“kajon on the beach”
Review of Plim Plaza Hotel

Plim Plaza Hotel
Ranked #62 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 7 December 2007

could not beat the price,about half off any other hotel checked,the rooms may be a little smaller than average but i dont know about any body else but i went to spend time on the beach not in the room, and i must mention the location just steps outside the door to amusements, food and of course the beach ,all wraped up in a very reasonable price going again next year

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kajon1127

Reviewed 20 September 2007

We stayed there during bike weekend. We were married on the beach right in front of the hotel, it was perfect. The other guests gave us a standing ovation after returning from the ceremony. Everyone was so friendly. The location was close to everything. Housekeeping was very friendly and did their jobs. The sand sculptures on the beach right in front of the lobby were very nice. Our rooms were clean and neat. The rooms weren't too big but they were fine. I'm sure you could find things to complain about, but if your looking for a nice reasonable place to stay this is it. We had read some of the reviews and were concerned. Needless though, we would stay there again. The price was great . The birds kept the kids entertained, for the short times we were in and out of the lobby. The only real complaint we could have is that there is not enough on site parking.
Mr & Mrs M

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank MrsMPa
Reviewed 7 September 2007

We stayed at the PLIM PLAZA in Sept 2007 - best we ever had - true the rooms are small but compared to the price - location - hugh pool - FREE Coffe & tea & fruit - love the real live parrot -hugh porch to sit at - 2 large lobby TV's - CLEAN ROOMS - MAID SERVICE every day - if you need anything - go to the front desk - taken care of right away - central located to everything - including the art sand work - FREE you will NEVER find all that for low price in Sept. - the rooms are big enough to do what u have to do - who stays in your room at the pool or beach - if you want a larger room - stay at the RITZ- Clarion or one of those high rise hotels and pay the out rangous price -- then you will have something to compalin about after they rip you off with the high prices - this PLIM PLAZA was the best - we will go back again in Sept.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank TerGood
Reviewed 29 August 2007

The Plim Plaza is not a luxury hotel. I agree with other posts - the rooms are small, the lobby is blah, the Smorgasbord was horrendous (but cheap!), and the parking lot was far away. There was a smell in the room and my son and I couldn't stop sneezing every time we entered teh room. However, I was taking two of my kids by myself to OC for a few days and wanted safety and to be close to the rides/amusements so we didn't have to get in the car and drive. The Plim gave us what we were looking for, I was thrilled that right outside the front door is a lifeguard station, since I don't swim and had been told that morning by a church member who had just returned about a scary incident with her child and a rip current. The hotel was about 9 blocks to the rides/amusements, which my kids (12, 10) were really interested in. I didn't want to be so far away that the walk would wear them out afterward. We were also able to walk to a mini-golf. We did drive some to restaurants, and other attractions, but for the most part it was a pain to walk the several blocks to the car, so walked as much as possible. The pool was large and had sort of a Caribbean atmosphere with the foliage and live band always playing (day and night) when we went swimming. So, depending on what you want, it may or may not be the place for you. The kids decided we would stay someplace nicer next time, but that means fewer trips to the arcades/rides. I think this hotel is really a "2" but I gave it an extra star based on meeting our needs. One more thing - the religious sculptures are right outside the front door, and the porch is massive. We sat and watched the people who stopped to view the sculptures, which was interesting in itself.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank hogsmeade
Reviewed 6 August 2007

My husband and I stayed in the this hotel for about 2 hours. The room was very small,the carpet in the room was wet and the so called jacuzzi tub didn't work at all. My husband called to the front desk and we pack up and left. This little hotel is not for someone that wants to enjoy hotel stay too. Plim Plaza hotel does not give REFUNDS!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nicikola
Reviewed 24 July 2007

The Plim...My home away from home. My family and I have been going there since 1986...The hotel is in a great location to the Beach, Boardwalk, Inlet, and Bay...They can only do so much in a years time...they are always redoing the place...once you finish it's time to start all over again. The lobby is huge...TV's To watch...The pool and the Pool Bar are tops...It really shouldn't matter where you stay...you are at the beach for the beach...not to live in your room.
The staff is awesome. Very friendly, helpful, will do their best to make you feel at home...

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lisamarie322
Reviewed 23 July 2007

Our hotel stay was paid for by someone else, so we probably looked at it from a different perspective. We didn't pay for it, so we didn't mind as much. Had I paid, I'd have been dissapointed. The first problem with this hotel is the parking. They say it has four parking lots on the web site, but they don't tell you the other three are a couple blocks away and you have to cross the busy highway. The parking that is right at the building is very limited and on a first come first serve basis. You can pull up and drop off your luggage, but you have to wait in line and it's very cramped. It's very inconvenient that your car is two or more blocks away from the hotel. With the rooms being smaller than normal, there is no room for beach chairs or surf boards in your room. Who wants to walk two blocks each way before and after they go to the beach with beach gear. Ocean City streets are not a thrill to cross any way. The hallways in this hotel are in need of new wallpaper and are very musty with carpet stains. If you didn't go any farther than the hall, you would swear this hotel was a dump. Thankfully the rooms are better than the halls. The hotel room is small. It's the smallest i've ever been in. It would be ok for a couple, but we had our two children with us and it was to close of quarters for four days. Granted, you may spend a lot of time out on the beach or shopping, but if it rains your in for a long haul if you have to be cramped up in one of these rooms. The room was clean, but not clean enough that you would feel comfortable without shoes on your feet. This was hard for us because we had a three year old who kept trying to sit on the floor. The wallpaper was torn in some spots and very dingy. The bathroom looked very clean. I have seen other reviews that said the maid service was poor, but it was very good for us. The building is made of wood and I wasn't real comfortable knowing that if it caught fire it would go up quickly. The rooms have no balconies so if the hall is blocked by fire on an upper floor you'd be toast. The pool and bar area is nice but no one is there to keep pool goers under control. The water was also freezing cold. I'm not being picky either. You know when its to cold enough that the kids don't want to stay in......it's pretty cold. We did not try the hot tubs because they were always crowded. The lobby is very nice and we all enjoyed the birds. They even have a talking parrot that was a blast to listen to. The porch area is nice with rocking chairs for watching the boardwalk. All in all, I would only stay at this hotel if it were paid for by someone else, a party of no more than two per room, and it was no longer than a four day weekend.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family