I guided my decision to stay here based upon the feedback of trip advisor reviewers. Boy was that a big mistake. I did not expect a 5 star resort, but I also did not expect the toilet to smell like a men's urinal at Yankee Stadium. The cleaning staff (and I use that term loosely) should be replaced. As other reviewers have mentioned, all of the fixtures have rust and the room just felt dirty. On the first day, I pulled a tissue from the box and out came a fly. The wireless Internet is spotty at best- better off not even having it unless the desire is to frustrate your customers even more. We were so disgusted that we left Thursday night, deciding to spend the overnight hours in our car rather than another night in that seedy room. I am sure management will post that the rooms and the wireless will be upgraded next year, but that is no consolation to me this year. I spent a lot of money for a "resort" experience and left feeling that I would have been better off pitching a tent nearby in the woods. The only positives out of the whole experience were the indoor pool, pirate ship spray station, and shuttle bus. Although, the price may sound nice, you are best spending a few extra dollars for quality!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Year-round family resort offering affordable rates and packages surrounded by many free amenities creating a unique, fun, memorable vacation trip and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Francis Scott Key Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Francis Scott Key Family Hotel Ocean City
- Francis Scott Key Motel
- Francis Scott Key Hotel Ocean City Md