“Average older Motel in OC”
Review of Seabonay Motel

Seabonay Motel
Ranked #63 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I wouldn't say I was wowed or anything, but I do agree with most others that it's within walking distance to the boardwalk and many restaurants, shops and literally right on the beach, however it could use some TLC. I have been going to OC for years and have stayed at many places including older motels such as the Oceanic, so I do know it's not the hilton or anything like that. I will see we did have excellent customer service, the room was clean, but very outdated and the beds were not very comfortable. It did have a pool which was nice and free coffee and fruit so that was a nice perk in the morning

. I only stayed one night, paid $110 for a double room with the pool view, I wouldn't say it was worth the $110, but it was probably that amount since it was at the end of the boardwalk and oceanfront. Would I stay again? Eh maybe, maybe I just need to try a different room, but it wouldn't hurt to update it a little bit during the off season. Id say maybe new wall surrounds in the shower, new shower curtains, perhaps new mattresses and new mini fridges (ours didn't work very well). Maybe those couple of things and it would look a little nicer. But like I said I wouldn't totally write it off.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank apierce88

Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

My sister and I recently spent three days at the Seabonay. The staff was very friendly. Our room was Oceanfront, and as expected had two double beds, AC, TV, recently renovated bathroom. However, the towel rack was damaged and hanging onto one screw, the furniture was outdated. We had a big-tube TV, the towels were thin and rough. And in 2013, who doesn't have a microwave? The balcony is not private, so if you are trying to enjoy a book or relax and watch the ocean be prepared for company. The location however, was perfect and we were just a short block from boardwalk. Overall for our short stay, it was OK.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Julie S
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed at the Seabonay for the first time at the end of June. It was in a great location just off the boardwalk and the staff was awesome. The ocean view room was wonderful! We will stay there again when on OC!

Room Tip: ocean view!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank krahn
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have vacationed at ocmd four times now and we always choose to stay at the Seabonay! It's location is perfect, right on the boardwalk and ocean view... You can't beat that. The management and staff are all so helpful and friendly, we will continue to stay at this hotel... In fact.. We are getting married on the beach next month and us along with our guests will stay at the Seabonay. I'd recommend this place to anyone who's looking for the perfect location for all the fun ocean city has to offer!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank LaylaMarie
Reviewed 10 July 2013

In my opinion...you can't ask for a better place in OC for the price. It's by the boardwalk, Embers, The Fractured Prune, walking distance to Fishtales...everything that matters to me. Service is great, rooms are clean, and the beach is at my front door!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank OceanLovingLandscape
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is my second experience at the Seabonay. After the first time coming, there was no other place I wanted to go! This time I chose to go around the time of the 4th of july. The environment is always filled with comfort and there are smiles everywhere you look. It is very family friendly and when you go once you are bound to go again, just like me! I am sad every time it is time to go. but each time I go back I get to remember all the memories. There's really not any other place I would go! Also! the customer service is the best. Along with the smiles comes great quality in the service they provide. If you ever need anything they are always there to assist. so please experience it for yourself! I cannot say it enough! I wouldn't have it any other way than the Seabonay!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Acacia M
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The Seabonay's location is perfect for those who like it close to beach to avoid the walk. The workers are very nice people. Our AC wasn't working property when we had arrived and within minutes they had replaced it with a new one! The pool was nice as well. What really stood out the most was there cleaning ladies.... They were all so sweet and welcomed and greeted every time they passed us. I don't know about anyone else but that hasn't happened to us at any other hotels/motels! We would defiantly stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013