“Adorable resort!”

Francis Scott Key Family Resort
Ranked #7 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 4 July 2010

WE recently returned from a short 2 night stay at this resort. It was perfectly located 1 mile away from the Ocean City Boardwalk. It has a campground kind of feel to it. We stayed in the main building on the 3rd floor. The rooms are a little bit older but very clean and very spacious. If you like sleeping on the temperpedic matresses, you will enjoy this resort. The only downfall about this resort was there was not an elevator or someone to help us with our bags. We were put on the 3rd floor with two babies, so lugging everything up and down was a bit of a pain. The only thing I would really change about this resort is the stroller capabilities. The outdoor pool is raised up a bit and there is no handicap ramp or stroller ramp to access it. Other than that, this was a great resort with plenty for the children to do. I would love to go back again! Simply adorabel!

2  Thank dsilva51
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2010

Thanks for the lovely review. When doing renovations this winter we did look at the possibilty of adding an elevator but due to the addition of the fire sprinkling to the building we could locate an adequate location. We should have offered to help with you bags and I apologize for that!. We look forward to your next stay....

Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed 2 July 2010

If you have a family with young children, this is the place to be! Our children are 4 and 7 and loved every moment of everyday that we spend! All of the water recreation was great! Especially the indoor pool, so much for the children to explore. The staff was friendly and ok, a lot of foreign employees. Some of them spoke little or broken english, which made it somewhat difficult to get answers when asked questions. The room that we had was very good. We stayed in the New York section which was remodeled. It has a full stove/range, fridge and they supply all the utensils, right down to the pots and pans! Just purchase food at one of the two markets near the resort to save lots of money, instead of going out to eat everyday - it becomes costly. Loved the shuttle bus to the boardwalk/beach, but FSK should supply additional buses to shorten the wait time, plus beachgoers have equipment which takes up space in the mini bus. The fitness center needs to be upgraded tremendously. Some of the equipment is rusty and some parts are broken. FSK only have one computer for the resort - should have at least 3 more. Overall, we love the resort and would diffinately recommend FSK to a friend. We will be back next year!

2  Thank mrsqueen914
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2010

Thanks for your wonderful words! We do have two shuttle buses but one has been in the shop due to faulty AC and we have rented a 15 passenger van. It is not the same as it does not have the room for the beach stuff required for a fun day at the beach. We will have both shuttles running again on Monday the 5th! We have two additional computers that will be networked in the sun porch by the end of this week giving us three total. You may have noticed we ha the three desks already there and we have been waiting to get those last two computers installed! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2010

they staff was great, room was perfect and there was somemuch to do there it is perfect for every one

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank berdine14

Thanks for your wonderful comments...we hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2010

I was very much looking forward to my stay here this summer. Freshened up rooms, a new 50's diner.....which I couldn't wait to try. When we arrived, our room was ready even though we were a couple hours early. The rooms were decorated nicely, the grounds were clean. Went to the 50's diner our first day there. They specialize in build a burgers, so me and my husband ordered two cheeseburgers and my children choose the kids burgers. It took about 10-15 minutes there was only one other family in the restaurant. The waitress set the burger in front of me and there was blood all over my roll, needless to say I cut it open and it look like raw bloody hamburger inside. My husband choose to have his cooked longer but I choose not to eat it at all. Waitress said they cook all hamburgers medium.....fyi...my husband and I had a rare burger. I saw nothing on the menu that said they would be cooked to medium or I would have ordered it well done. One of the shuttle buses had no air conditioning, said temporarily out of service the whole time I was there .........I was there 6 days who knows how long it had been like that before I arrived. Heat index was around 100...15 people on board didn't make for a pleasant ride. So through in the towel with that. Then there's the beds. Some people love them others hate them and I am one of them. I weigh 135 pounds and sunk in it every night. The only thing that might bring me back to this hotel for another stay are the pools for the kids. They really enjoy them.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2010

Thanks for taking time to write. As you stated in your review one of our two buses has been out of service for 11 days with an AC issues. We rented a 15 passenger van until it was fixed and we did not then expect the second bus to have AC and alternator issues. As our buses are less then 5 years old and service before the season we did not expect to have back to back issues...Murphys Law. As of July 12th we are back to 2 fully functioning and AC running buses.

As for the Diner, I am sorry that you did not receive the meal or service that you deserved. I apologize. As we are getting our sea legs in the restaurant business again I can promise we take every constructive comment to heart!

As a tempurpedic mattress lover I do concur that people love them or...not so much. Thank goodness 90% of our guests enjoy the comfort of the mattress.

Please contact me before making your next reservation. I would like to personally handle your stay from start to finish to ensure you and you family are completely satisfied!

Reviewed 30 June 2010

I stayed at FSK for three nights for work. I was working down at the harbor, and FSK is the closest place. My room was an efficiency with two double beds, dining table, large fridge, range, coffee maker, microwave, and sink. The kitchen seemed to be stocked with all your basics, as well as pot holder, dish rag, towel, and soap (I'm surprised how many efficiencies don't provide dish soap). The room had a flat screen TV on the standard long, low dresser. The bathroom itself had the toilet and full size bath. The sink was separate, in a partially divided section of the main room. One problem I had was that the tub and sink drained very slowly. The bed was comfortable but softer than my liking - I prefer a rather firm mattress. I didn't see it listed on their web site, but free wireless internet is available in your room - you just need a log-in and password from the front desk. The room was clean, and I had no qualms about walking around barefoot. Overall, the room seemed bright and "cheery". The property is much more open and less hectic than over in town. Parking seemed better as well. I didn't feel like they strunk the spaces to fit more cars.

There is a diner in the main building where you can get breakfast starting at 7 AM, as well as burgers, shakes, and ice cream, I think unitl 9 PM. Elsewhere, there is a Starbucks and another diner next door, Carraba's and a Sunsations within walking distance, and an Outback, a pizza place, and a Japanese steak house across the highway in the White Marlin outlet mall. Down at the harbor, less than a mile away, is Crab Alley, Captain's Galley II, Harborside, The Shark, and Sunset Grill. A short distance down 50 is Hooper's Crab House. There is also a Food Lion and CVS nearby, and a gas station/convenience store across the street. Free shuttle buses runs continuously from FSK to the boardwalk (Somerset St.) from 9 AM to 10 PM in season. I think the shuttle bus would get you to the boardwalk faster than the town bus from some locations during the peak season. If you don't mind not staying within walking distance to the beach, FSK provides a relaxing stay near good food, with convenient access to the beach. I wouldn't hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank user621

Thank you for such a complete review. We appreciate you taking the time and your business. We hope that if you need to travel our way again you will think of this!

Reviewed 30 June 2010

Kids loved the pools, water slides, free mini-golf, etc. Location is nice, especially with the shuttle bus to take you over to the boardwalk.

1  Thank robiii

I am so glad we made our target audience happy...KIDS! We hope the entire family enjoyed our property! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2010

We had a wonderful vacation thanks to FSK motel. We have a 2 yr old child and FSK has some many amenities that help us met all our needs. We had a blast.

1  Thank hain1980
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2010

We are so pleased that your family enjoyed your stay. We hope that we become a family tradition! Thanks for writing!