My husband bought a special on Groupon for in March and I thought what are we going to do in the cold! We didn't arrive till 10pm and the desk clerk was still waiting on us. They close early in the off season and since we'd booked thru Groupon, they didn't have our phone number. The resort was exceptional and we'd definitely return. We upgraded to the kitchenette and loved being able to get up and make our own breakfast. Our room was clean, the beds were fantastic and the room was very nicely laid out, the staff was nice and while the restaurant wasn't open for the season, we were close to enough restaurants that were open. It's a mile from the OC strip so you just have to drive across the bridge. Keep in mind if you go this time of the year, OC is extremely quiet. The resort is in the middle of OC, Assateague and right across the road from outlets and lots of stores around. It got to around 60 degrees on Saturday so lots of shops were open on the boardwalk. The pool at the resort was really nice. They have lots of things for kids to do. While I don't know if I'd return in March, we loved the resort and will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Year-round family resort offering affordable rates and packages surrounded by many free amenities creating a unique, fun, memorable vacation trip and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Francis Scott Key Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Francis Scott Key Family Hotel Ocean City
- Francis Scott Key Motel
- Francis Scott Key Hotel Ocean City Md