“PERFECT for families!!!!”

Ranked #2 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Wilmington, Delaware USA
“PERFECT for families!!!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

It is a perfect place for people traveling with children. The facilities are nice and I understand that next year they will be even better. Staff is family-like. I really have very little to say about this place that's not positive. This past weekend was my 3rd time in 2 years, and plan on returning before summer's end.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you very much for writing... We are very blessed to have so many of our guests that think of the Francis Scott Key as their home away from home. We look forward to you next visit back!

Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 July 2014

If you enjoy watching your children/ grandchildren having fun this is the resort for you! With an outdoor pool (with Tiki Bar and hot tub), an indoor pool (with hot tub, slide and volley ball net), a Pirate Ship themed spray area, miniature golf, basketball court, volley ball area, fishing pond, picnic area and a terrific 1950's themed restaurant all on the property how can you go wrong! The hotel rooms and vacation homes I have stayed in were always clean and well equipped. The staff is outstanding, friendly and helpful! Check in/out is a breeze. The resort has (free) shuttle buses to the boardwalk and ocean beach which is only one mile away. Our family will continue to enjoy this outstanding resort year after year!

Room Tip: End rooms are larger if you want more room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much! One of the best parts of my day is walking the property and watching memories being made. As parents of three kids (15, 16 and 19) I can't believe how time flies and spending these moments are so important. I am thankful the Francis Scott Key is a part of so many memories!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We only stayed one night but I wish we could have stayed longer. Tons of things for kids to do right on the property including several pools, movie night, mini golf. Plus a shuttle to the beach & car wash station. The rooms are basic but clean. You really get a lot for a reasonable price. We plan to visit for a longer period of time next year!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much...I agree one day is not enough for all OC has to offer. We have great three day, five day and seven day discounted rates. We realize that your vacation days are precious and we are privledged that you choose to spend them with us!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2014

So I booked this resort not expecting much since there were some mixed reviews. No this is not a posh hotel if that is what you are looking for. Yes it is clean which is very important and they have temperpedic mattresses. This is a great place to bring your family and have just a wonderful time. I went with 3 other families. The children were of ages 1, 2 and 7. I had a kitchenette in the Ohio building. It's convenient traveling with a toddler to have a full kitchen available especially if they are a picky eater. It is completely stocked although I do recommend if you go with children to bring plastic plates and cups. I don't trust my 2 year old with ceramic cups or plates. The staff was wonderful. We ate at their diner, food was good and it wasn't even crowded. But keep in mind they close very early, at 3pm. The outlets are literally right across the street. No need to drive unless you are doing tons of shopping. The boardwalk is less than a 5 minute drive. If you are looking for where to eat there are tons of restaurants on that strip. I really enjoyed this place and we are all looking forward to going back next year especially with the reno that they are doing. By the way the 2 and 7 year old cried when we left so beware, they fell in love with this place.

6 Thank Clara_225
Thank you so much! We are proud of who we are and we try not to market ourselves as anything more... We are an affordable family resort where we believe the family can re-connect. We are excited about our new pool replacing the outdoor one and we will be beginning in room touches that will begin this winter and travel through the next four. We are so pleased you kids loved it here....you made my day!

new york
Reviewed 28 July 2014

It will be our 2nd time visiting the FSK resort. Just to say that my boys ages 4 and 8 can not wait for their next visit coming up next month. For my kids to choose to come back to a place it must be something positive and memorable for them. Yes this may not be a luxury hotel but boy does the amenities make up for it!! My favorite was the outdoor pool and I cant wait for the new upgrade coming up next year! I know that the intended target are for kids but could their be some space for outdoor entertainment geared for both (kids & adults). I truly love this place and hope to have a wonderful experience like last time. To see the smilies on my kids faces...priceless:)

Room Tip: Choose rooms with kitchenette to save money on food...also the room at the ends of the Florida buidi...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Barb G
I agree...smiles are priceless. We are very excited about our new swimming pool that will replace our existing outdoor pool. It will have a top notch mini golf for all ages, a new bar and grill and an aduly hot tub. We will also be hosting a managers meet and greet each week so we can mingle with our guests. It will also feature a music and light sprayground area that will hopefully entertain all ages. Thank you for taking the time to write!!

Sincerly
Brentwood, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at the Francis Scott Key Family Resort with my daughters basketball team for a weekend tournament. This place was wonderful. The kids enjoyed the pools and basketball court as well as the mini-golf and pond. The parents loved the picnic pavillion and the overall family feel of the place. Any questions or problems were addressed immediately by the fabulous staff.We look forward to coming back next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Valerie R
Thank you so much! I honestly believe we have one of the best staffs here at The Francis Scott Key. We place a big emphasis on customer service...so pleased you agree. We look forward to your next stay!

Codorus Furnace, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Francis Scott Key is by far above the rest of the hotel for a family stay. They offer many amenities for all types of weather and strive to make sure everyone is happy. My favorite things are the pool areas ( 3 of them - indoor, out door and a spray pirate ship), movie nights, and the outstanding courtesy of the staff.

They even offer a free shuttle to and from the boardwalk during the day. We have been coming here for over 12 years and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: If you have a large family, the cabins are the best bet. If you like to swim during off season stay...
2 Thank Joshua T
Thank you... we believe the Francis Scott Key is a good value for our guests. We are very blessed to have so many loyal guests that stay with us year after year. We know you have choices...thank you for thinking of us when you come to Ocean City!