“Location: Good. Room: Far From It” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Plim Plaza Hotel

Plim Plaza Hotel
Ranked #81 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Location: Good. Room: Far From It”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

If you want to hang out on the Ocean City Boardwalk, this hotel is in a prime location. And with its huge ocean-side patio, you can sit and people watch for hours. There is a big pool, multiple hot tubs, and plenty of Boardwalk food is right out the front door. Once I got I got into the room, it was a different story. This was by far the smallest hotel room I've had in the States in years. The quality of the furnishings were rundown to say the least. If the bathroom had a phone in it, it could be confused as being a phone booth. I'm sure it's a hard choice for any hotel to close rooms for renovations, but it's time. If you're on a party mission and plan on spending minimal time in the room, it works. If you like to spend time lounging in your room, this isn't for you.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MLNC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Hi, I've been staying at this particular hotel with my huge family of 20+ people for almost 30 years. We use this hotel because it is part of a convention we attend annually. Even tho its disgusting and the housekeeping is terrible it has become almost a home away from home for me and my family because 4 generations of us have gone every year for so long. I stayed this past weekend and checked out on Monday and left a $20 tip for the maid who really didn't deserve it, Monday evening once home I realized I'd left something valuable in the top of the closet. I tried to call and report it to the staff to see if it'd been turned in.. I was hung up on 3 times and was told the only way I could do anything was to come back to Ocean City to file a police report. When I asked them whether they cared that a staff didn't turn it in they laughed and said "no"! I asked what there policy was on this issue and was told again they werent "liable" and that I needed to call the police. I simply thought if that were my business I'd wanna know if there was a maid stealing things from guests by not turning them in. I asked a clerk to leave a note for a manager to call me and she said call back tomorrow and hung up in my face again. I finally spoke to a housekeeping manager who said he'll investigate the matter but ultimately it's my word against theirs. I have been a loyal customer to this dump for way too long to be treated like a liar. There are certain staff who are very pleasant in person but the majority act like total morons. The hot tubs are gross and so are the rooms, the carpets are dingy.. At the very least they need extra courteous customer service to make up for what they're lacking in all other areas but unfortunately they're all a bunch of cocky and rude people with an "I don't give a crap attitude" I can deal w all of that but now I have to worry about my valuable items being stolen from my room? I mean yes it was after check out but does that make it okay for a staff to not turn in a guests property? And if they're capable of taking items that don't belong to them than they are morally corrupt and cannot be trusted at all! I can't believe how I was treated about it tho, no apology, no one was even nice about it. They admitted themselves they don't care about having a dishonest staff member. So I am gonna have to seriously re evaluate whether me and my family will ever go back again. I've put up w a lot of stuff but being stolen from takes the cake. I can't stand dishonesty or thievery. Plus I go on vacation a lot I've stayed at all hotels from the Hilton to an econo lodge and we've all accidentally left stuff behind.. I've had hotels offer to mail me back a pillow I left behind or my cell phone charger.. I've even left money behind and had it turned in. Those are the kind of honest people that a business oughta want working for them. I am very disappointed! : (

• Stayed June 2013
7 Thank Shewee1085

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Alexandria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Before driving up i could not make up my mind on the days that I wanted to stay, however the morning staff was very patient and help me until i had my final dates. On the day of arrival Adam was very helpful with giving us the option of a different room. The room we selected was nicely renovated and very clean! The pool was beautiful and despite the obstruction of view this hotel was great! The location is the best and you can’t beat the price! Thanks again Adam and evening staff for making this a great long weekend getaway!

5 Thank Rickeya B
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Plim Plaza is a great hotel to stay at in Ocean City, Md. We have stayed at several of the more expensive places but have been returning to the Plim for Spring Fest and Bike Week. Their bar is excellent. They have lots of free entertainment. Food and drinks at the bar are very reasonable. They have a big front porch with rocking chairs. Free coffee in the lobby. Great help at the front desk (Christine, Jackie). Also great help around the bar (Jose).. The Plim aims to please their guests. Their location on 2nd and Boardwalk is ideal. Can't wait for Bike Week to return.

Room Tip: We get ocean front. I love to sit and watch the waves, also the people going up and down the boardw...
3 Thank 66donna
pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Plim Plaza....what more could you ask for....right on the boardwalk, only steps to the beach and water...friendly staff....tiki bar and huge pool on property....great entertainment...you are home!
enjoy the view, the people, the entertainment. We go every year in the Spring and used to go in the Fall, both great times. Summer is wonderful...

3 Thank lisamarie322
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

This hotel has THE BEST location......on the boardwalk...tiki pool bar!!! It's perfect for an OC stay.
Not the fanciest amenities, but very basic and just fine. You can sit out front and watch the car show parade drive right by. I love staying right in the center of it all!...you don't even really need to move your car once you park it.

Room Tip: It's a crap shoot...you get what you get. But you are in OC to go the BEACH!! Not to sit in your...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank lovetovaykay
Edgewood, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

We have gone to OC the last two years for our girls weekend getaway. The first time (in 2011) we stayed at the riviera, which was horrible, the staff was horrible and the rooms were just as horrible. Last year (2012) we found the Plim Plaza and enjoyed our time there. We enjoyed the pool, the deck and the fact that the beach was right there! We loved sitting by the pool and drinking the yummy drinks, that were good prices, we never had an issue finding a chair and there were 4 of us. Our window faced the beach. It's not the best place as far as quality, but what do you expect from OC? I am a person that "knows better", but I also don't go to OC to stay in my room and lay in bed. We all decided the the Plim Plaza would be "our place". So excited to go again. I rate on the experience and not the quality. Remodeling would be great since the times have changed, but I love it as is.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends