We met up with my sister and her son in Early August 2009. We had kids ages 15, 3, & 8. I absolutely loved the place. As stated in many reviews, the one problem I find with the rooms is the rust and old, yuck feel of the bathrooms, other than that it was great. I brought things with me like a can opener, a pitcher for iced tea ect, to find they had though of everything. We loved the splash area most I think, and the out door pool. Nobody really cared to go to the beach. The breakfast left much to be desired, and I am sooo glad to hear they are opening a new restaurant. It will do very well I predict, especially if they are planning to serve breakfast all day.
Another comment I would like to make is that my husband became very sick on his stay and spend a lot of the time in bed. He was feeling better our last night, and I asked for extended check out and explained the reason. We had two rooms, and my sister called the next morning and they allowed us an extra hour, which was wonderful. We were able to play in the morning and still have a room to go back to change in comfortably before our 6 hr drive home. Thank You..
The only recommendation I have for families with teenagers (and only one of them--) Let them bring a friend. Because things close up by 9 or 10, and we had a little one also that would be totally exhausted and ready for bed, it was difficult for her to stay occupied (though the game rentals from up front are wonderful perk by the way) It seems the teenagers kind of hang on the playground at night and that is nice also. A safe place for them to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Year-round family resort offering affordable rates and packages surrounded by many free amenities creating a unique, fun, memorable vacation trip and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Francis Scott Key Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Francis Scott Key Family Hotel Ocean City
- Francis Scott Key Motel
- Francis Scott Key Hotel Ocean City Md