“Not so great... but not the worst”
Review of Plim Plaza Hotel

Plim Plaza Hotel
Ranked #62 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This hotel just isn't what we were expecting. We stayed a little over a week and any time we asked for something the people at the desk gave us a hard time, When staying over a week you might run out of toilet paper or towels right? haha. The room was small and kind of outdated but this usually doesn't bother me and I'm not complaining about an outdated room here. I am complaining however about the air conditioner that was blowing out HOT air! It was miserable in there. We had to leave our door open just to get some cool air from the hallway. The pool was nice, probably the best part about staying at this hotel but more than once the bar tender that walks around the pool taking drink orders walked right past us asking the people on BOTH sides of us if they needed anything. I was very very annoyed, I had a wrist band on so there was no reason for them to skip over us. Besides the poor service in both the hotel and pool areas the location was great and the pool and room were clean. Oh and if you plan to stay here don't pay more for the ocean front rooms , theres really no point without a porch and the windows (in our room at least) didn't have screens so you probably won't have them opened anyway.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 June 2013

If you want to hang out on the Ocean City Boardwalk, this hotel is in a prime location. And with its huge ocean-side patio, you can sit and people watch for hours. There is a big pool, multiple hot tubs, and plenty of Boardwalk food is right out the front door. Once I got I got into the room, it was a different story. This was by far the smallest hotel room I've had in the States in years. The quality of the furnishings were rundown to say the least. If the bathroom had a phone in it, it could be confused as being a phone booth. I'm sure it's a hard choice for any hotel to close rooms for renovations, but it's time. If you're on a party mission and plan on spending minimal time in the room, it works. If you like to spend time lounging in your room, this isn't for you.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MLNC
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Hi, I've been staying at this particular hotel with my huge family of 20+ people for almost 30 years. We use this hotel because it is part of a convention we attend annually. Even tho its disgusting and the housekeeping is terrible it has become almost a home away from home for me and my family because 4 generations of us have gone every year for so long. I stayed this past weekend and checked out on Monday and left a $20 tip for the maid who really didn't deserve it, Monday evening once home I realized I'd left something valuable in the top of the closet. I tried to call and report it to the staff to see if it'd been turned in.. I was hung up on 3 times and was told the only way I could do anything was to come back to Ocean City to file a police report. When I asked them whether they cared that a staff didn't turn it in they laughed and said "no"! I asked what there policy was on this issue and was told again they werent "liable" and that I needed to call the police. I simply thought if that were my business I'd wanna know if there was a maid stealing things from guests by not turning them in. I asked a clerk to leave a note for a manager to call me and she said call back tomorrow and hung up in my face again. I finally spoke to a housekeeping manager who said he'll investigate the matter but ultimately it's my word against theirs. I have been a loyal customer to this dump for way too long to be treated like a liar. There are certain staff who are very pleasant in person but the majority act like total morons. The hot tubs are gross and so are the rooms, the carpets are dingy.. At the very least they need extra courteous customer service to make up for what they're lacking in all other areas but unfortunately they're all a bunch of cocky and rude people with an "I don't give a crap attitude" I can deal w all of that but now I have to worry about my valuable items being stolen from my room? I mean yes it was after check out but does that make it okay for a staff to not turn in a guests property? And if they're capable of taking items that don't belong to them than they are morally corrupt and cannot be trusted at all! I can't believe how I was treated about it tho, no apology, no one was even nice about it. They admitted themselves they don't care about having a dishonest staff member. So I am gonna have to seriously re evaluate whether me and my family will ever go back again. I've put up w a lot of stuff but being stolen from takes the cake. I can't stand dishonesty or thievery. Plus I go on vacation a lot I've stayed at all hotels from the Hilton to an econo lodge and we've all accidentally left stuff behind.. I've had hotels offer to mail me back a pillow I left behind or my cell phone charger.. I've even left money behind and had it turned in. Those are the kind of honest people that a business oughta want working for them. I am very disappointed! : (

• Stayed: June 2013
7  Thank Shewee1085
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Before driving up i could not make up my mind on the days that I wanted to stay, however the morning staff was very patient and help me until i had my final dates. On the day of arrival Adam was very helpful with giving us the option of a different room. The room we selected was nicely renovated and very clean! The pool was beautiful and despite the obstruction of view this hotel was great! The location is the best and you can’t beat the price! Thanks again Adam and evening staff for making this a great long weekend getaway!

5  Thank Rickeya B
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Plim Plaza is a great hotel to stay at in Ocean City, Md. We have stayed at several of the more expensive places but have been returning to the Plim for Spring Fest and Bike Week. Their bar is excellent. They have lots of free entertainment. Food and drinks at the bar are very reasonable. They have a big front porch with rocking chairs. Free coffee in the lobby. Great help at the front desk (Christine, Jackie). Also great help around the bar (Jose).. The Plim aims to please their guests. Their location on 2nd and Boardwalk is ideal. Can't wait for Bike Week to return.

Room Tip: We get ocean front. I love to sit and watch the waves, also the people going up and down the boardw...
3  Thank 66donna
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Plim Plaza....what more could you ask for....right on the boardwalk, only steps to the beach and water...friendly staff....tiki bar and huge pool on property....great entertainment...you are home!
enjoy the view, the people, the entertainment. We go every year in the Spring and used to go in the Fall, both great times. Summer is wonderful...

3  Thank lisamarie322
Reviewed 23 February 2013

This hotel has THE BEST location......on the boardwalk...tiki pool bar!!! It's perfect for an OC stay.
Not the fanciest amenities, but very basic and just fine. You can sit out front and watch the car show parade drive right by. I love staying right in the center of it all!...you don't even really need to move your car once you park it.

Room Tip: It's a crap shoot...you get what you get. But you are in OC to go the BEACH!! Not to sit in your...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends