“Sorry it took a year to write this”

Francis Scott Key Family Resort
Ranked #5 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 29 May 2010

When my wife book this trip last year I was very skeptical as I remembered teh FSK as a mess when I grew up in the 70's...well not only did we have a great stay we booked a cabin before we left for this summer. If you have a fqamily and want a winner of a trip book at FSK. The kids loved the ammenities. My wife and I bought a tempurpedic matterss for our home and teh shuttle made the location perfect. See you in a few weeks.
Geoff

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank geoffhaim
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2010

We aren'y your parents Francis Scott Key!! We have made many improvements over the years all based on customer feedback. Thank you for appreciating the progress!! As fo the time it took to write we are just thankful that you did! See you soon!

Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed 15 May 2010

My husband and I both agree this is the place to be at the beach if you have young children. Our son and my nieces loved the Pirate Splash Playground. It was great to take a shuttle to the beach and boardwalk. Our only problem was that our son loved the splash playground so much he never wanted to leave to go to the beach.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jackat13

Thanks for writing! I love to hear when our VIP's don't want to leave. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 7 May 2010

Our family has been staying with the Francis Scott Key for 15 years! First with our individual families (we were teenagers then) and now with our own children we have seen the changes over the years. they are always working to make it a better vacation for you and your family. My boys love it! we have never had any problems its always clean the staff always nice! thank you see you soon! The Stransky Family

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank StranskyJ
Reviewed 6 May 2010

WE stayed at the Francis Scott Key Resort last summer and had a blast!!! My son was 3 and nephews were 8! They have so much to do. And the shuttle to the beach is awesome! They are pretty strict on visitors which actually helps you have a better time. We did not have a single issue with the hotel, and the made even made little towel animals on out bed, which the children loved! This year we were planning our summer vacation to Disney World and my so said no he wanted to go back to the Pirate Ship!! So we are going back in July! The indoor pool was a blast, expecially at night time, and the spray park was a ton of fun! We will deff be comming back for many years to come!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank RachelEason
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2010

Wow, you can't get a better compliment then when a child wants to return. We have made our improvements over the years to please our audience (kids!) and it is wonderful when we get the thumbs up! We can't wait till you see our new facelift on our lobby! We appreciate you taking the time to write and we are glad the FSK and Ocean City is your vacation choice!

Reviewed 2 May 2010

We just returned from a weekend vacation at the Francis Scott Key, and as always, we had a wonderful time. This was our second stay this year, and this time we were able to get an updated room. The new rooms are really nice and bright. My daughter loved the indoor pool and game room, and we enjoyed just walking the grounds. We were bummed that we missed the restaurant opening by a week, but we'll be back in September. Great Job!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jennapens

I am so glad that you enjoyed our new updated rooms. Our number one issue was that the rooms were too dark and your review that they were bright just made me smile! We have strived to give the lobby, family lounge and the new Diner a 1950's beach home flavor. We are so please that you family enjoyed their stay!

Reviewed 25 April 2010

Nice place to stay with any age kids. There is alot of FREE things to do on the grounds.The pool was very nice, kids enjoyed it. Hot tub was enjoyable. No restaurant due to renovation, but that was ok. There were plenty of other places to choose from. Very close to everything, just a short drive over the bridge. Would make this my first choice when visiting OC,MD again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank upstateNY88

Thank you for your review. We are just now making the finishing touches from our winter renovation and the response has been great! It is because of comments like yours that we made the improvements. We appreciate the feedback and we will see you in a hearbeat!!

Reviewed 2 April 2010

We stayed at this hotel last night. We checked in and got to the pool and were told we needed wristbands to get in. I had to load up my kids and drive back to the lobby and wait in line again. Clerk forgot to give us the wristbands at checkin. The rooms were old, musty and beds were hard as rocks. We had to sign a form at checkin that we would be quiet and respect our neighbors. We had kids jumping and screaming on the floor above us and next to us from 8pm-12am and they started up again at 6am. Room walls were paper thin. I called the front desk. Obviously nothing was done. Pool was overcrowded and unruly kids. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2010

We are disappointed as well. We are strict about the use of wristbands for our amenities as we do want our guests only to have access to our pool , putt putt ect. If they did not receive them at check in that is clearly our fault and I apologize that they had to wait in line a second time. This holiday weekend we are sold out and with the winter blues behind us and our outdoor pools still to cold to open...the indoor pool is at maximum capacity. We do have Tempupedic mattress which the majority of our guests love. As far as noise we do regulate noise during our quiet hours but sometimes we have guest disturbances, sometimes though it is just excited children. This guest did not indicate if they contacted us about their room. It is always our goal to make our guests happy and we would have done whatever possible for this guest to be satisfied. I would ask this poster to contact me to personaly address this issue.