We stayed at FSK for 3 days and 4 nights with our 2 kids ages 9 and 5. We stayed in a room that was supposed to be remodeled for the 2010 season and had a fridge. It appeared the carpet and furniture may have been new, but nothing else in the room appeared to be remodeled. Our shower had very poor water pressure no matter the time of day and did not even have a curved curtain rod. Our first full day was July 4th and traffic on US 50 in front of the hotel was bumber to bumper all day, so we stayed at the hotel most of the day. The indoor water park was ok. It has one small slides, a baby area and a permanent volleyball net. There are varying degrees of deepness and FSK provides life guards and life preservers. It was nice to be indoors, but the pool was far from a 'water park'. My kids really enjoyed the sprayground with the pirate ship. I don't think the price was a value for the type of room we were booked into or the amenities. The Route 50 diner was nice to go to one time, as the prices were no better than going to somewhere off property. There is a Starbucks, Carabbas and two small diners within walking distance. I would not reccomend the diner directly next door. All in all i would not book in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Year-round family resort offering affordable rates and packages surrounded by many free amenities creating a unique, fun, memorable vacation trip and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Francis Scott Key Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Francis Scott Key Family Hotel Ocean City
- Francis Scott Key Motel
- Francis Scott Key Hotel Ocean City Md