“Small rooms but clean”

Rochester, New York
“Small rooms but clean”
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Stayed 4 nights July 20-24th
I was very hesitant about staying here after some of the neg reviews but after staying there I have to say some travelers expect way too much for their money. We have been to OC 3 times. All the chain hotels are pretty much the same down there, Most beach hotels have sand and mildew smell, because of their location. You could easily pay $200 or more for a room a night but, I don't see them as being much better. besides the rooms some what larger. It took a day to adjus tbecause the hotel is old and the rooms are small and do need some TLC such as wallpaper loosening,but are clean The hallway was quite long and narrow , but after the 1st day you get used to it. Our room was cleaned efficently and we treated the staff nicely and in return we were treated the same way. We had to park at another lot but it took a total of 3 minutes to get there.

1 Thank bboomer55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
PA
Reviewed 23 July 2009

I have stayed at this hotel numerous time, but this time had to be the worst. Our hotel smelled like mold and pee. My daughter left $26 dollars in the dresser and the cleaning lady took it thinking it was her tip, on the first day? Then i brought my own pillow and case and she swapped out my pillow case for the hotels. I got out of the shower each morning and would have to reshower due to walking on the carpeted floor, my feet were discustinly black. Not to mention that there was black mold in the cracks of the shower, discusitng I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN

2 Thank nicscobes

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Olney, MD
Reviewed 21 July 2009

By far, the nastiest hotel room I have ever stayed in. I can handle a small room, but not a closet with 2 beds and a tv. You couldn't open the door all the way because you would hit a piece of furniture. They would not swich our room or give us a refund. I would have GLADLY taken half my money back just to be able to leave. Thank god we had good weather and could avoid the room. Since returning, I have been threatening my kids with going back to Plim Plaza if they don't behave . . . . enough said

1 Thank OlneyGuy
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 13 July 2009

We stayed in room 307, ocean front. The bill for two nights came to about 400 bucks, including taxes, etc. Our room had one double and one single bed. The room was in decent condition. It was pretty clean. Great view of the beach and ocean. The bathroom had been remodeled within the last several years, apparently, so it was fine. The room was largely taken up by the beds. We didn't care because we left in the morning for the beach and then went out at night. The weather was spectacular all weekend long. The air conditioner, TV, and small fridge worked great. We made our reservations just 48 hours before we checked in, so we had to stay on the smoking floor. However, our room really didn't smell bad. And we brought a scented candle, as reviewers below recommended, as well as our own towels. The staff was very responsive and friendly all weekend. The pool is incredible, but it does get packed if you get there in the afternoon. There are two poolside bars with food and the hotel had really good bands playing poolside till 11PM both nights. Frankly, you really don't need to leave the hotel for food and entertainment. There are two restaurants on site, including the "Mug & Mallet." But we nonetheless walked just a few blocks to the bayside Marina Deck restaurant for lunch one day and dinner another day. The hotel's location makes it very easy to get to great places to eat, dance, etc. The Plim Plaza has a terrific front deck with comfortable chairs. Great for people watching. The hotel lobby was very clean and comfortable, with complimentary coffee all day. I think it had WIFI too. And you only walk about 20 feet from the hotel to hit the beach. The beach was crowded, but great fun. All in all, we had a wonderful time at the Plim Plaza. We are going back in October during the hotel's 'customer appreciation' week, and basically staying for free. That's a deal the hotel offers if you stay with them at any time during the summer season. Another bargain weekend !!

2 Thank Sn0wSeeker
MARYLAND
Reviewed 13 July 2009

This weekend I had the worst hotel expeirence of my life! First of all the hotel was dirty, smelled like mold and mildew! The rooms were so small and in the bathroom, the wallpaper was coming off the wall, ants were all over the place, the shower was extra small and the toliet was leaking from the base. The management was not helpfull they would not give us a refund, and would not change our room. Parking also is a problem, there is really no parking there at the hotel you have to park 3blocks away. Just wanted to warn as many people as possible about this place, I got sick I have a upper respitory infection after staying there one night , it was because of the filth!!! NEVER STAY HERE NEVER EVER!

1 Thank TPORTILLO301
City of Champions, PA
Reviewed 5 July 2009

Looking for a way to take our 3 Children and my wife to the beach for a few days that wouldn't break the bank.... Plim Plaza was it. We arrived early on a Tuesday morning and they had onsite parking for us that we could use BEFORE we checked in. They offerred us the ability to use their changing room on the 3rd floor so we could go to the beach - again BEFORE we checked in.

After we changed we walked out the door onto the boardwalk and then right on to the beach.

The room was clean and comfortable - the AC was cold and worked well maintaining temp. The room was "dated" but I was looking for VALUE.

The pool and Tiki Bar are fantastic! We drank coffee by the pool each morning and ended up back at the Tiki bar each evening for a beverage.

The hotel is a very busy place - Yet they try to do ANYTHING to accomodate their guests.

We had a great visit and will go back next year.

2 Thank onefamdad
warrenton, va
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I have stayed at plim plaza as a teenager and now with my own family. I can not count the number of times I have stayed there and to be honest not a great hotel, but it is a BEACH HOTEL..the location is great you can park your car for a week and walk everywhere. I don't stay at a hotel to stay in the room it is simply to change and sleep that's it. The hotel is old and needs some work, but for the most part it is clean. The pool is fantastic with a poolside bar and music all day everyday, that is the main reason we stay there is for the pool. So if you want a hotel with the finest of things stay somewhere else, but if you want convience and a great atmosphere stay at the plim plaza hotel..it's so worth it and again the pool is great..the kids will love it.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family