“Memorial Weekend Getaway!”

Ranked #7 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Glen Burnie, Maryland
“Memorial Weekend Getaway!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My 2 daughters, their sons and myself stayed at your resort for the Memorial Day Weekend! We had a wonderful time, especially my grandsons! The rooms were very nice and the beds were extremely comfortable. The staff were exceptional, nice and there was an extremely nice Security Guard who introduced himself to me and he walks the grounds at night. That made us feel very safe. There were plenty of things to do, especially the indoor and outdoor pools, golf, volleyball and just walking the grounds in general. There were geese with their babies and they were adorable. When I wrote my original review, I actually received a very nice e-mail from the owner, which was a surprise. You don't find that very often. We will definitely be staying here again this summer! Thank you for a wonderful weekend!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor without a refrigerator. I think next time we will choose one of the cott...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you so much for the awesome review. We do read and take note of our guests comments. We may not always be perfect or even a perfect fit for everyone but constructive information makes us better and lets be honest wonderful comments are nice to hear. We are so pleased that we could be a part of starting your families summer off on the right foot!

Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Pikesville, Maryland
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We took our little family to OC this week and we loved staying at the FSK. The weather wasn't cooperating so we weren't able to stay and play at the beach as much as we had hoped---it was quite cold and windy and rainy. Because it wasn't peak season and it was during the week, the shuttle wasn't operating. The room was very comfortable and the new Tempur-Pedic mattresses were awesome! Our kids, ages 1 and 3, loved the indoor pirate pool area. Loved that it had varying depths, including 6 inches for little ones all the way to 4 feet. The hot tub was great too! Right across from Tanger Outlet and plenty of places to walk to and eat. My kids had fun playing putt putt too. Great for families with kids!!

1 Thank Holly S
We hope the weather cooperates during your next visit but having the Caribbean Indoor pool can be a lifesaver for some vacations. Thank you for taking the time to write!

Annemarie Dickeson
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I have stayed there many times and love the place, the rooms are cozy and clean and the restaurants are second to none. The pool is nice and there is lots to do for the kids. They have a shuttle bus that runs frequently to the beach and boardwalk so you can park your car at FSK and go!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Our shuttle is one of our guests favorite amenities. We are blessed to have families such as yours that think of us as their home away from home.

See you soon!

Middletown, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Immaculate and clean inside and out, staff was friendly, free shuttle service to and from boardwalk, free mini golf, pirate ship splash area for kids, outdoor pool, indoor pool, on site diner. Becky and Anne were very helpful. EXCELLENT.

Room Tip: No elevator, but I requested bottom floor and they were very accommodating.
3 Thank Michele R
Thank you so much! We do try to make our guests experience as enjoyable as possible. We hope that your stay becomes a tradition!

Bronx, New York, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family and friends visited this establishment from May 23-26, 2014. The majority of us stayed in the Ohio and New Jersey building, some in New York. We had an EXCELLENT time and are ready to book again for an even longer stay. The staff is very attentive to your needs. If you run in to any issues they Re ready to assist you in minutes. Since we were such a big group, over 140. They provided us with a barrel grill, which allowed us to cook more food at one time. I have to be honesty. I never left the area.. Some family members did branch out and said there is plenty of shopping (Tanger outlet), supermarkets and restaurants ( pizza shop delivers until 4am).. Becky was very pleasant and helpful. The check in and check out process wS swift and informative.

Room Tip: I choose the corner room 2219 which provided me with plenty of room. The shuttle bus runs frequently...
1 Thank Katrina S
We love our family reunions and we are blessed to make the FSK a place where people can re-connect and enjoy ech other. I will be sure to pass on to Becky the Kudos! We look forward to seeing your family again soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We just stayed at FSK resort in Ocean City, MD for Memorial Day weekend with our two kids, 8 and 4. We absolutely loved the resort and our kids were loving every day of it. My 8 year old who always has something negative to say about what we do told my wife that he couldn't pick one best moment because there were just too many to choose. He must have played putt-putt about 20 times in the 4 days we were there. We loved to Vacation home that they opened up for the weekend, which I highly recommend if it is available. My kids loved the outdoor pool but really loved the indoor one.
The shuttle to the beach/boardwalk was great, I didn't have to move my car very much, except to go food shopping or take a scenic drive and I didn't have any sand in my car from the beach. Was really surprised that the breakfast at the 50s café onsite was so small. Would have rather gone offsite to eat that day.
Apparently they are re-doing the pool/pool bar/putt-putt area in September so can't wait to go back and see it next year.
We also really loved De Lazy Lizard which was just over the bridge. Went there the Friday for lunch...they had a playground area and cornhole games along with great drinks and great food.

Room Tip: If possible, try to get the vacation rooms, which are normally just for week long stays, but the res...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our new Shipwreck cove for 2015 will be exciting for us and our guests.

Thanks for making some OC memories here at the FSK!

berks pa
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My family stayed here for the Memorial Day weekend and enjoyed the resort. We typically visit OC later in the summer and rent a private condo so this was our first experience at the Francis Scott Key. Let me start off in saying that the shuttle bus to the boardwalk was so convenient! It picked up about every 15 minutes and dropped us back off right at our building. The time and money saved just by this amenity alone was greatly appreciated. But by far, the indoor water park was what made the trip for my family. My daughter spent hours every day in the indoor water park, the lifeguard John was so friendly and amusing as he interacted with the kids on the water slide. Our kitchenette room was very nice, my only suggestion would be to add some black out curtains. It was very bright for those of us who wanted to sleep in on those comfortable beds, and it would have helped muffle some of the noise outside from some of the other guests.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are so glad that you choose to kick our your summer at the FSK! We hope that we get to see your family again soon... The shuttle is a great way to enjoy OC without paying for parking or looking for a spot!