEST PARTY EVER!!!! To me, the beds were amazing! I slept like a baby!!

Room Tip: In my opinion, who wants to cook while on vacation or overnight stay? We opted for the more spaciou...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nicoleb730
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Best party ever!! I love that! Our indoor pool has generated tons of memories and I am so glad we have added yours to the list...and our beds our Tempurpedic so the great night sleep is owed to them!!!

Hope we don't have to wait for another birthday to see you again!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I never write reviews. That being said, I continue to be amazed at the negative ones about FKS. We had an amazing week. It was clean,comfortable and cozy. Yes could hear the noise from the
other room, but no different from hearing my kids in the house. Never needed anything from the staff. But all seem friendly. Bus service was excellent! If you are worried about bed bugs (which I do) look thoroughly first before bring your stuff in the room. The only down side is double beds. Only because my kids are teenagers and no longer small. But it was only a week, not forever. We had lost my mother, sister in law, then my father all in one year. It was so get away for a week as a family. I've told so many people about this place. Has something for someone of any age. To relax and take a breath, and make Great Memories. Thank You.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Biz72

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It sounds as though your family had a trying year and we are so glad we could place some happy memories for you. We are dedicated to trying to give a family fun experience and I am glad that we hit the mark with you all.

Hopefully we will see you all again soon and 2014 will be a great year for all!

Sincerely

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My wife and I took our infant son last March and we had a great time. I was expecting a glorified motel but the indoor pool was much nicer than I anticipated as well as the $3 landsharks at the pool bar!! We opted for a room with the mini kitchen and were able to cook all our meals there with no problem, the room was clean and pretty spacious. The staff were all extremely nice and accomodating.

We went in March on a St Patrick's Day special and I forget the details but the whole weekend trip cost us around $150 and we got all sorts of coupons and gift cards. After our stay we decided right then and there this was going to have be a yearly winter trip for us. We already booked another stay the end of November and will probably go again the next time they have another good special in Jan or Feb.

This place is perfect for a weekend getaway especially in the winter, I can't say enough good things about it. The beach is just a couple miles away if that and there is a Starbucks and lots of dining options close by.

Room Tip: Keep an eye out for the specials online! The rooms with the kitchenettes have been recently updated...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John L
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thanks for you great review. We do offer special weekends all through the fall, winter and spring! The indoor pool is a great place to escape the winter blues... We look forward to seeing your family again soon!

Sincerely

Reviewed 1 November 2013

The facility was very clean and hospitable. The indoor pool was so cute, and the grandchildren loved all the things to do in the pool...especially the waterslide. The mattresses on the beds were incredible...memory foam...good nights sleep along with plenty of pillows!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ottilie h

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. The Temperpedic Mattresses are a wonderful way to get a good nights rest!

See you soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I spent one night there. The beds were infested with bedbugs. The shower had cigarette butts in it in a non-smoking room. The neighbors were noisy and you could hear every cough. The wireless did not work. The pillows and beds were lumpy. The front desk when we checked in was not friendly. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013
10  Thank Pennymohr
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

I had the ability to speak directly with this guest this morning in relation to her issue during her stay. Bed bugs are an industry wide concern and they are equal opportunity offenders that hitch hike into guest rooms, movie theaters, trains, rental cars and airplanes. We take preventive measures and do room checks upon checkout and we take the concern very seriously. That being said, if we do have an issue we take full responsibility. I am working with this guest to make sure they are fully compensated for any expenses and I have given her my personal cell phone so she contact me directly if needed. I have given her my word we will do everything necessary to rectify the situation.

Our housekeeping manager has been made aware of the concerns detailed and we are currently finalizing our WIFI upgrade. Each guest room has Tempurpedic Mattresses which the vast majority of our guests enjoy.

I feel terrible that this guest had such a negative impact during her one night stay with us but will do what is in my ability make the situation better.

SIncerely

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We have been coming to the OC car show that is held in May and have always stayed at the Francis Scott Key Resort. We have a handicap daughter and who also has a severe allergy to latex. The owner and the staff have always made sure that our stay is a safe one and not to mention, a fun one too. We have been staying at the resort for 15 years and have no plans to stay elsewhere. The room is plenty big for a motorized wheel chair to get around without any problems. No we don't stay in the handicap section of the resort any longer as the owner suggested we might like staying in a different area of the resort. She was so correct. The staff are very pleasant and they will resolve any issues ASAP. The cost is very reasonable for the time frame in OC. We have never had any issues and we just LOVE this resort and would recommend it to anyone. In fact, we have friends that are now coming down and staying at the FSK twice a year now. The indoor pool is my handicap daughter's favorite thing. They have lift to pick her up from her wheel chair and place her in the pool. The smile on her face is priceless.
Now our grandson enjoys his time there as well and I'm sure he will have many years to come of this.

I want to thank you all for all the love, care and kindness you have given to us over all these years and we look forward to seeing you in 2014!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ruthie B
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

We have the pleasure with several of our guests that they actually become like a part of our family. This is the case with this incredible crew! We are blessed that the Francis Scott Key has help several memories for this family and I pray for many, many more to come.

See you in May!