“Super!”

Ranked #1 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Montreal
“Super!”
Reviewed 15 June 2009

We chose the FSK motel based on other reviews and we were not disappointed! The beds are very comfortable, the staff is friendly and available, the shuttle is great, the indoor pool was perfect for not so sunny days, and the mini golf, our night fun! Our room was a bit dark but it did not bother us so much. The location is great for people who want quiet time after a day at the beach and/or the buzzing of the boardwalk... After 7 days, our children didn't want to leave! We will be back this summer!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank outdrfun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Bel Air, MD
Reviewed 9 June 2009

We chose FSK after a recommendation from a former co-worker. It figured that we picked the hottest week of the year to visit. I didn't know what to expect, but I was exceptionally pleased! When we didn't utilize the hourly shuttle to the boardwalk, we were dozing by the indoor pool. My daughter didn't want to get out! The rooms were clean, the staff were very helpful. Checking in and out was a breeze. Will I go again? I just booked my reservation! My daughter just requested to "go to the place that has that neat waterslide." My pleasure!

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank toodlelu
amdinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, 9 June 2009
Our indoor pool tends to have that wonderful relaxing effect on our guests. Hopefully the weather will be perfect for your next visit! Thanks for taking the time to write your thoughts!

pasadena, md
Reviewed 7 June 2009

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in April. The hotel was busy because they were running a special package. Regardless of how busy they were, we got great service. It was myself and 3 "13 year olds", not easy to please. They however loved it! They used the indoor waterpark, played minature gold, and volleyball. All this was included in our stay. There is plenty to do and in some ways it isnt even necessary to spend lots of time at the boardwalk with so much other stuff to do. Our room was very clean and plenty big enough. It is a bit dated but fine. Bed was nice and comfy! The front desk was very friendly and helpful. I was looking for something to read, such as a newspaper, so I asked at the front desk and she showed me an entire bookcase full of reading material that I could borrow during my stay. The visit was wonderful. Of course the inlet is a small drive away, being the only thing that for some could be a concern. We took our car to the inlet parking lot and had no problem. I will use the shuttle service in July when I return for my second visit. A great value and a great place.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank cmd72
amdinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, 8 June 2009
We are always geared to please all of our guests and I am glad your group of 13 year olds had a good time. We do strive to make an affordable fun atmosphere for all our guests and we center our property around family activities. We look forward to your next stay!

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2009

This year (2009) will be the third year my family and I have stayed at FSK. We love it! The pools are awesome! There are so many fun things for me and my family to do! Ideal for a family with children. The shuttle service is out of this world! So easy to use and the friendliness of the drivers is the best. They are ALWAYS willing to help you in/out with whatever it is you are taking to the beach. It is really time saving to have the shuttle drop you off and pick you up at the boardwalk. No riding around looking for parking or paying for parking. Overall, I would highly recommend FSK! Can't wait to stay again in July 2009!!!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank mfreeberg
amdinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, 2 June 2009
We are looking forward to your stay in July. Our shuttles are now running an hour earlier (9am - 10pm) to give families a little extra beach time. Thank you for taking the time to write!

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Close to everything, The rates are great, everything you need is right there, People are so friendly,[ GREAT PLACE FOR CHILDREN ] They make you feel at home, Your personal belongings are safe. If you have a expensive car, or moter cycle, You don't have to worry about it on the lot. All these things mean a lot. Trust me you have to check this place out. You can't go wrong Thank you Sincerely Sharon Boyles Pennsylvania

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank melstree
amdinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2009
Thank you for your kind words about the Francis Scott Key. We take pride in our wonderful co-workers and our property. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. I will be sure to pass on the compliments to our staff!!

Sincerely
philly
Reviewed 26 May 2009

The rooms at FSK are not the best. They are older, but most have been recently renovated. They are quite dark, also. Having said that, this is a motel at the beach and I have found that even the higher priced hotels along the ocean aren't all that nice. We stayed June '08 for 3 nights and had a blast. Our 6 year old loved the pools (there is one outdoor, one indoor) and the Pirate Sprayground provided her with hours of fun! We also took advantage of our free game of mini golf that was offered. One night, after returning from the boardwalk, we borrowed a board game from the lobby. The free shuttle was the greatest thing! No looking for parking at the beach! It also forced us to scale down the amount of things we were bringing to the beach - yeah!

We really had a fantastic trip and are looking forward to our second stay next month! I really recommend this motel for families. There is so much to do. Just keep in mind that the rooms are slightly dingy...not dirty, just older.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank traydiggs
amdinoc, owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, 2 June 2009
Thank you for your comments. We have placed energy efficient higher wattage bulbs in all guest rooms. We feel it has greatly increased the brightness in the room but would love your input when you stay this month - please see me while you are with us!. Our shuttle will run one hour earlier this summer to hopefully this will extend your beach fun! Looking forward to your stay!
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 May 2009

We usually visit the FSK for a weekend in February for the kids to enjoy the indoor pool, but this time we took a spur of the moment weekend vacation with our kids and friends this past weekend at the FSK. As always, the front desk girls (and Ben) were very helpfull and pleasant. We were to stay in a cottage, and the first cottage had a non-working air conditioner, so we were moved to the next door one which was bigger. We had a few issues but the maintance men were very quick to respond and very quick to help. I havent had the pleasure of dealing with maintance men that were so quick before, so that was great. Over all, the weekend was great....nice place, great pool for the kids, the life guards were very quick to help when my daughter got a scrape, over all, great staff and great place.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Krislynell
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Francis Scott Key. We appreciate your comments about our staff and service. Though our goal is always to have everything perfect........it doesn't always turn out that way. We have a wonderful maintenance staff that has a main objective of quick results and positive customer service. They take pride in their job and I think it shows. We look forward to your next stay!